PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lure fishing at night

3 posters

Go down

lure fishing at night Empty lure fishing at night

Post  nickcarpy Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 pm

reading about it on net an a bloke doe;s guideing for it,he as had some fantasitic results.as any of you lure fished at night?
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

lure fishing at night Empty Re: lure fishing at night

Post  esoxjeff Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:06 pm

yes Nick it does work!
canals and drains produce best.
normal lures work , but if you can add a rattle it just gets the edge.
how many times have you fished in coloured water, the visability's not that good.
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Rattles may help but pike have a vast array of senses that would allow them to locate prey in their vicinity without rattles. They have lateral lines, inner ear hearing, good night vision and they can easily find prey without any additional sound additions. Rattles are worth trying though.

......Regards.....Andy..... geek
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm

i think most pikers understand the senses of pike Andy, if not they should.
by reading a copy of "Through the Fishes Eye" or "Angling the Fundimental Principles" would help them to understand fish better?
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:04 am

esoxjeff wrote:i think most pikers understand the senses of pike Andy

Unfortunately, I don't believe they do. The amount of questions on forums is testament to that and the carnage you find on our waters is also testament to that.

esoxjeff wrote:if not they should.
by reading a copy of "Through the Fishes Eye" or "Angling the Fundimental Principles" would help them to understand fish better?

I agree. They should. I'm not familiar with the books you mentioned but now that you have, I'll be doing my damnedest to try and get them.
I generally get all my piking knowledge from anywhere I come across it, unless I'm looking for something specific, like the function of 'anti-coagulants', which by the way, turned out to be a ghost-hunt.
I and others spent weeks looking for solid proof of this pike-lore and guess what? Not a single scientific paper relating to the pike and anti-coagulants. If the Saliva/Anti-coagulants thing was true, you'd also imagine there would be a medical study into it's possible uses in the cardiology field, yet our search turned up zilch....nothing....nada....the big 0....zero.

.....Regards.....Andy..... study
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:24 pm

the 2 books mentioned Andy are not fishing books as such, but a more in-deoth look at how fish tic.
they can be picked up cheaplly ( ebay) a new freind of mine got hold of them for a couple of quid each Shocked Shocked
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down