PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pike competition for the first time?

2 posters

Go down

Pike competition for the first time? Empty Pike competition for the first time?

Post  micpiker Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi

Im thinking of attending a pike competition near me in January. Ive never been in any fishing competition, im not the most experienced piker and i dont have expensive fancy tackle. From what i hear about the results, not many fish have been coming out of the lake and competitions are often won with only a/couple of pike out in a days fishing.

Anyone have any tips how to not look like the obvious amature and is there anything particulary different you might do in a competition than a day out on on a day ticket lake??

thanks

micpiker

Back to top Go down

Pike competition for the first time? Empty Re: Pike competition for the first time?

Post  silvers Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Firstly having fished loads of ACA qualifiers I know most of the guys you are up against are gonna be amateurs aswell so don't be phased by other Anglers otherwise you are beaten before you start.

Secondly if you have the chance to fish the venue a couple of times before the match do so as this will give you a little inkling into where to fish what tactics bait etc.

Thirdly if you cant fish the venue go down there have a wander, glean some info from the people fishing not only Pike or Carp anglers but pleasure fisherman too they can often be a brilliant source of info as to where the Pike are.

Finally enjoy it dont treat it as a match but just another venue where there are lots of anglers. Oh and good luck.
silvers
silvers

Back to top Go down