PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNUSUAL BAITS

+9
paul_sheff
mal wynne
symonh2000
noodle
tc
stubbo
plumb68
rozzo
piketastic
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UNUSUAL BAITS - Page 2 Empty Re: UNUSUAL BAITS

Post  matt859 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 am

It might have served a purpose if I was transferring lots of fish between venues and needed a section 30 for permission from the EA. For the purposes of using a single goldfish every once in a while in the Mid 80s then no.

Pike eat fish, they need to in order to survive, most of the fish they eat were alive up to the point of attack. Livebaiting is not an issue with me and if the rules allow and I can get a livebait from the venue then I will use it in preference to a deadbait.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:00 am

matt859 wrote:It might have served a purpose if I was transferring lots of fish between venues and needed a section 30 for permission from the EA.  For the purposes of using a single goldfish every once in a while in the Mid 80s then no.

Pike eat fish, they need to in order to survive, most of the fish they eat were alive up to the point of attack.  Livebaiting is not an issue with me and if the rules allow and I can get a livebait from the venue then I will use it in preference to a deadbait.

preaching to the converted there old bean. pm heading your way
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tc Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:41 pm

there you go ive been put right Very Happy 
noodle wrote:
tc wrote:I was reading as long as you deep freeze a fish for a week or so,( say a gold fish). you can use it as bait.
if im wrong feel free to put me straight.

that is wrong. Freezing wont kill a virus and wont kill all the bacteria
tc
tc

Back to top Go down

UNUSUAL BAITS - Page 2 Empty Whiting as a deadbait.

Post  S Pike Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm

tc wrote:has anyone used whiting as a bait, and how did you do????????????

Bit late to be posting this, but was browsing and thought it may be interesting.

As a sea angler I catch most of my sea deads myself, Whiting being one of my favourites, even ahead of Mackerel, its tougher imo, and easier to source baitsized whole fish, as opposed to sections.

This one came to a Float ledgered Whiting, I had 3 to Whiting the same day, this being the biggest.

UNUSUAL BAITS - Page 2 Th_5383d54bc4a0f9490485f9d0ae1cf752_zpsb77b9e5d

She was about 17 or 18lb if my memory serves... sorry about the picture quality, at that time it was a new camera , and I had no clue as to how to use it.

Dave.
S Pike
S Pike

Back to top Go down

Post  tc Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:09 pm

thanks for the reply, ive got some frozen and ill give them a go.
tc
tc

Back to top Go down

Post  memacca Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:18 pm

All in all there's not much escapes old esox with that neuromast system.

One of my golden orfe died and the wife put it in the bin, I was quick to get it back out, wrapped in cling film and took it on my next pike session. Put it just off an overhang on the river and within minutes had a 14lber on the bank. Never tried whiting but had pike on small coalfish.....
memacca
memacca

Back to top Go down

Post  tc Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

memacca wrote:All in all there's not much escapes old esox with that neuromast system.

One of my golden orfe died and the wife put it in the bin, I was quick to get it back out, wrapped in cling film and took it on my next pike session. Put it just off an overhang on the river and within minutes had a 14lber on the bank. Never tried whiting but had pike on small coalfish.....
a mates daughters goldfish died, he did the same thing out the bin in bait freezer. Very Happy 
tc
tc

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:37 pm

I went to check out a new swim the other day with mba and on the floor was a smelt, no word of a lie it was 4 or 5 ounce, it's belly was fat and was perfect for a bait. I have used the Turbo range of smelt but this was twice as big as these, anyone seen them and if so , where can you get them from?

Thanks Craig.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2