PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pike season is drawing closer

4 posters

Go down

pike season is drawing closer  Empty pike season is drawing closer

Post  stubbo Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:06 am

Are we all getting excited yet ,
I will probably wet a line back end of this month but this depends on the temps , probably start off on the lures till it gets colder then on the deads
looking forward to my boat fishing this year on my new water , had a fair few pike last winter on there.... but lost a lunker on the replicant in deep water
so yes I will be messing about with the boat getting it all sorted and ready for the off.
on my local venues the pike are really switched on... fry feeding in the margins but its still to warm really to target them .
hope you are all well and tight lines to you all...... boat
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

pike season is drawing closer  Empty Re: pike season is drawing closer

Post  psion Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:27 pm

I am off to Canada in the morning for three weeks not fishing unfortunately. So it will be the end of the month before I start thinking of wetting a line.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:59 pm

psion wrote:I am off to Canada in the morning for three weeks not fishing unfortunately. So it will be the end of the month before I start thinking of wetting a line.
shame as there are some good pike to be had there , surely you could sneak a rod and some deads into your suitcase Laughing Laughing Laughing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:21 pm

I've got my first match on the 29th of this month. Was thinking of popping over for a few hours this weekend as It's a very big venue and I prefer to fish smaller intimate waters.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish-N-Fool Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 am

I dont understand why you would wait so late to start pike Fishing?  Is the fishing season closed till now where your at?  I fish for pike here in N. Idaho all year long with great success, but it is best from April to late June.
Fish-N-Fool
Fish-N-Fool

http://www.fnflures.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Fish-N-Fool wrote:I dont understand why you would wait so late to start pike Fishing?  Is the fishing season closed till now where your at?  I fish for pike here in N. Idaho all year long with great success, but it is best from April to late June.
its all down to the temps over here most of are venues are shallow and warm up very quickly , so there is less oxygen in the layers , if you play a pike in really warm conditions they can go belly up and die, I have seen guys fishing for pike here in heat wave conditions with dire consequence's , but if your fishing deep glacier lake types there would be less risk to the fish, that's my theory for what its worth ..... I started my season off today on a nice deep venue , cold today with lots of rain all day and very windy too......this is due to the low pressure at the moment...

regards
steve
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down