PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part one

+19
matt859
MAD BAD ANGLER
admandino
HDangler
the bat
mal wynne
lorano
Tigi113
rozzo
piketastic
Pikeypete
psion
Pikeyjoe
nopikehere
silkmen
J Robinson
stubbo
lowdouble
adie1200
23 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part one

Post  adie1200 Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Well done Andy it was bitter cold here today as well I would say fishing in the snow but fishing usually means catching fish lol! lol! lol!
So we have been thrashing the water today with some crazy notion of bagging a pike or two fishing 
Nice in the snow though I may add lol!  can't say I'm not trying lol I think this cold snap as put then off a little either that or there's none left to catch where I'm trying affraid affraid  oh well I'll keep trying Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Well done Andy.

Quite literally everything is frozen here. Well it is if you head north of the central belt anyway! It's been a cold November. Average for our neck of the woods is 6 frosts for the month and we've had at least 16.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm

I forgot to say I didn't completely blank lol I did have a very small stickleback foul hooked on a deadbait that I was wobbling lol! lol! lol!  would have got a photo but I don't think it would have shown up In the pic lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:46 pm

They all count Adie lol, size isnt that important☺ My lough was frozen in the margins too J, struggled very badly with 8 dropped takes and managed a very bad 2 and 3 lb jack. Roll on Feb where they feed hard☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 pm

lowdouble wrote:They all count Adie lol,     size isnt that important☺     My lough was frozen in the margins too J,    struggled very badly with 8 dropped takes and managed a very bad 2 and 3 lb    jack.    Roll on Feb where they feed hard☺

This is really my first winter targeting pike and it's not been especially good. The ice is a challenge and the delicacy of the takes irritating. Over the 3.5 days on four deadbait rods, I found that I had a better hook up rate on a large single hook than on trebles. Just one size 2/0 with a smallish bait (rainbow trout fillet seemed most effective). With the hook almost completely debarbed, unhooking is a doddle. Very Happy
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi all,i had put all my fishing away in the shed as i was getting really down about it all not catching anything,hope you are all having better luck.Sad
Tomorrow (sunday) i am going to a quarry i have found,no permits required,it is reported that there are some decent pike in there as well as other fish.Smile
So they are saying it is under fished,so i will take my light rod as well to mess about with,i need some luck on my side. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  -CrAiG- Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Screen23

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Screen24

Saved us the blank
-CrAiG-
-CrAiG-

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Guest wrote:Hi all,i had put all my fishing away in the shed as i was getting really down about it all not catching anything,hope you are all having better luck.Sad
Tomorrow (sunday) i am going to a quarry i have found,no permits required,it is reported that there are some decent pike in there as well as other fish.Smile
So they are saying it is under fished,so i will take my light rod as well to mess about with,i need some luck on my side. Very Happy

Jockwav seems to have deleted his account for some reason Shocked
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 pm

-CrAiG- wrote:Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Screen23

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Screen24

Saved us the blank
was hard going today nothing all day just rain we never took a brolly so both got wet through and cold.then just as the light was fading we had a double hook up to save a blank.
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Well done both of you Very Happy  two well earned pike that makes the day worthwhile Wink Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 20171127

It is hard going at the moment you are doing well catching anything. I have just got back from 3 days in Scotland I had 8 runs caught 4 fish
3 jack and this one at 13.8.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:18 pm

psion wrote:Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 20171127

It is hard going at the moment you are doing well catching anything. I have just got back from 3 days in Scotland I had 8 runs caught 4 fish
3 jack and this one at 13.8.

Well in psion
It's slow this end but we are still getting the odd run or 2
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Well lads the waters freezing and the fish seem lethargic. I am struggling on deads both static and drifter fished. Well my mate had a day trolling large lures and i laughed a little to myself lol. 18 pike and 14 doubles to 21lb 4oz. What the hell do I know about Pike Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:46 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well lads the waters freezing and the fish seem lethargic.   I am struggling on deads both static and drifter fished.   Well my mate had a day trolling large lures and i laughed a little to myself lol.   18 pike and 14 doubles to 21lb 4oz.    What the hell do I know about Pike Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
there still taking lures even when you think its too cold
my last trip out produced 3 to deadbaits and 3 to lures .....near the surface too so still active , the temps are set to rise by wednesday and then drop by the end of the week......so this might bring them on breifly Very Happy What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Back on a club water today for a short session, same peg as I fished a few weeks previously when I had 10 fish with the same tactics as previously. It turned out to be not as prolific this time with only 3 runs, resulting in 3 Jacks, the best going just short of 8Lbs, the others around 5Lbs. All 3 fish were heavily covered in Leeches as if they are laying up at the moment.

I packed up at 13:00hrs as I had things to do at home but the weather was already on the turn, with the wind increasing to a point where I couldn't get the required distance to the drop off in the swim. Sounds like the weather this weekend will be challenging to say the least.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Img_0312

David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:28 pm

David Wynne wrote:Back on a club water today for a short session, same peg as I fished a few weeks previously when I had 10 fish with the same tactics as previously. It turned out to be not as prolific this time with only 3 runs, resulting in 3 Jacks, the best going just short of 8Lbs, the others around 5Lbs. All 3 fish were heavily covered in Leeches as if they are laying up at the moment.

I packed up at 13:00hrs as I had things to do at home but the weather was already on the turn, with the wind increasing to a point where I couldn't get the required distance to the drop off in the swim. Sounds like the weather this weekend will be challenging to say the least.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 30 Img_0312

hi dave
the weather here in cheshire looks good for weekend maybe a cold front and very light winds minus 1 or 2.....just right ..bad at the moment though.. What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Well I had one today and lost one that was a double but the one I did get was only a baby of about 3-4lb lol but its broke my run of blanks was  my mate had one at 8.5lb as well but this one had teeth marks across it flank on both side and by the width of them it was a big old pike that did it Shocked Shocked Shocked  it was ok thought and swan away strongly I think I will be back here again soon
                                                                        smile
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 am

well in Adie, always nice to break a bad spell Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 am

No idea when I'll next get out. I can't imagine that the loch I fish is anything other than frozen as they've had a minus 3 frost overnight and it freezes at the drop of a hat. And we've now got sub zero temperatures forecast ad infinitum, so I think I'll need to take up ice fishing! Laughing

In order to fill the (caused by winter) fishing shaped hole in my life, I've been buying kit that I won't need until next year. I've got a set of rods and reels for a German catfish and sturgeon fishing trip next year that I want to test out with the pike. Penn Squadron Braid 20-30lb boat rods, which I actually think would be marvelous for better sized pike. 8ft 4", soft enough in the top third but obviously heavier than most pike rods in the butt. Half price at £30 too Cool
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:41 am

adie1200 wrote:Well I had one today and lost one that was a double but the one I did get was only a baby of about 3-4lb lol but its broke my run of blanks was  my mate had one at 8.5lb as well but this one had teeth marks across it flank on both side and by the width of them it was a big old pike that did it Shocked Shocked Shocked  it was ok thought and swan away strongly I think I will be back here again soon
                                                                        smile
well in pal your up and running Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 am

Well done Adie, your on a roll Very Happy Everything stopped over here, snow and ice everywhere. Its the least i have fished in years and am slowly going mental affraid affraid affraid
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well done Adie,  your on a roll Very Happy       Everything stopped over here,  snow and ice everywhere.  Its the least i have fished in years and am slowly going mental affraid affraid affraid
temp are dropping here now pal and hail blasting down as i type this message , time to put another log on the woodburner me thinks..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:44 am

We were out braving the weather yesterday. Once again a Jack saved me from a blank. My mate Jeff did better with a 15.8 and a Jack.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 pm

well done to anybody getting out and doing a bit , no chance for me this weekend too busy trying to deliver kerosene and diesel around the snowy mountains of North Wales , Smile

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:52 pm

mal wynne wrote:well done to anybody getting out and doing a bit , no chance for me this weekend too busy trying to deliver kerosene and diesel around the snowy mountains of North Wales , Smile
heard wales has had really heavy snow , the a55 was closed for a wile according to reports Cool
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next