PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New season

+4
adie1200
lowdouble
David Wynne
psion
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New season  Empty New season

Post  psion Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 am

When are you going to start your Pike season? I am thinking some time next week.

psion

Back to top Go down

New season  Empty Re: New season

Post  David Wynne Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:03 am

1st October for me on my club waters, as that's the ruling. If the weather does go a lot cooler before the official start, I have a couple of day ticket options in my sights Wink
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 pm

I am can't make my mind up I don't know if to go on one last Barbel trip or to start pike fishing.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 am

I had my first Pike fishing trip yesterday. I caught one pike a Jack 7lb my had three biggest 9lb so not a bad day.
Thinking of having a run up to Scotland next week.

psion

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:31 pm

I went on Thursday, water temps down to 13c so safe enough really. Deads on 2 rods and throwing the odd lure about too, 4 jacks on lures and a nice fat 14lb on Pollan. i thought it was deep deep hooked when chinning her and scared at the thoughts of hurting her, only to find she was hooked in the scissors and had an estimated 2lb jack protruding from her throat. Greedy feckers arent they lol.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:44 am

It is hard this time of year finding suitable venues to fish. The deep glacier lakes of Scotland and the Lake District I think are ok as I don't think the temperature changes much over the year. I know pike can be very greedy at times - I caught a pike with another pike in its mouth which I put on as bait and caught another pike!!
I had a great few days fishing recently, I caught fifteen pike , eight Jack's - four low doubles, a fifteen, a seventeen and a twenty.
I may put some pictures on later.

psion

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:42 pm

so, day 3 of the season. 5 trout over 3lb 8oz, best going 8lb 4oz, a load of jacks and a few lower doubles, 50 plus Perch to 1lb 6oz all topped of with a venue PB of 26lb 10oz . not too bad a season so far lol. water temps falling fast and a real Autumn feel to the air. Bring on those first frosty calm mornings☺

New season  20200911

New season  20200910
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 pm

Psion your on fire, well done on your season so far. Photos please Laughing Laughing Laughing
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Well done both of you Psion and Andy Very Happy a good start to your season lads Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've not even cast a line since the end of last season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  Too many other things getting in the way plus the lock down with this bloody virus Shocked Shocked
I just can't seem to get in the mood I didn't even take any tackle with me for the first time on our holiday in Cornwall earlier this month Shocked Shocked I haven't even thought about piking yet ! I think I've lost my mojo affraid affraid affraid
Too be honest though I never start until after the first frosts so there's time yet pirat

Tight lines everyone for your new season and lets hope we see some new PBs from you all cheers cheers cheers

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Theres lots and lots of time Adie, enjoy what your doing and make the frosty mornings count, its meant to be fun and relaxing!!!! no pressure on you just send us a picture of a 30+ ☺☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Is that oz or lb Andy lol! lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:12 pm

They all count mate☺ but lbs would get far more likes lol lol lol.
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Its not the LBs for me its the thrill of catching them of any size Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy But it would be nice to see a 30 Andy Wink was
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

lowdouble likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 pm

Ive seen 2, and caught 0, one day hopefully lol, in it to win it mate☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Well done lads,a great start to the season for you.Mine will hopefully start this Sunday.
The summer was mostly taken up with a bit of tench and crucian fishing with cane and pin and I also did a fair few nights for big eels resulting in a PB of 4.12 which was great,but a lot of blanks!
When it comes to pike I tend not to have big targets for a season,usually hope for a 20 or 2,enjoy being out there either alone or with a mate,and hopefully catch a few.Beating a PB is something I don't have to think about thanks to spending a lot of time and money on a certain trout water but a local river 20 would really be a huge highlight for me as it's the river I started piking on aged 12 and I've not had one yet.
Got a nice away trip to look forward to in November as well if that doesn't get scuppered by covid which looks likely!
Good luck to everyone for the season

mattjb

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:06 pm

That trout is a stunner by the way lowdouble.cracker.

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:25 pm

New season  20200910
Well done Lowdouble  I love the trout stunning fish. This is a picture of my twenty I hope we haven't peaked to early.
I was out again the other day and blanked it was a new river venue, I think the conditions were against us very bright and the river was low will
give it another go later in the season.
I am going again Thursday reservoir this time. I hope you get out soon Adia its good just to get out on the bank.

psion

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Matt,  i have an irrational fear of all things eely lol,  but I would love to see a near 5lb fish,   from a distance lol   well done.

Psion we are glass half full men as all fishermen are,  weve just started what could be a really good season i am sure,  nice fish mate.

I returned to the scene of the crime today but sadly no other 20s were playing ball.   4 jacks,  3 perch and another PB day of trout in average size,   4lb,  4lb 8oz,   5lb 2oz  6lb12oz and another 8 at 8lb 2oz.   all from a 4500 acre lough, so its no mean feat as catching one can be impossible,  you need days like this to get you through all the blanks that December can bring Evil or Very Mad

New season  20200913
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Some stunners already coming out, I especially like those big Trout, proper wild fish. Well done to those catching.

My summer has like most others been disrupted by Covid and ridiculously busy waters. My highlights have been a 10Lbs 10oz Bream to myself and my sons first ever Catfish at 45Lbs 4oz from a water where we think this could well be the only Catfish in there. I tested positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago, along with my Wife and Son, but luckily our symptoms weren't to bad and were all 100% over it now.
David Wynne
David Wynne

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:21 pm

David Wynne wrote:Some stunners already coming out, I especially like those big Trout, proper wild fish. Well done to those catching.

My summer has like most others been disrupted by Covid and ridiculously busy waters. My highlights have been a 10Lbs 10oz Bream to myself and my sons first ever Catfish at 45Lbs 4oz from a water where we think this could well be the only Catfish in there. I tested positive for Covid a couple of weeks ago, along with my Wife and Son, but luckily our symptoms weren't to bad and were all 100% over it now.

Well done on the big Bream David I like them when they are over 5lb Very Happy
Really pleased that you all only had a mild case of Covid mate It could have been much worse Shocked
Not much of it about around Doncaster touch wood Laughing Laughing

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your new season smile Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:02 am

Well done on the Bream and catfish David, real specimens Very Happy

I too had covid in early March along with my wife, daughter and son in law. we had varying degrees of symptoms but i got away the lightest with just aches and pains. My daughter is a nurse so we know where it came from Wink Its great to be alive and fishing bounce bounce bounce bounce
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 and David Wynne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:53 am

That's a nice Bream, I had some nice Bream when I was Barbel fishing but nothing near that size. I also missed out on the Catfish hoping
for better luck next year.
Glad you all got away with only mild symptoms my daughter lost a friend to it. We will all be happy when it's gone but that not going to be
any time soon.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:20 pm

New season  20200914

hows that for an autumn morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy     4 hrs fishing and nearly 4 hrs catching.   i probably had 60 Perch and could definitely have had 200 if I wanted to,  you will see the size of the shoal in a minute☺
8 Pike to 7lb and two Trout 3.5lb and 4lb.

Well over 100ft wide and 20ft thick,  and there were many of these shoals too,  certainly the cooler water temps are making the fish pack together nicely Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink  Wink

New season  Screen14

New season  Screen15
lowdouble
lowdouble

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Isn't technology wonderful.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:51 pm

We were out the other day I had a small Jack that saved me from a blank my mate on the other hand had a 21 pounder.
We did have a visit from the police who came to check our licences it is a syndicate water and they have had problems with illegal fishing
in the summer. They were also not happy with were we parked even tho we have parked there for years we will have a longer walk next time we go.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next