PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Helens new member

5 posters

Go down

St Helens new member  Empty St Helens new member

Post  Danny24 Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:56 am

Hi everybody, firstly thanks for adding me to your group.

I’m Danny from St. Helens, I’m usually a carp and course angler but have also tried spinning for pike a few times each year on the canal, usually around haskayne/burscough area to no avail (only ever had the one little jack).

I’m now determined to catch a couple this year and was looking for some advice. I am confident with regards to unhooking them as Iv done a couple already when fishing with a friend, my trouble is locating them.

Iv read some great advice on here so far in regards to times of day and conditions etc, I’m just hoping somebody can point me in the right direction in regards to location. I am more interested in quantity rather than size at the moment, so a load of Jack’s and I would be more than happy. I do understand there is a venue mention ban (which is great I must add 👍), so if anybody is from near this area and would be able to advise on a venue within an hour of St. Helens with plenty of Jack’s in, I would be much appreciated.

Thanks again
Danny

Danny24

Back to top Go down

St Helens new member  Empty Re: St Helens new member

Post  adie1200 Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Danny and welcome to our forum Very Happy
As for location I don't know your area at all so can't advise on any waters for you But one way to find out is ask local matchmen they may tell you where the pike are bothering them ! Then there's walking the bank looking for spots that might hold pike like overhanging bushes or trees for places where a lot of rubbish collects on the surface   ! Eddie's in the river where there's still or slower moving water or look for signs of silver fish feeding ! The list could go on but walking the waters and learning how the water runs where its has deep spots Anywhere that differs is worth a try Very Happy  but most of all go out and enjoy yourself Very Happy

Last edited by adie1200 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Danny24 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Danny24 Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi adie, thanks for the reply.
I managed to get out for a few hours yesterday and targeted a deep lake which I have been targeting carp recently and managed to get 3 on the bank, great start!
Biggest approx 7lb which took the lure on the surface which was great to see.

Hopefully will have more to tell when I get back on their.

Thanks again

Danny24

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi welcome to the forum.

psion

Danny24 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Welcome☺ As for location it is simple, everywhere, shallows when they are chasing mouth fulls of Fry and deep and dark when they arent hunting. The best swim of all is where both things come together. Find a marginal shallow bay that drops quickly into deeper water, preferably with a weed line and its game on☺☺ Good luck and hopefully your first specimen, then the carp will take second place☺
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:20 pm

Danny24 wrote:Hi adie, thanks for the reply.
I managed to get out for a few hours yesterday and targeted a deep lake which I have been targeting carp recently and managed to get 3 on the bank, great start!
Biggest approx 7lb which took the lure on the surface which was great to see.

Hopefully will have more to tell when I get back on their.

Thanks again
hi Danny.... I just live up the road from you , providing you have the appropriate tickets for the waters you are in a good area as regarding pike fishing there are a fair few day ticket waters too , its been a good season for me on the pike... over 70 fish up to know since October.... but no monsters yet ....but fish to 17lb
I have done a lot of leg work to locate the best spots ...but I am reluctant to pass on info as we don't really know you yet
keep posting and put a few photos on of yourself and a few fish ......all the best stubbo
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down