PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Pike at Gailey Trout Fishery.

+3
Alex Makk
Lefty
Bazz
7 posters

Go down

Big Pike at Gailey Trout Fishery. Empty Big Pike at Gailey Trout Fishery.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:31 pm

First A 17lb, Then 18lb, Then another 18lb....Then a fantastic 28lb Pike on two visits to Gailey Trout Fishery this month.

Mr Arnold from Edgbaston Birmingham has certainly hit the jackpot with his Pike fishing at Gailey Trout Fishery, on two visits he landed and returned no less than 6 superb condition Pike all caught on live trout, the best being the impressive Pike 28lb (See picture on the website) So impressed with the fishing he immediately purchased a full season ticket .

For details visit www.gaileytrout.co.uk
Gailey trout fishery.
Gailey Lea, (off Main A5, 800 yards Jct 12 M6) near Cannock,Staffordshire. 01785 715848

Back to top Go down

Big Pike at Gailey Trout Fishery. Empty Re: Big Pike at Gailey Trout Fishery.

Post  Bazz Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Had this e-mailed to me yesterday, seems to be 'doing the rounds'.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Looks like a blatant advert to me Suspect
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 pm

I thought most pike fishermen would be interested, when a 30 plus comes out I'll keep it quite.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 pm

gaileytrout wrote:I thought most pike fishermen would be interested, when a 30 plus comes out I'll keep it quite.

well there is a 'NO VENUE NAMING policy'.. and something like youre first post would seem a bit odd especialy with the odd rouge popping on and attemptng to find venues of other members.............
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Only the second time on the site, thought you might be interested. And didn't know the forum rules. The post was a copy of something I sent to the local papers.
I'll keep quite in futue... Sorry about that.

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Some very nice pike there mate Wink

And not a million miles away Very Happy
Worth thinking about a day or twos piking Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 pm

gaileytrout wrote:Only the second time on the site, thought you might be interested. And didn't know the forum rules. The post was a copy of something I sent to the local papers.
I'll keep quite in futue... Sorry about that.

no worrys just be careful you dont want the place being overfished
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:56 pm

I think he is offering us the chance to buy a day or season ticket to fish the water, to be honest, Alex..

Also, it is likely to be the Owner of the water.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 pm

Ahh well then my apolgise are in order..................
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:05 am

Off the website:

From October 1st to the end of February 2010 Gailey opens the gates to our Pike fishing friends. All the money generated from Pike fishing tickets helps us to replace stocks lost to the predators.
Not a bad idea. However, nature finds it's own balance.

Day Tickets £10.00.
Bit pricey for me, I don't work. However, If you're gonna catch a biggy..............

Boats available from £5.00 (Pre booking advised)
Good price.

Live Trout Bait 60p Each.
Ditto

Only live bait purchased from Gailey may be used (No live bait to be brought on to the water).
Totally agree.

Only large barb-less lures may be used (8 inches)
I won't be lure fishing then.

No Sail floats may be used,
Why?

All trout, and any pike over 12lb must be returned to the water alive.
So does that mean you have to despatch of pike under 12lbs? Definitely DON'T like the sound of that one Evil or Very Mad

Trout caught must be returned with care, damaged Trout to be purchased at £2.50 each
So you have to buy EVERY trout you catch then? Technically they will all be damaged cos they've had a hook lodged in their gob!

Pike Anglers are required to fish alternate platforms
What's the logic behind that one then?
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:32 am

Guys

The policy on naming venues is to protect the fishing of all pike anglers who do not want their fishing ruined by a loose tongue and a hoard of bounty hunters.

Gailey are clearly advertising their water to the pike fraternity, which they are welcome to do on here.

I have added a page to the website on Gailey Trout Fishery www.pikeangler.co.uk/waters/gailey

And Webster

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Lefty wrote: and any pike over 12lb must be returned to the water alive.[/color]
So does that mean you have to despatch of pike under 12lbs? Definitely DON'T like the sound of that one Evil or Very Mad

Neither do I, mate.. Evil or Very Mad affraid

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:11 pm

Bazz wrote:
Lefty wrote: and any pike over 12lb must be returned to the water alive.[/color]

Neither do I, mate.. Evil or Very Mad affraid

It doesn't mean you have to kill any pike under 12lb lads or any pike come to that Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 am

Cheap "trout water" Pike fishing there.

It also seems that the rules are not too restrictive and supplying live-baits as well. Only time will tell if its managed properly. Lets hope so because there are people and organisations trying to attack piker's and Pike angling and impose silly rules just for the sake of it.

Adam
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 pm

From October 1st to the end of February 2010 Gailey opens the gates to our Pike fishing friends. All the money generated from Pike fishing tickets helps us to replace stocks lost to the predators.
Gailey is a Trout Fishery first and foremost, that happens to have a good head of large pike resident, pike fishing is only available to generate money to replace trout stocks lost to the pike (Better than a pike cull, to limit pike numbers)

Day Tickets £10.00.
Compared to Blithfield,Grafham, Chew etc a fare price....all money generated from both pike and trout fishing goes back to the fishery.

£10.00 with a motor, 2 sharing not bad value

Good VALUE....you can always take home the left overs and have a trout supper (Cheaper than Tescos)

Only live bait purchased from Gailey may be used (No live bait to be brought on to the water).
To stop any disease from other waters

Hopefully big enough to stop the trout being hooked.

Why? We have boats fishing the water, If you're trout or pike fishing you don't want floats drifting past you.

So does that mean you have to despatch of pike under 12lbs? Definitely DON'T like the sound of that one
Not one Pike has been killed, We have had pike days when smaller Jacks have been moved to the sister pool.

Trout caught must be returned with care, damaged Trout to be purchased at £2.50 each
So you have to buy EVERY trout you catch then? Technically they will all be damaged cos they've had a hook lodged in their gob!
It costs a small fortune to stock Gailey with Trout, So barb-less hooks, large lures is part of the answer to protect the trout

The reason for this rule is simple, both pike anglers and trout fishermen get the chance to fish all parts of the water. we had occasions when 4 guys would take up 50 yards of bank with 8 rods. Being fair to both pike & trout fishermen Thats the logic.

Hope that answers a few questions
Tight Lines.
Gaileytrout

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:22 pm

gaileytrout wrote:From October 1st to the end of February 2010 Gailey opens the gates to our Pike fishing friends. All the money generated from Pike fishing tickets helps us to replace stocks lost to the predators.
Gailey is a Trout Fishery first and foremost, that happens to have a good head of large pike resident, pike fishing is only available to generate money to replace trout stocks lost to the pike (Better than a pike cull, to limit pike numbers)

Day Tickets £10.00.
Compared to Blithfield,Grafham, Chew etc a fare price....all money generated from both pike and trout fishing goes back to the fishery.

£10.00 with a motor, 2 sharing not bad value

Good VALUE....you can always take home the left overs and have a trout supper (Cheaper than Tescos)

To stop any disease from other waters

Hopefully big enough to stop the trout being hooked.

Why? We have boats fishing the water, If you're trout or pike fishing you don't want floats drifting past you.

So does that mean you have to despatch of pike under 12lbs? Definitely DON'T like the sound of that one
Not one Pike has been killed, We have had pike days when smaller Jacks have been moved to the sister pool.

It costs a small fortune to stock Gailey with Trout, So barb-less hooks, large lures is part of the answer to protect the trout

The reason for this rule is simple, both pike anglers and trout fishermen get the chance to fish all parts of the water. we had occasions when 4 guys would take up 50 yards of bank with 8 rods. Being fair to both pike & trout fishermen Thats the logic.

Hope that answers a few questions
Tight Lines.
Gaileytrout

ANGLING MASTURBATION...........................next serve............. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks for taking the time to answer the queries gaileytrout. You responses make sense.

The cost one wasn't saying you are overpriced, I unfortunately got made redundant at the end of last year and have very little spare money. Hence I go to inexpensive day ticket or free venues.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:32 pm

are you fishing this weekend Lefty??????

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Wanted to go today as our lass had a day off work so she therefore could look after the young un.

She told me I wasn't allowed Embarassed

Last edited by Lefty on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 pm

oh dear.............................. the government hath spoken???

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 pm

I have asked one of my Notts PAC colleagues about Gailey & he confirms that several very good Pike have been caught from the water, it has also been a good Trout Fishery.

May well be worth an outing.. Very Happy

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:32 am

gailey great prices im more used to 50-100 quid a day on trout waters and in all honesty (ignore the post elsewhere on here of mine ill go into itnow) hats off to you for a lot of those rules especially the bait rules.

1st off are the trout ones which would be relesed or 'seconds' i like the thought of using the fish that wouldnt be released i think they make better baits

now the lures, i know you have no idea who i am, i am not a 'named, big name' whatever angler just an average run of the mill. However i do love my lures and i get a little sensitive bout them at times when i see 'bad science' around them.

how many lures are over 8 inches and in all honesty that size wont put trout off but what it will do is (with trout) lead to lots of mssed takes and bad hook ups potentially causing the damage you (quite rightly yes i am a pike angler but realise that with waters f your type they are a way to make money and that money comes from trout anglers and hence the trout stocks, pike anglers may though be getting the idea that paying for the right to fish these places is worth the money) wish to avoid. yes i am basing this on catching trout on pike lures on a few trout waters i have fished. another point to consider, very large lures like this usually need bigger hooks as opposed to say 5 inch lures i think the lures i have around 8-10 inches have hooks around 4/0 to 5/0 hanging off them smallerfour five and six inch lures even deep bodied profiles generally are no larger than 3/0, and more usually 1/0 if they are slimmer or shallower in profile

if you want im quite willing to post some pics showing the difference in sizes it is more subtle on the lure side than you may imagine and the hooks are more startling than a lot realise

now one of my real gripes over lures big barbless trebles. they have the potential and do ina lot of cases in my experience cause damage that is avoidable. the problem is the hook on a ridgid lure can move a lot leading to the hook twisting and rehooking and if there is a flying hook this can penetrate the flank head etc several times as it can go in come out go in......

with barbed hooks they go in one place and stay there.

lets face it anyone using these sort of lures,or any pike angler for that matter should have suitable unhooking gear inclusive of cutters appropriate to what they are using hook wise.

so allow me to put it to you that perhaps a little change in the rules, (or at least how the barbless rule is applied which happens on one or two places i know of where a blind eye is turned to barbed hooks provided theangler is sensible (the barbless rule gives the authority a chance to get rid of any anglers they wish to should the need arise Twisted Evil ) and has the required tools to deal with fish hooked on lures

oh i have had trout take 5/0's on kussamo 00 professors go back with nothing but a hook hole the guage of the wire its simple really dont try and unhook them just cut the hooks
saying that i did have a rainbow that was a mess on a bait fishing session on one (my fault) on two size 4 trebles it jumped as i was geting the net ready and hooked itself under the net meaning i had to either lift about 5lbs of angry trout and sardine by the hooks or rotate the net (which i did)

anywat my tuppence worth

i do actually like the rules overall but eight inches i think i probably have eight to ten hard lures over that size out of a few hundred lures

just out of interest how do you measure them is it to the end of the lure or rear treble

watch this now after typing all that this chap knows very well what he is doing and turns out to be a decent piker in his own right Embarassed
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down