PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Braid or Mono for Baitrunner???

+8
deadbait
Alex Makk
Lefty
greg
nightwatchman
robh107
Bazz
noodle
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Braid or Mono for Baitrunner??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Braid or Mono for Baitrunner???

Post  tootall Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 am

as wierd as it sounds i kinda know what you mean about the sound.... Suspect
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Braid or Mono for Baitrunner??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Braid or Mono for Baitrunner???

Post  BradfordLad Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 am

Mono on my Baitrunners but braid for lures and spinning...Be carefull not to get a birds nest in the braid,what a mare.
BradfordLad
BradfordLad

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 pm

deadbait wrote:braid for everything and learn how to use the drag on your reels Very Happy
very good point Deadbait Braid or Mono for Baitrunner??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:30 pm

esoxjeff wrote:
deadbait wrote:braid for everything and learn how to use the drag on your reels Very Happy

using the drag is good for me if i'm either lure fishing on my multiplier outfit or feeder fishing (only because i have to use the anti backwind to give good indication at the tip, but even in that instance as soon as i hook a good fish it gets disengaged)....... i play all my fish by backwinding on them because i find i have far more control than if i was to solely rely on a carefully set drag Smile
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 pm

robh107 wrote:
esoxjeff wrote:

using the drag is good for me if i'm either lure fishing on my multiplier outfit or feeder fishing (only because i have to use the anti backwind to give good indication at the tip, but even in that instance as soon as i hook a good fish it gets disengaged)....... i play all my fish by backwinding on them because i find i have far more control than if i was to solely rely on a carefully set drag Smile

WELL PUT ROB,
its all down to how confident you feel,
either drag or backwind both methods have and will allways work Braid or Mono for Baitrunner??? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2