PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I present deadbait

5 posters

Go down

Where do I present deadbait Empty Where do I present deadbait

Post  cavemandom Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 am

When I put a dead bait out on a ledger or float rig do I stick to the rule of lure fishing, do I try to get up tight to features or do I just put the bait out anywhere on the water? Do pike patrol the same route when scavenging or are they a purely opportunist hunter??

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Where do I present deadbait Empty dead baits

Post  Rich Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 am

i always try and cast next to features on float or ledger if im drifting a bait i try and cast it so it drifts past feature ie a reed bed Very Happy Very Happy

Rich

Back to top Go down

Where do I present deadbait Empty Re: Where do I present deadbait

Post  cavemandom Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:56 am

Rich wrote:i always try and cast next to features on float or ledger if im drifting a bait i try and cast it so it drifts past feature ie a reed bed Very Happy Very Happy
Can I just present the bait anywhere in the water, i always have this vision of a pike being elusive and lying in wait to ambush it's prey,

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  santahill Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:27 pm

You could, but as you said about the pike lying in ambush, they would be under/in features such as weed, overhanging bushes, lying under drop offs etc so they are always good places to start, drop your bait in near one of these and if a pike is lying ready to ambush then it'll hopefully take your bait :-) if not then try another place :-)
santahill
santahill

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:18 pm

cavemandom wrote:When I put a dead bait out on a ledger or float rig do I stick to the rule of lure fishing, do I try to get up tight to features or do I just put the bait out anywhere on the water? Do pike patrol the same route when scavenging or are they a purely opportunist hunter??

Try all of the features by moving baits every 20-30 mins. Stick to one water and build up your knowledge. Over time you will catch from some of the features and not from others. You can home in on the better spots and try to learn the holding areas, patrol routes etc. We all wish there was an easy answer to this quetion but we know that time on the bank is priceless in providing the answers. Keep working though and you will get the rewards.

Andy king

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:30 am

You have had some top reply's regarding your quetion cavemandom, But is it a still water lake or river, As in some rivers there can be times when you will need to fish for the pike well away from the obviouse stick-ups, As the pike will follow the scent of the bait, Just like when Carp Fishing,
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down