PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

livebait rigs

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  kell on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 am

I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,
I made a rig up for perch in a similar way but crimped the single on the trace first then the treble on the top heat shrinked will try and take a pic after fishing today
kell
kell

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2009-01-03
Age : 57
Location : woodlands,doncaster

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  tootall on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 am

kell wrote:I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,
I made a rig up for perch in a similar way but crimped the single on the trace first then the treble on the top heat shrinked will try and take a pic after fishing today

Nice one Cool
tootall
tootall

Posts : 1339
Join date : 2009-01-29
Age : 44
Location : Beverley, East Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 pm

newie2010 wrote:
AndyOBrien. wrote:Obviously where ever you would normally hook the top treble on the bait, you hook the single.

so depending on the size of the live, you'd just use a longer band so it hooks nicely without too much tension?

No, you would make the space between the trebles suit the bait as normal.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:04 pm

tootall wrote:i thought it was powergum?

It is Power Gum, believe me some of the best Pike Anglers in the country use this rig, I've never had the single come away.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm

kell wrote:I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,
I made a rig up for perch in a similar way but crimped the single on the trace first then the treble on the top heat shrinked will try and take a pic after fishing today

I've never had any problems, like I said if you'd have bothered reading the earlier posts; the rig was developed by ET. Do you think he would use it if it was dangerous?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  adie1200 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:25 pm

kell wrote:I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,

Must admit i have been looking at this rig and thinking the same thing Shocked

I can see why it works but if i was to make one for myself i would replace the powergum with tracewire just to be on the safe side Wink

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3717
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 63
Location : Doncaster

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 pm

adie1200 wrote:
kell wrote:I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,

Must admit i have been looking at this rig and thinking the same thing Shocked

I can see why it works but if i was to make one for myself i would replace the powergum with tracewire just to be on the safe side Wink

Adie

And then one of the main advantadges would be lost. From where you are looking at it I can see how you are having trouble seeing what really happens when the rig is in use. But believe me it works a treat.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  adie1200 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Don't think it would mate !
plus i would be fishing with peace of mind knowing a pike couldn't bite the single hook off Wink

Thats my opinion anyway Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3717
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 63
Location : Doncaster

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:39 pm

just what is the main advantage of using power gum then Question Question Question

_________________
SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW MY NAME.
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Posts : 1589
Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 52
Location : thorne, DONCASTER

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Well you know best...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:42 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:just what is the main advantage of using power gum then Question Question Question
It allows the treble to penatrate. While the LiveBait stays where it is.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  adie1200 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm

So it wouldn't work the same if you used trace wire then Idea
And how do you come to that conclusion Question

Seems you don't like anyone disagreeing with you mate !!
don't forget everyone is entitled to thier opinion !
wether its right or wrong !
Whos to say that the way you have put it is right Even the best pikers get it wrong sometimes And i'm not saying i'm one of the best i'm just a average piker thats like to think about the pikes safety first and formost !!

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3717
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 63
Location : Doncaster

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  patch on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 pm

AndyOBrien. wrote:Well you know best...

you need to chill out mate lol!
patch
patch

Posts : 460
Join date : 2008-11-17
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Everyone = you + kell?

I've used the rig you haven't, I can't believe you cant grasp the so simple concept of the bait being clamped between a Pikes Jaws and the treble being allowed to move more because of the stretch the power gum affords.

Because of the larger treble in front of the single it seems to mask the power gum, but like I said I've not had any problems with it.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  patch on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Andy its not that we dont grasp the idea of the rig witch i think we do

its like Adie says where all entiteld to an opinion on the rig!....are we not Question

patch
patch

Posts : 460
Join date : 2008-11-17
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Adie me old china as much as I love it here, can you delete my account I can't be bothered with it no more.

Andy x x x

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  greg on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

AndyOBrien. wrote:Adie me old china as much as I love it here, can you delete my account I can't be bothered with it no more.

Andy x x x

wish i could do it for you cheers cheers cheers
greg
greg

Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-01-11
Age : 54
Location : SCOTLAND

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:47 pm

kell wrote:I could see a pike with a single in it's gut and a fisherman with an empty treble,
I made a rig up for perch in a similar way but crimped the single on the trace first then the treble on the top heat shrinked will try and take a pic after fishing today
thats what i was thinking kell well spoted if you were using wire instead of power gum it would be a safer rig Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3799
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 pm

guess he has gone then Question

_________________
SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW MY NAME.
MAD BAD ANGLER
MAD BAD ANGLER

Posts : 1589
Join date : 2008-08-27
Age : 52
Location : thorne, DONCASTER

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  stubbo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 pm

MAD BAD ANGLER wrote:guess he has gone then Question
atleast he wont get me name wrong again lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3799
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  kell on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:24 am

Well got up this morning to find that i do not have an opinion ?

If you come here and read this thread Just because a so called top pike angler say's something is right dose not make it SO.
If nobody ever challanged anything our cars would still have wooden wheel,s on so is the wheelwright the expert or the guy who said i Know lets put some rubber round it.
I have not taken the photo of my rig but will make a point of doing so today just so you can see that with a nice loop connecting the single it dose exactly the same if not better, and maybe you could show et gord burton , john wilson. mark barret or who ever my rig and they may not be so bloody minded as you and say what an improvement it was.
Even better get me invited to a fishin with them and i would tell them myself I would not just roll over and take it like you obviously do.
And i have my own opinion on matters and i never try to force it on others and please don't over state my name KELL unless when you make my rig and are showing it to a so called top angler.
They are usually top anglers because they try thing's different,and half the time you only see the rig or ideas which may have caught them some fish in the past but have come up with better ways now.
anyway what make's you so good because it is definitly not your manor or attitude do you ever have a laugh ? or do you just spout other peoples s*$t ? Evil or Very Mad

kell
kell

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2009-01-03
Age : 57
Location : woodlands,doncaster

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  kell on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:58 am

livebait rigs - Page 2 393101369

Here is MY rig WHICH EVERYONE FROM NOW ON TILL THE END OF TIME WILL USE SO SAYATH KELL ?

Is that better andy any comments would be gratefully accepted has i have just seen a way in which it could be improved i think.The single hook is a short shank sea fishing hook for worm that is why so many barbs on it.
the livebait is free to move in all directions BUT the treble never gets caught on the live bait because the crimp stops this happening the treble is never laid on the fish which i suspect the powergum one MIGHT. Causeing the treble to pierce the fish making the single redundant and you might as well use just a treble in the first place.
the heat shrink helps the wire exit the eye correctly.
The single has a bent eye so the bait is positioned directly below the treble.
I have trawled the internet for live bait rigs and never come across anything like it but someone may prove me wrong.
I have had perch and pike on this rig so it is tested and I think that i have never missed any takes with it (and no i was not usineg it at cellars lol )
So there you have it what i consider to be a first class livebait rig WHICH IS SAFE ?
If you do use it be carefull when mounting bait a little difficult at times.

SO SAYTH THE GREAT KELL WHO YOU SHALL ALL OBEY ????????????????????????????????

kell
kell

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2009-01-03
Age : 57
Location : woodlands,doncaster

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  kell on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 am

Guest wrote:Everyone = you + kell?

I've used the rig you haven't, I can't believe you cant grasp the so simple concept of the bait being clamped between a Pikes Jaws and the treble being allowed to move more because of the stretch the power gum affords.

Because of the larger treble in front of the single it seems to mask the power gum, but like I said I've not had any problems with it.


If the bait is clamped in the pikes jaws and the treble is still moving then the treble is out side the pikes jaws and that pike has just swam off with a single in it's guts.

CANNOT SEE WHY YOU CANNOT CRASP THAT VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT (what i am thinking now is not suitable on a public forum you only wanted your account deleteing because you are wrong and i think anybody who uses that rig is wrong even top angler it is frawt with danger for any pike taking the bait ? enough said.
kell
kell

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2009-01-03
Age : 57
Location : woodlands,doncaster

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  adie1200 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 am

Don't think he will be replying Kell hes gone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Posts : 3717
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 63
Location : Doncaster

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  stubbo on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:20 pm

kell wrote:
Guest wrote:Everyone = you + kell?

I've used the rig you haven't, I can't believe you cant grasp the so simple concept of the bait being clamped between a Pikes Jaws and the treble being allowed to move more because of the stretch the power gum affords.

Because of the larger treble in front of the single it seems to mask the power gum, but like I said I've not had any problems with it.


If the bait is clamped in the pikes jaws and the treble is still moving then the treble is out side the pikes jaws and that pike has just swam off with a single in it's guts.

CANNOT SEE WHY YOU CANNOT CRASP THAT VERY SIMPLE CONCEPT (what i am thinking now is not suitable on a public forum you only wanted your account deleteing because you are wrong and i think anybody who uses that rig is wrong even top angler it is frawt with danger for any pike taking the bait ? enough said.
your bang on the money kell well said Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Posts : 3799
Join date : 2010-01-14
Age : 57
Location : Warrington

Back to top Go down

livebait rigs - Page 2 Empty Re: livebait rigs

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum