PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle

+4
wolfie
Andy Macfarlane
newie2010
DAN27
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle Empty weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle

Post  DAN27 Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey Guy's,

Apologies if your already aware of this deal but it's on this weekend only - Link below

http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/store/fishing-christmas-gift-ideas/gift-ideas-under-50/fox-pike-pack

I've already had one of these packs and the stuff amounted to well over £125. Even if you don't need all of the stuff it's worth it for the traces alone!

At £49.99 it was a great deal but at the weekend deal of £34.99 uyou'd be crazy not to purchase one. Just ordered another one!

Hope this helps someone build up the box stock.

Dan
DAN27
DAN27

Back to top Go down

weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle Empty Re: weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle

Post  newie2010 Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

just got some... £41 including pp not a bad deal at all
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle Empty Re: weekend special - urgent! Fox pike pack terminal tackle

Post  newie2010 Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:28 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fox-Predator-NEW-Pike-Accessories-Pack-SAVE-55-/230522063395?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item35ac2f8a23
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm

That seems like a bit of a bargain. I've already got enough pike tackle to keep me going though.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:That seems like a bit of a bargain. I've already got enough pike tackle to keep me going though.

LOL same me to be fair....will keep what i need and sell what i dont
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:22 pm

My pike tackle is probably more basic now than it used to be a few years ago. I've decided all these floats and rigs don't catch me any more pike. I reckon a well placed sliding leger or a float leger rig (to get over shelves) covers 99% of my fishing. Since livebaiting was banned, I rarely set a float up. Very rare for me to use much else. Maybe the odd paternoster for throwing a wee brownie out as far as possible with a 5 oz lead on the spod rod but even then, that's really just one or 2 waters.

Now I have the basic tackle and lots of stuff for making it more effective, like oils, shrink tube, PVA string etc.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:My pike tackle is probably more basic now than it used to be a few years ago. I've decided all these floats and rigs don't catch me any more pike. I reckon a well placed sliding leger or a float leger rig (to get over shelves) covers 99% of my fishing. Since livebaiting was banned, I rarely set a float up. Very rare for me to use much else. Maybe the odd paternoster for throwing a wee brownie out as far as possible with a 5 oz lead on the spod rod but even then, that's really just one or 2 waters.

Now I have the basic tackle and lots of stuff for making it more effective, like oils, shrink tube, PVA string etc.

totally agree... its not like carp fishing lol

but sometimes bargins have to be had, even if you sell them on what you dont need
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Good idea but I don't have 40 quid to spend on end tackle at this moment.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:41 pm

aye up andy how the devil are you long time no see
wolfie
wolfie

http://www.pikeforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:25 pm

I agree with you on all your points Andy.

My pike tackle consists of 3 floats, some weights, traces and bite alarm. Oh and of course the rod, reel and line. There really isn't any benefit in getting boat loads cos you only have to lug it all around with you and you will find that the basic rigs work most of the time.

But, as has been said, if you can spare the dosh and buy it, you can always sell on the bits you don't/won't use and get some money back.

I'm in thesame boat as Andy and don't have a spare £40 to start with. Sad
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 am

just received them in the post..

BLOODY HELL, talk about SHIT loads of stuff, didnt realise how much you actually get..

during the day i will price them up EBAY prices and see what im totalling..

based on ebay, and NOT including the postage....

£106.75 for all 31 items i have received....

and i dont want 17 of those items.... Laughing
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Sounds like a bargain then.

Hopefully, you'll be able to recoup some back by selling the bits you don't want/need.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Lefty wrote:Sounds like a bargain then.

Hopefully, you'll be able to recoup some back by selling the bits you don't want/need.

yeah got £57 worth of stuff (17 items) selling for £35.......
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 pm

lol!
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Lefty wrote: lol!

gotta be done Very Happy
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Of course Very Happy
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:36 pm

newie2010 wrote:
Lefty wrote:Sounds like a bargain then.

yeah got £57 worth of stuff (17 items) selling for £35.......

How much of the stuff you want will need glue to make it useable?....lol

Sorry about that but there isn't much from Fox that doesn't need some sort of attention before you can actually use it. Had to glue swivels into floats, adjust drifter vanes, glue heads onto indicators, swap snaps on jerkie traces, repair buoyant leger stems (which I now make myself anyway) and all manner of gubbins.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  DAN27 Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Glad someone found the deal of benefit!

I used to lose tackle left right and centre but I'm much more careful these days so much box is bursting.

Andy how much gear do you carry?? I just seem to have way too much and end up breaking my back trying to get to a swim.

Anyway I managed to get a pack less 20% so I really really couldn't turn down this deal.

I will post any other wonder deals if they come up.

Happy fishing

Dan

DAN27
DAN27

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Too much mate. I've got one of those huge Daiwa Wet gear bags, which is actually for keepnets etc. but I found one in a random Asian bag shop and the bloke gave me it for 8 quid or something. It's really durable and that takes all my tackle, mats, unhooking gear, a garden chair if need be (yes it's that big), food, cooking gear and anything else. Then I have 6 rod Cypry holdall with 4 made-up rods in it, 6 Dinsmore Powerdrive banksticks, brolly, space shelter etc.

It's all too much but I rarely got piking for just a few hours. I'm a 12 hour - overnight - weekend piker.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

totally dis-agree mate, the fox pred stuff is brilliant, ive never ever had an issue with ANY of there terminal tackle, from snap tackle, hooks, floats, NOTHING. 98% of my piking terminal tackle is the fox pred...
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 am

I've got quite a bit of fox gear and i haven't had any problems with it as yet Very Happy
I know theres better stuff out there but it works ok for me Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  newie2010 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:15 am

adie1200 wrote:I've got quite a bit of fox gear and i haven't had any problems with it as yet Very Happy
I know theres better stuff out there but it works ok for me Very Happy

Adie

couldnt agree more with that..

what not broke, dont fix it
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 pm

so far ive had a fox twiddle stick, buffer beads, carboflex, my micron M2 , my other Micron MX2 and my swingers........ and out of them i was getting fed up of them swingers most, especially with the stupid line gate....... so I attempted to swap the gate with some clips........ nope when i took them out my bag, the clips snapped off, i tried to drill a larger insertion, and the red casing snapped off the arm....... all i have now is the metal weighted arm.......
the other thing that gets me is when i got my carboflex i had to get more crimps seprate and it 20 for around £3 total rip off, i got some spro crimps 1mm wider (i double back with these) and there is 50 for the same price!!!!!! what does that show you?
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm not suggesting all Fox gear is rubbish but much of it is poorly assesmbled. For instance, first cast with a bouyant leger stem and the swivel came out. Wasn't even much of a punt either. Now I make my own because leger stems are fairly essential bits of kit I reckon. Same thing happened with their float/leger float. An easy left me with a swivel on the line and no float. Snap-links on the jerkie traces started to soften after 5-6 lures changes, so changed to Berkleys. Had the head come right off an indicator. Had to epoxy it on.

It's all very useable once it's solid. It just seems their assembly isn't always up to scratch.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I must have been lucky with the things i've got Very Happy Very Happy
Must admit theres some of thier stuff i thought wasn't too good though Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next