PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i've had an idea

3 posters

Go down

i've had an idea Empty i've had an idea

Post  kell Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 am

i have had an idea for a piece of kit but cannot say much or game would be up.

what makes a swimbait swim
dose anyone make jionts for lures

i know it is vague
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

i've had an idea Empty Re: i've had an idea

Post  tootall Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:45 am

A lot of lure makers use 2 long screw eyes inserted horrizontally with a metal bar that slides between them on the vertical (look at a 4-play for example).

Good luck with whatever it is, but i expect 10% as first poster to comment lol
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 am

tootall wrote:A lot of lure makers use 2 long screw eyes inserted horrizontally with a metal bar that slides between them on the vertical (look at a 4-play for example).

Good luck with whatever it is, but i expect 10% as first poster to comment lol
another way is to open up the eye on a screw eye, then use another placed into this then close it up
both methods work if your building it yourself then its probably easier to use screw eyes than the pinned system

or there is always through wiring it with all the sections linked by the wire loops at the end of that section have look at something like a rapala sliver to see that.

oh last one i can think of is a figure of 8 plate like a bike chain as is used by strike pro in their multijointed (flex lure technology) baits
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:53 pm

oh last one i can think of is a figure of 8 plate like a bike chain as is used by strike pro in their multijointed (flex lure technology) baits

now this may be the solution but would need to have a way of attaching hooks to chain and not the body ? if that makes sense

next question what creates the swim action is it the shape or is it mainly water acting on the body of the lure Very Happy

all will come clear as soon as i have worked it out i will try and get some made and sent to a few members for trialing.but will have to remove tounges first lol
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

what creates the action

without knowing what you want achieve then im a bit stuck

it can be an external vane
a integrated one (a flat surface the simplest way to get this idea accros is the flat bit on a rapala rattlin type of lure
with quite a few others its down to the weighting.

the little about this i know is that to get lipless swimbaits to work each section needs to be fairly well balanced and its easy to mess up

as for the plate it would be easy enough to use a long loop of stanless wire and have it through the plate and material of the bait

hope i get to see whatever it is your planning Laughing
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down