PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANOTHER SEASON OVER

+6
cavemandom
adie1200
Steve French
CRIB
jimlad
tackle tart
10 posters

Go down

ANOTHER SEASON OVER  Empty ANOTHER SEASON OVER

Post  tackle tart Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Well for most tommorow will be the last chance to get out before the season ends at midnight, monday and i wish ALL good luck who ventures out tommorow
For me its has all ready finished and looking back over the last few months which is all ways tinged with a bit of sadness when it comes to an end , but i,m still more than happy with the amount of predators i,ve caught and the size i,ve caught too which included a new PB perch cheers , especially when you think we lost a fair chunk of fishing time due to the big freeze this winter which seemed to make the season feel even longer than it was .
Again i got a chance to meet and fish with new anglers from here and all ready looking forward to fishing with them again and re-inforcing the freindship and hopefully get to fish with others too next season too .
So for now the predator gear has been cleaned down and put away until the autunm which i will eagerly await to arrive so i can go on my fenland adventures once again .
But until then i,ll turn my attention to the summer species i target .

Last edited by tackle tart on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER SEASON OVER  Empty Re: ANOTHER SEASON OVER

Post  jimlad Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Here here.

Out of curiosity, what are your summer species?
jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:04 pm

my summer species are carp, tench and bream on lakes ,drains and rivers
although such is my passion for zander i might go against my own decision not to target them and have ago for them during the warmer months but we will wait and see .

that rminds me to change my advatar Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  jimlad Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm

You need to add bass to that list....most incredible fish around.

The plan for me is Tench & Carp until may, then bass until July, then barbel until october when the chub and pike are piling on weight!
jimlad
jimlad

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:28 pm

i,ve caught bass when i used to go sea fishing but i only get so much time to go fishing and sadly don,t do any sea fishing at all now so i can do more coarse fshing

although i,ve caught barbel its probably the only species i don,t bother about trying to target

and i just plain forgot about chubbing so add them to my summer list Embarassed Embarassed
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

ANOTHER SEASON OVER  Empty Re: Another season over

Post  CRIB Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 pm

This summer I will be looking at chasing UK cats once a month so I can keep my predator gear still out and my missus loves to find deadbaits in the freezer!!!!!

For most of the time will be after a PB tench as my "new" pike venue appears to have great potential for a 10lb+ specimen if I can get a big girl in May or early June, after that I can moan about those nuisance carp when tench fishing Evil or Very Mad
CRIB
CRIB

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:40 am

Thats it for me for six months or so, had my last session on Friday, so its time to sort my gear ready for next season Sad

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:14 pm

My last day on a river tomorrow But the seasons not over for me yet Very Happy
Got a new pond to try out so going to have a few days there before i hang up my pike gear although i will have the odd day out with the lures Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  cavemandom Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm really gutted the season as come to an end, I'v learned so much this season and most of it is down to you lads on here, I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your posts, someone made a comment recently saying only the PAC gave a dam about pike in this country, and if you cared about pike and Pike Angling than join the PAC, " it's a no brainer" Being a member of this forum, and this forum being the only forum , group, or organization Iv been involved with as played a massive massive part in my Pike Angling and installing a high level of respect for the pike, for me personally PikeAngler.co.uk is the best informative, confident building, friendly, introduction to any aspiring Pike Angler, and Their is other groups other than the PAC that do a fantastic job promoting Pike Angling with the Pikes well being at the forefront of it's aims, and PikeAngler.co.uk is proof of this.... The Caveman...

cavemandom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:40 pm

I've just cleaned out my rucksack of all things pikey and replaced them with the coarse gear ready for the rest of the year. I will however keep the lures hitting the water all year round.

Pike-wise it has been another disastrous season for me with just the one 2lber to account for but had a brilliant time late Autumn with the perch sessions at the location Gavin and me found. Would love to repeat that again but sadly, every time we've been back since the big freeze, we've blanked on all fish (except the bleak! Shocked )

Going to try and get a few more sea sessions in this year as I really enjoyed that. Even though it was sub zero temperatures and sleet! Very Happy

Reminder to self - buy a beachcaster as carp rods are too soft for reliable bite detection.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:40 pm

After complete disaster at chew i am haveing last day tommorrow on river for pike then a few days with adie to get a feel for the new venue and it's pike potentcal (wish i could spell it lol )
then it's down to lures and the fly rod for summer with some course hear and there.

Hoping you lot have very tight lines over the next 6 months or so Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm

glad that the you site/forum helped you caveman and thanks to everyone who made it happen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy the sites only as good as its members!!welldone lads Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmatz Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 pm

nothing is over.. NOTHING you just dont turn it off

madmatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down