PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tried and tested oils and how to use them.

+5
t7ommy
grahambrooke
JOEL
bigchris
Andy Macfarlane
9 posters

Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty Tried and tested oils and how to use them.

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:58 pm

You should really try Kalium Aniseed oil on freshwater baits. Don't worry that you bait will smell like a sweet shop. The pike absolutely love this stuff. The Winterized salmon oil is very good also for freshwater baits, especially wee brown trout and the smelt oil is very good on any sea baits.
For the Aniseed oil, use about 1-2 mls per bait...that's all. It's very strong.
For the salmon and the smelt oil, use about 5mls per bait.
Just stab the baits in the flank a few times, insert the needle carefully into each cut and just push a little oil into them.

Tip!: Try buying a few large block-end feeders (2-3oz) and stuff them with cotton wool. Stick a syringe/needle full of oil into the feeder and soak the cotton wool. Just use the feeders as you normally would your weights for leger rigs etc. Every time you retrieve your bait, give your bait and the feeder a little top up. You won't need as much to refresh them. Just enough to liven them up is enough. When you're done with the feeder at the end of your day, slip it into a little grip-seal bag for your next session and recharge with oil before use again. After a few sessions, the feeder will become really sticky, jammy looking but most of all....SMELLY!! and believe me when I say, it really helps the pike locate your bait, especially in dirty water or during the night.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty feeders

Post  bigchris Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 pm

ive been using a similar thing to that,a small maggot feeder with a tampon in it(yes thats what i said)i knew my missus would contribute to me fishing somehow lol.use it as ledger weight and soak it in nam pla. Wink

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty Re: Tried and tested oils and how to use them.

Post  JOEL Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:04 pm

don't rate that dynamite bait stuff,Bait box eel oil is good.Don't reckon much to there mackrel though.
JOEL
JOEL

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty Re: Tried and tested oils and how to use them.

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:59 pm

What do you all reckon to Predator Plus? Any good?
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  t7ommy Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:08 pm

The pike absolutely love this stuff. The Winterized salmon oil is very good also for freshwater baits, especially wee brown trout and the smelt oil is very good on any sea baits.

i have heard alot about this im defo going to give it a try ive not botherd with it before

thanx andy
t7ommy
t7ommy

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:12 pm

i do use it quite a bit, just wondered what everyones opinion of it was. I tend to draw all the blood out of the bottom of my dead bait bags at the end of a session, add it to the predator plus and keep it in my fishing fridge until next time. Seems to work ok.
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 pm

i was tryed blood from a mate at abbartor,we froze it in fridge in my mums ice cube tray.she went barmy.fond memorys from yesteryear.caught at time.anybody else with tales from yesteryear that might get a chuckle? Laughing Laughing Laughing
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty oils and addatives

Post  bigchris Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

predator plus fantastic for eels and perch,crap for pike,

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Really, i`ve always seemed to do ok with it, might have done better without. What do you suggest using?
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  bigchris Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

grahambrooke wrote:Really, i`ve always seemed to do ok with it, might have done better without. What do you suggest using?
evrything ive caught has had bait filled with nampla(fish sauce) pirat

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Nampla, i`ve never heard of that, where would i get some? anyone else use this?
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 pm

I been thinking of going to the fish market and buying up any old bits of crap they got left. Take it home and blitz it through the liquidizer. (don't tell our lass though Twisted Evil ) Then pour it into 35mm film canisters or similar and freeze them.

When I go piking, take them with me and use them as 'groundbait' or put them into a large feeder. As they melt they will release the oils and blood into the water and hopefully attract Mr and Mrs Esox.

What's everybody's thoughts on this? Reckon it would work or not?
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty ground bait

Post  bigchris Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:29 pm

did that mate.bag of sprats chinese party squid and pigs liver.blew the bloody blender didnt defrost it properly

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:30 pm

bigchris wrote:blew the bloody blender didnt defrost it properly

OOPS !!

How did you explain that to the missus?
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty nampla

Post  bigchris Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 pm

grahambrooke wrote:Nampla, i`ve never heard of that, where would i get some? anyone else use this?
you get it at morrisons 63p a bottle its a thai fish sauce for cooking Cool

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:32 pm

tried it once myself, got it everywhere, i smelled lovely, NOT. UUUGGHH
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:18 pm

if you try freezing mashed up fish to through in, make sure you put a stone in the middle BEFORE you freeze it. if not when you through it in it will float!!!!. i did it once, spent hours blitzing fish, stuffing film cases, only to have them float away when i through them in. all the best guys THE MAD BAD (SOMETIMES DAFT) ANGLER lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:42 pm

bigchris wrote:predator plus fantastic for eels and perch,crap for pike,

Thank you!!
I thought it was just me. I tried this stuff extensively on several venues for the best part of a year and I swear it's like a pike repellent. I can't actually recall catching any pike (maybe one or two but nothing memorable) with it whatsoever but it's probably the best eel attractor ever made.
It pulls them in from all directions and it it wasn't a one off scenario. It happened everywhere I tried it (that had eels of course) and once they arrived, I couldn't get fishing for the blighters munching at my baits.
In the end, I threw it out in anger because it didn't do what I bought it for and at the time, I didn't really like eels. Now I wish I had kept it because I quite like the idea of catching some big eels now.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  grahambrooke Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:49 pm

Very intersting, might not bother with it any more then in my pike sessions.
grahambrooke
grahambrooke

Back to top Go down

Post  Lefty Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm

mad bad angler wrote:make sure you put a stone in the middle BEFORE you freeze it. if not when you through it in it will float!!!!

Good point madbad, ice actually is less dense than water. That's why icebergs are on the top of the water Rolling Eyes

Now why didn't I think of that before.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Tried and tested oils and how to use them. Empty addatives

Post  bigchris Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:44 am

there is also that stuff called liquid worm which i more or less the same,got more betane in it.thats just as bad for attracting the wrong stuff Cool

bigchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Oddly enough Van Den Eynde's Liquid Pellet is good for Pike because it's basically halibut oil.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I know this is a pretty old but thread but does any1 know where i can get the kalium aniseed oil from i've had a look online but only end up with other forums talking about it with no info on where to get it Mad
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Em...Anglers Rendezvous mate. That's where I always got it.

Surely Country Sports would order it in for you? That's where I go for all my tenchy pellets n stuff, so he's not beyond ordering unusual items.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down