PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Venue.

5 posters

Go down

New Venue. Empty New Venue.

Post  pikey Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:22 am

Hi all,
When you find a new venue to try out what approach do you take?
I have found a new water but am unsure of how to fish it. Usually I just turn up find an over hanging tree and chuck a couple of deads in and hope for the best!
It's a good sized pit and may hold some good sized pike so i'm looking to do things right and hopefully reap the rewards.
Thanks for reading and for any info or advice you may have to offer.
pikey
pikey

Back to top Go down

New Venue. Empty new venue

Post  piketastic Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Prebait a couple of swims pal. Break a few mackeral and sardines up throw em in likely looking spots over a week or so. Then attack it with a couple of rods with different set ups on each, be prepared to blank and keep at it pal. good luck. Cheers Craig
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

New Venue. Empty Re: New Venue.

Post  craigpix2000 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 pm

The first thing i would do if it was a big water is print a copy of the map off and get down there and marker it up learn the depths/features and holes and mark them on your map plus prebaiting on the way wont hurt and ask any local fisherman u see fishing if they get much hassle when fetching course fish in find the bait fish find the preds thats just my opinion tho Very Happy
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerry_Pike Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:23 am

Love the idea of printing off a map and going around the lake recording this info, might start that myself, great idea.

Usually i just go and find a spot that looks "pikey" and lob a few baits in and wait.

Gerry_Pike

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:34 am

have a good walk round with a lure rod or a float set up rod just have tewnty mins in each spot just get the feel of the place it can take a while to get to grips with a new venue......good luck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 pm

piketastic wrote:Prebait a couple of swims pal. Break a few mackeral and sardines up throw em in likely looking spots over a week or so. Then attack it with a couple of rods with different set ups on each, be prepared to blank and keep at it pal. good luck. Cheers Craig

craigpix2000 wrote:The first thing i would do if it was a big water is print a copy of the map off and get down there and marker it up learn the depths/features and holes and mark them on your map plus prebaiting on the way wont hurt and ask any local fisherman u see fishing if they get much hassle when fetching course fish in find the bait fish find the preds thats just my opinion tho

Thanks for the advice lads, i'll get onto it now the weathers starting to change!
pikey
pikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down