PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drop back bite indicators

+3
plumb68
tackle tart
doug6364
7 posters

Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty drop back bite indicators

Post  doug6364 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:03 pm

what make do you prefer to use as drop back indicators / buzzers, or how do you set yours up ?? ive had some home made ones which worked great, but ive just brought the fox pike swingers. the new ones with the 2oz weight and line gate. absolutely superb. £15 each, not cheap, but work well and look great, and you can see them from 6 miles away. ( well, almost ) !!
i use them with fox micron mx's at front Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by doug6364 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty Re: drop back bite indicators

Post  tackle tart Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm

i use bobbins on a 2 to 3ft drop , only use drop off,s if i,m fishing moving water
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:27 pm

I've recently brought some of those, i think there brilliant, a much better method of line release i think (i read somewhere about people converting them to do away with the gate confused confused confused dunno why), up front i've got my micron dxr's that ive had since 1996 Very Happy
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:45 pm

Billy-back-baiters for me. But still use the bail-arm over, even thou i use baitrunner reels.. i prefer a free running line, rather than the baitrunner on, just think it works better for me..
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Dont like optonics for pikeing if your not watching the bobbins constant they sometimes dont give good bite registration. They okay if you carping with thier screeming runs but pike can be so dam fickle... Waiting for my new back biters to come from Les then i can finally hand over these infernal psr's. Optonics would be handy for moving every ten minutes less parts to drop in the grass and lose LOL. And also nothing worse when its blowing a gale with their constant bleeping even worse when they are someone elses on the water bleeping all day long....

Although im quite sure someone will dissagree

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:25 pm

to be honest, i dont have a problem with the buzzers bleeping in the wind. ive have the line dead tight to a 3oz lead then into pike swingers (which you can load up with the weight as well ). just doesnt bleep at all. works for me, but other peoples buzzers drive me mad when you here it all day long !! i also have the buzzers on most sensitive setting as well, baitrunners with open spool. always worked, no probs.

i,m off out piking in the morn (mon ). early start, so hope i get a good un Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by doug6364 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty DROP BACK BITE INDICATORS

Post  Leebob Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 pm

rendeer Ehh up doug how u getting on with those fox swingers Question i've just ordered two for myself. I've always used bobbins until a mate of mine bought sum swingers and they looked quite good santa
Leebob
Leebob

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm

watcha leebob.

i reckon they are one of the best bits of tackle you can get. buy the new ones with the 2oz counter weight on and they have a gate for the line which is for braid and mono. the older ones had a smaller weight and didnt have line gate.

you wont be disapointed m8. superb. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty DROP BACK BITE INDICATOR

Post  Leebob Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Doug are these the micro swingers your on about or the but swingers Question Question santa santa

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/butt-swingers-p-3243.html

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/micro-swingers-p-890.html
Leebob
Leebob

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:50 pm

youve got confused leebob, and i know why. on my initial post about these, i just put "fox swingers". should have been "fox pike swingers". ive edited it now incase anyone else is scratching their head. sorry people.

i checked your link but they arnt the ones m8.

they are actually called "PIKE SWINGERS" and they clip on the butt rest. they are oval shape, orange, with black line gate. made by Fox. £15 approx each.
if you search "fox pike swingers" that should bring them up. as i stated previously, go for the new ones with the 2oz sliding weight and new line gate system. not the ones with a ball line clip. Very Happy Very Happy

ive managed to put up pics of the swingers on the rod pod Leebob. check out my post " bank sticks or rod pod " and you will see them on there.

Last edited by doug6364 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Leebob Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:39 pm

LOL Doug Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sorry m8 now i get you, as i posted earlier i,ve just ordered two and should be here soon but you know what the xmas santa rendeer posts like ehh Sad
Great idea with the rod pods m8 i,ve been using the fox stalker for the last 2 seasons and find that there quite invaluble especialy when your on ruff ground but more often i like to use bank sticks where i can.
Ohh and by the way can you please tell me how to put pics on here as its doing my head in affraid affraid
Leebob
Leebob

Back to top Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty drop back indicators

Post  doug6364 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Leebob, look through the posts for "putting a pic on here". i think it was adie who put a link on it. click on that and someone else has put instructions on how to do it.

the reason why i couldnt put pics up previously was because i took the pics on the ipod. it just wouldnt work so i went back to our digital camera and voila !
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

drop back bite indicators  Empty drop back indicators

Post  Leebob Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Cheers for that dougy m8 Very Happy Very Happy
Leebob
Leebob

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:10 pm

For Leebob Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Putting a picture on here
Click on the host an image box then click on Browse find your pic on your computer
click on the pic you want then click open then click on host !
you then get 3 url links top one is thumbnail middle one is Image bottom one is image url !
Left click on the middle code it will highlight blue right click on the highlighted code right click on the blue code then click on copy then right click on your post where you want the pic and click on paste and you should have the code on your post the click on the send box at the bottom and you should have your pic posted lol Its not easy !
Another way is to sign up to a website like photobuckets and host your pics on there its easier to load pics from there lol!
Hope this helps

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Leebob Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Leebob
Leebob

Back to top Go down

Post  skaman Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 pm

doug6364 wrote:what make do you prefer to use as drop back indicators / buzzers, or how do you set yours up ?? ive had some home made ones which worked great, but ive just brought the fox pike swingers. the new ones with the 2oz weight and line gate. absolutely superb. £15 each, not cheap, but work well and look great, and you can see them from 6 miles away. ( well, almost ) !!
i use them with fox micron mx's at front Very Happy Very Happy

I use the same set up as you Doug, a great set up that's never let me down Cool
skaman
skaman

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 am

And a very nice pike it is mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Well done on your PB Leebob cheers cheers cheers cheers

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

nice pike that Leebob. a twenty,s just around the corner m8 !! keep trying. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down