PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piking tmw :)))))))

+2
doug6364
tomthepiker
6 posters

Go down

piking tmw :))))))) Empty piking tmw :)))))))

Post  tomthepiker Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:03 pm

hi lads and ladies thought id post something rather than just read everyone elses posts Very Happy going to spot tmw on local canal its like a big bowl iv spun there few times got couple of little ones so im going for diffrent approach this time im going to stay there and dead bait good idea or not? i know when on a canal its prob best to move every half hour or so but last time i stayed in one spot for half the day i ended up with my personal best just wondered what your thoughts would be Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

piking tmw :))))))) Empty piking tmw

Post  doug6364 Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Ive never fished a canal m8 as i live down south, but if i was gonna fish one, i think i would leap frog the rods. You cover so much more water that way. Maybe 30- 40 mins each swim. That ought to do the job. Decent fresh deads should do the biz ! good luck. Very Happy
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

piking tmw :))))))) Empty Re: piking tmw :)))))))

Post  craigpix2000 Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:02 pm

If your planning on sitting in 1 spot take some groundbait or liquidized bread keep chucking some in round your dead bait draw the silvers to you and the pike will follow in theory they should but doesnt allways work out like that lol or leap frog 20mins each peg or my fave free roaming livey if your allowed to do so on the water and using bait youve caught from there only Wink
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  paddy pike Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 pm

You have been given good advice, The only thing i would add is dont forget to drop a bait right under your feet as this is as good as the far side of the canal, Good luck i am already looking forward to the report Very Happy Very Happy
paddy pike
paddy pike

http://paddy-swift.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bigt Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm

i fish my local canal regularly and most of the time i sit it out in 1 peg as i know the fish hold up in that area,it took me a while to locate the fish but wen i did find them i have kept free offerings going in on a regular basis and they seem to be holding in the area nicely.i found the fish by moving peg every 20 minutes until i stumbled across the area i now fish.ive found popped up roach to be the best method and also fish ledgered sardine and whole herring,i always have a tub of maggots with me for feeding around my deads sometimes it works other times it dont.while yourfairly new to the canal i'd recommend peg hopping and target any bankside features,basins and bridges and like paddy mentioned dont ignore under your feet.

good luck mate
tony
bigt
bigt

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Dont forget to fish right in close, this is a must when canal fishing. Caught most fish in close.. Smile . good luck fella.
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

thanks for the advice guys really helpfull and iv never thought right under my feet you always assume there be at the far bank the spot where im going is a round basin and i only found out by talking to some one who told me he caught 3 good size pike there so only one thing left to do and thats fish it il let you know how i get on cheers Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:49 pm

well went pretty well started dead baiting no runs so i got restless and packed everything in the van and went spinning ended up getting 2 6/7 pound pike, nice size perch bout 2pound and fail hooked quite big bream but forgot bout my camera that i left in the van so you will just have to take my word haha, going again wednesday some where near the thames so hopefully il remember the camera and get some nice fishie pics Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

piking tmw :))))))) Empty piking tmw

Post  doug6364 Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Well done Tom. Not a bad day really. just good to get out there. I,m out on Monday for a days Piking D
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down