PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.A.C members?

+13
stubbo
Eric Edwards
silvers
barbels1
travman
craigpix2000
tomthepiker
doug6364
hurricane
matt859
noodle
johnnym
plumb68
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

P.A.C  members? Empty P.A.C members?

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Was just wondering how many pac members are here
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

P.A.C  members? Empty Re: P.A.C members?

Post  johnnym Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 pm

i used to be regional organiser for the warminster area before i had a long layoff from fishing,
that was probably 25 odd years ago

johnnym

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:12 pm

i am

region 31 south lancs

oh and the chapter organiser for the north west with the lure anglers society
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:19 pm

im not a PAC member anymore, I was once for a few months and quit after attending a local meeting. The less I say about the PAC the better I think.

You dont have to be a PAC member in order to catch pike.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 pm

matt859 wrote:im not a PAC member anymore, I was once for a few months and quit after attending a local meeting. The less I say about the PAC the better I think.

secret squirrell?

but dont view the pac proper with the regions

for years i wouldnt join after the whole blithfield debacle, a mr fickling and a mr edwards talked me round.
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Yes for many years.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 pm

matt859 wrote:im not a PAC member anymore, I was once for a few months and quit after attending a local meeting. The less I say about the PAC the better I think.

you cant be a member for a few months, its a year or nothing, and the more you say about that the better i think
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

P.A.C  members? Empty PAC MEMBERS

Post  doug6364 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

No, not a member, but was thinking about it recently.

Think Matt will have to fill us all in a little more before i take the plunge, so to speak !
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:54 pm

doug6364 wrote:No, not a member, but was thinking about it recently.

Think Matt will have to fill us all in a little more before i take the plunge, so to speak !

stuff matt,
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 pm

im not a member what is it exactly? Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

P.A.C  members? Empty PAC MEMBERS

Post  doug6364 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Drrrrrrrrrrr, Its a club for pike anglers Tom lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 pm

they fight to protect pike, they have just stopped a company supplying pike gags to the uk, but who cares, let the eastern Europeans eat all the fish, its there human rights
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

lol! lol! not a secret club with secret handshakes and you all wear speacial pike rings? lol! cool plumb sounds good is it all over the country? get any free stuff lol!
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

tomthepiker wrote: lol! lol! not a secret club with secret handshakes and you all wear speacial pike rings? lol! cool plumb sounds good is it all over the country? get any free stuff lol!
all over the country yes, loads of free stuff yes, as much free info as you want
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:09 pm

The free stuff is the info by the way lol
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:13 pm

sweet man im gonna have a butchers at it, shame about the people taking fish out and having them for there lunch i know but it will never stop unless there are serious very serious penaltys for doing it......lol ye i got that cant have enough info! Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Its like almost every thing in fishing,from what branch of the sport you choose,the tackle you prefer,whether you use livies or not its a personal choice,no one should be forced to join or be decryed for not wanting to join for whatever reason.
I"m a member and believe on the whole they do a splendid job in trying to protect and promote pike fishing,they put a great deal of effort into educating youngsters and newcomers about pike handling and welfare.
Each region has a different mix of people and the meetings and get togethers are not everyones cup of tea but attendance is not copulsory.
As far as I"m concerned it"s money well spent but each to thier own.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 pm

its worth joining, the people that run it dont make money out of it, its all about protecting pike, you get a quarterly magazine that's well worth the subscription any way,
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 pm

plumb68 wrote:its worth joining, the people that run it dont make money out of it, its all about protecting pike, you get a quarterly magazine that's well worth the subscription any way,

pike lines Wink

plus there are the special access days on some very nice waters the local scene (my best man at my wedding came through the pac region he wanted a go at piking and got in touch via the blog which i run at the time a few years on and he ended up being my best man)

noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:38 pm

thats quality sounds really good why dont people like it? it dont sound that bad to me.........and no arguing lol!
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  plumb68 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 pm

you dont have to be a terrorist to blow someone up, i dont see your point
plumb68
plumb68

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 pm

tomthepiker wrote:thats quality sounds really good why dont people like it? it dont sound that bad to me.........and no arguing lol!

ah well no arguing thats asking a bit much seeing as pikers are a bigger bunch of bitches than those that feature in a jackie colllins novel
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:07 pm

plumb68 wrote:

you dont have to be a terrorist to blow someone up, i dont see your point

nah anyone with gcse chemistry can do that
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:02 am

plumb68 wrote:

you cant be a member for a few months, its a year or nothing, and the more you say about that the better i think

OK let me quantify my original post. I applied to be a member, joined and after a few months attended a local meeting. A meeting it most certainly wasnt, the chair could hardly keep control and the committee and members were at each others throats for most of the meeting. There was hardly anything discussed about the good and benefit of the pike and the only helpfull advice I got was from an old chap who said that I shouldnt fish for pike unless I know how to handle one and for that I would need to go along to one of the teach in sessions. I didnt have the heart to tell him id been fishing since I was 10. I didnt bother to renew membership so I guess I was a member for a whole year then if you want to be pedantic about it.

Like I said you dont have to be a PAC member in order to catch pike. You can get the same advice about pike care from the internet (forums like ours for instance) without having to join a club.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:57 pm

matt859 wrote:
plumb68 wrote:

OK let me quantify my original post. I applied to be a member, joined and after a few months attended a local meeting. A meeting it most certainly wasnt, the chair could hardly keep control and the committee and members were at each others throats for most of the meeting. There was hardly anything discussed about the good and benefit of the pike and the only helpfull advice I got was from an old chap who said that I shouldnt fish for pike unless I know how to handle one and for that I would need to go along to one of the teach in sessions. I didnt have the heart to tell him id been fishing since I was 10. I didnt bother to renew membership so I guess I was a member for a whole year then if you want to be pedantic about it.

Like I said you dont have to be a PAC member in order to catch pike. You can get the same advice about pike care from the internet (forums like ours for instance) without having to join a club.
It"s a great pity you did not have a good experience at your local group,simply being a member does have it"s benefits and both groups in my area are brilliant with regular fish ins,including boat days where non owners pair up with members who are lucky enough to have one as well as talks/presentations by some of the top anglers from around the country.
As i said earlier it"s up to the individual to make up thier own mind whether to subscribe or not.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum