PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fish going missing

+12
matt859
tootall
plantsbrook
stubbo
robh107
gazco
Saintsince73
creamcake007
johnnym
welsh piker
doug6364
barbels1
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fish going missing Empty Fish going missing

Post  barbels1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:39 pm

Just a quick one, I follow Mick Brown on face book. He and lots of his followers are saying about eastern europeans and otters causing a great decline in fishing. I myself haven't really noticed it, you get good years and bad years! I haven't witnessed any "EE's" taking fish locally and have seen very little of otters. I have seen quite a few fish taken by Mink, mainly barbel and bream though. The forum seems to be quite well spread across the country. What're your views/observations?
barbels1
barbels1

Back to top Go down

Fish going missing Empty Re: Fish going missing

Post  doug6364 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Dont get me started on this one Barbels !!!! Yep its been happening at waters this end of the country. The EE'S taking anything that swims really. Not good.

Otters dont appear to be too much of a prob down here, unless anyone knows otherwise.

I think that the Government or EA should come down really heavy on the EE'S as they are spoiling the fishing in this country bigtime.

Deport them all, thats what i say !!! I get so damn angry the way anyone from another country just comes here and do what they like. If we tried it in their country, we would be in serious trouble people !!!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 pm

been done to death.. but Otters, there's 6-7 of the bugers were i fish, and the bugers are treated like bloody royalty Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad ..They come from far and wide to see the bugers,, and you know the old saying, if only i had a gun Mad
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnym Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm

apparently where a local small river joins the bristol avon which is behind a couple of factories which employ mainly poles they longline for pike and the bank is littered with vodka bottles and lager tins and other rubbish left behind Mad

johnnym

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I did see an otter at my local lake about a month ago. Big one as well feeding nicely on something big. The Baliff came round and asked if we had seen it cause it had taken a 17lb carp and left it on the lakeside further round.

I said to him......are there ways to catch them, and he said...............we have our ways ???? But ofcourse, he said, we will contact the otter trust when we get it ( very tongue in cheek comment ).

I think its gonna be heading somewhere different to that i think ! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  creamcake007 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Yes EEs very bad in my area, allot of my waters are free fishing and well out of the way ,with little or no control,makes it very easy for the little f+++ers. A mate of mine caught them cooking an upper double whole in tin foil on an open fire!!!!!!!!!!!. their where 6 of them so he made a tactical retreat and called the cops !!! .I see the remains of fires on most waters so god knows whats going on!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad affraid
creamcake007
creamcake007

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintsince73 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Just pike heads left on the bank where i fish. A water that has done many 30's pike and could always catch 4 or 5 in a day (not 30's) has been decimated. Carp to 50, double figure tench & bream - most have Mad GONE. And its not OTTERS!!!
Saintsince73
Saintsince73

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Saintsince73 wrote:Just pike heads left on the bank where i fish. A water that has done many 30's pike and could always catch 4 or 5 in a day (not 30's) has been decimated. Carp to 50, double figure tench & bream - most have Mad GONE. And its not OTTERS!!!

sounds like a lake i used to fish, i counted 12 pike heads on the bank one-day.. this place once was the place to go, sadly it's gone to the dogs, carp over 36lb, bream over 14lb, pike in the high 20's gone.. Mad Mad . make you want to throttle the buger's,,,
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  barbels1 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

There was an article in Angling times this week, re the ee's. Must be heart breaking to see it first hand. The otters I think you have to take on the chin but the other poblem, especially when they're long lining, well!
As an after thought on this matter, for those in the know of how the forum works. Can we do a poll on when you last had your EA license checked? I think I must have been checked less than 10 times in 30 years of fishing! There's no presence what so ever in my area
barbels1
barbels1

Back to top Go down

Post  welsh piker Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:49 pm

barbels1 wrote:There was an article in Angling times this week, re the ee's. Must be heart breaking to see it first hand. The otters I think you have to take on the chin but the other poblem, especially when they're long lining, well!
As an after thought on this matter, for those in the know of how the forum works. Can we do a poll on when you last had your EA license checked? I think I must have been checked less than 10 times in 30 years of fishing! There's no presence what so ever in my area

While you have a point on the E,A. i think you have just invited all the EE'S TO YOUR AREA Exclamation Exclamation .. best thing dont advertize whats happening, or the lack of it.. that way it's harder foe them where to go.
welsh piker
welsh piker

Back to top Go down

Post  gazco Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Last year i witnessed a group of eastern europeans cooking a large pike on the bank,told them straight how i felt about this and they have seemed to have got the message as i have not seen the fishing again even though they are still about my local town.
gazco
gazco

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 am

well done gazco Very Happy
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

barbels1 wrote:Just a quick one, I follow Mick Brown on face book. He and lots of his followers are saying about eastern europeans and otters causing a great decline in fishing. I myself haven't really noticed it, you get good years and bad years! I haven't witnessed any "EE's" taking fish locally and have seen very little of otters. I have seen quite a few fish taken by Mink, mainly barbel and bream though. The forum seems to be quite well spread across the country. What're your views/observations?
think we need more signs up in there native tongues i know they would rip them down but at least they would get the message before they rape our waters of our pike not seen any signs in the north west areas
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  plantsbrook Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm

a few years ago i found three 'deadlines' (very heavy mono, no trace and a huge sea type hook, baited with dead roach/perch) on a lake in birmingham, I cut them and took them with me of course - at the time i was on the water a lot and never acutally saw the people setting them. I met a bloke recently who had apparently seen first hand a canal in south yorkshire being netted by EE's.

i saw some otters on a natural lake in wales eating a LOT of fish - some reasonable sized pike too ; but the amount of bobble-hats flocking to see them was amazing. I had never really seen an otter before this ; i was surprised how much they seemed to catch - on a smaller lake this would not be sustainable at all.

Last edited by plantsbrook on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 pm

I've witnessed it first hand on more than one water near me. Went down all the official channels (baliffs, EA, Police) but nowt gets done before the damage is too great.
Seen some of the best waters in the area absolutely decimated through both furry friends and EE's Mad
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm

i know this keeps coming up but what can really be done to solve the rising problem there just not the man power and funding and the police dont really whant to get in volved with fish thefts
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

there is only one thing to do. English anglers outnumber the EEs and we should all have mates numbers in our mobiles we need to fight them on the banks, a few good scraps and a few half drowned EEs should soon spread like wildfire especially if the non angling press report it. After a few scraps the police would have to get involved and the EA will have to say something on the matter.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:44 pm

knowing this country tho the ees would get off scot free whilst us brits would get jailed
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:46 pm

matts getting punchy!!! Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

meerly bringing some home truths to the attention of the public thats all.

Im a lover not a fighter Wink
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm

lol! i know, its kinda true what your saying tho thats the sad thing bout it, if the wrong person is fishing and people start netting fish near them people are going to get black eyes as results
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  doug6364 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:46 pm

I reckon its Tom whos been pinching the fish.....................have you noticed his disguise ! Looks like a pincher to me, cause he's got one in his hands...................look at his avatar pic ! Caught read handed ! lol! ! lol!
doug6364
doug6364

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm

lol! lol! i have been making a necklace out of pike teeth and boots out there skin
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm

matt859 wrote:there is only one thing to do. English anglers outnumber the EEs and we should all have mates numbers in our mobiles we need to fight them on the banks, a few good scraps and a few half drowned EEs should soon spread like wildfire especially if the non angling press report it. After a few scraps the police would have to get involved and the EA will have to say something on the matter.
i know where your coming from but it could get out of hand matt a lot of them go around in gangs theres got to be another way to sort this out
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  drew321 Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

i was fishing a local river the other day and a few sketchy looking lads asked me if i was catching pike, i knew they wouldn't have put them back so i said no pike here mate all gone! lol
drew321
drew321

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next