PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloated pike from 50ft and deaper

+5
fatcaff
lowdouble
noodle
welsh piker
Saintsince73
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bloated pike from 50ft and deaper - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloated pike from 50ft and deaper

Post  lowdouble Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry, "pike tubing her overnight then"
you did what you thought was right, I thought it was wrong! end of Smile
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Bloated pike from 50ft and deaper - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloated pike from 50ft and deaper

Post  noodle Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm

lowdouble wrote:Sorry, "pike tubing her overnight then"
you did what you thought was right, I thought it was wrong! end of Smile

it was the end of it on the other thread you brought it up here and that is the response i expected tbh if all you feel you can offer is what not to do then maybe you should do and say nothing

its a rather simple maxim i tend to stick to Rolling Eyes
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:37 am

I am trying to tell people what not to do Very Happy , not to have a dig at you Noodle, but to stop novices (theres plenty on this site) thinking its alright to go around popping Pikes internal organs. Some people would do that as a first choice instead of spending the hours nursing a fish back to health like you obviously did try.

I must say its funny how I suggest other options and you get all shurty about it , and Mr Edwards who we all respect says "DO NOT" stick holes in Pike and thats ok for you??? Says lots about you really.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm

lowdouble wrote:I am trying to tell people what not to do Very Happy , not to have a dig at you Noodle, but to stop novices (theres plenty on this site) thinking its alright to go around popping Pikes internal organs. Some people would do that as a first choice instead of spending the hours nursing a fish back to health like you obviously did try.

I must say its funny how I suggest other options and you get all shurty about it , and Mr Edwards who we all respect says "DO NOT" stick holes in Pike and thats ok for you??? Says lots about you really.

the thing is Eric agreed with me, maybe he will say something about it at the next meeting who knows who cares.
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 pm

noodle wrote:
lowdouble wrote:I am trying to tell people what not to do Very Happy , not to have a dig at you Noodle, but to stop novices (theres plenty on this site) thinking its alright to go around popping Pikes internal organs. Some people would do that as a first choice instead of spending the hours nursing a fish back to health like you obviously did try.

the thing is Eric agreed with me, maybe he will say something about it at the next meeting who knows who cares.
lol sounds just like a p.a.c meeting lol
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm

stubbo wrote:
noodle wrote:

lol sounds just like a p.a.c meeting lol

ours are quite friendly affairs though
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  tony mctaggart Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:16 pm

Same thing happend to a mates 25+ pike about 5yrs ago on a wild scottish loch and the pike just wouldn't go back,we tried everything we could keeping it upright in the landing net for easily up to 2 hours even taking it out into deeper water but to no avail.
eventually i had to tell my mate to let it go as was getting dark and had a 2 hour drive back.
To say we were gutted was an understatement and all we spoke about for two hours was ''HOW'' we left a 25+ pike porpoising on the surface. Crying or Very sad
Now the best part of the story,About 2yrs ago in june i slid the net under another one of his pike on the same water i turned round looked at him with a big cheesy smile and said you've caught her before, we couldn't believe it but laughed our heads off Very Happy
So maybe somtimes who really knows we should just let go but defo with eric on this as pike have an open swim bladder and can be burped.

tony mctaggart

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:54 pm

tony mctaggart wrote:Same thing happend to a mates 25+ pike about 5yrs ago on a wild scottish loch and the pike just wouldn't go back,we tried everything we could keeping it upright in the landing net for easily up to 2 hours even taking it out into deeper water but to no avail.
eventually i had to tell my mate to let it go as was getting dark and had a 2 hour drive back.
To say we were gutted was an understatement and all we spoke about for two hours was ''HOW'' we left a 25+ pike porpoising on the surface. Crying or Very sad
Now the best part of the story,About 2yrs ago in june i slid the net under another one of his pike on the same water i turned round looked at him with a big cheesy smile and said you've caught her before, we couldn't believe it but laughed our heads off Very Happy
So maybe somtimes who really knows we should just let go but defo with eric on this as pike have an open swim bladder and can be burped.
how did you know it was the same fish did you have a photo of the other pike
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  tony mctaggart Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

stubbo wrote:
tony mctaggart wrote:Same thing happend to a mates 25+ pike about 5yrs ago on a wild scottish loch and the pike just wouldn't go back,we tried everything we could keeping it upright in the landing net for easily up to 2 hours even taking it out into deeper water but to no avail.
Laughing should have said but i'd have thought that was obvious, Yes pics of both fish with unmistakable scar running across stomach.

tony mctaggart

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 pm

tony mctaggart wrote:
stubbo wrote:
Laughing should have said but i'd have thought that was obvious, Yes pics of both fish with unmistakable scar running across stomach.
a happy ending then
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Edwards Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm

John and I are mates and we both enjoy the banter at our meetings. It's ok to disagree, what's not really ok is to fall out over it.
Eric Edwards
Eric Edwards

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Eric Edwards wrote:John and I are mates and we both enjoy the banter at our meetings. It's ok to disagree, what's not really ok is to fall out over it.
hope not mate sometimes things get a little heated at times even though it starts out a bit of banter
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 am

the main thing is id tried everything i knew about and got to the point where it boiled down to a rock over its head, leave it to wash up on the shore in a few minutes or try something else which i had got the info from the pac then more details from a us site called esox hunter.

so to be criticised over spending so much time trying to revive some other idiots fish well not too happy especially as the criticism was neither constructive nor warranted.

if we do not discuss such matters then no one learns a thing, on here we have people asking about cutting traces and deep hooking. im torn on that as i actually believe that with fine wire bronze hooks getting rid of as much of the stainless wire you can would be beneficial as hooks do rot and go fairly quickly the wire we use doesnt though being stainless ans plastic coated at times makes matters worse as the wire wont ball up.

experience on this as ive caught a few fish with wire poking out of their flanks and stomachs and at least three of the five ive later caught with a scar (usually white area that looks like the fish has been sandpapered smooth) where ive spent a bit of time teasing the wire out.

as it stands the fish swam off which is as much as anyone could hope for.
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:29 pm

noodle wrote:the main thing is id tried everything i knew about and got to the point where it boiled down to a rock over its head, leave it to wash up on the shore in a few minutes or try something else which i had got the info from the pac then more details from a us site called esox hunter.

so to be criticised over spending so much time trying to revive some other idiots fish well not too happy especially as the criticism was neither constructive nor warranted.

if we do not discuss such matters then no one learns a thing, on here we have people asking about cutting traces and deep hooking. im torn on that as i actually believe that with fine wire bronze hooks getting rid of as much of the stainless wire you can would be beneficial as hooks do rot and go fairly quickly the wire we use doesnt though being stainless ans plastic coated at times makes matters worse as the wire wont ball up.

experience on this as ive caught a few fish with wire poking out of their flanks and stomachs and at least three of the five ive later caught with a scar (usually white area that looks like the fish has been sandpapered smooth) where ive spent a bit of time teasing the wire out.

as it stands the fish swam off which is as much as anyone could hope for.
you were just trying to save the fish noodle you did what most of us would do in that situation pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2