PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen Deadbaits

5 posters

Go down

Frozen Deadbaits Empty Frozen Deadbaits

Post  Frazz Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Was just curious how you guys managed too keep your packs of deadbaits nice n frozen when away on weekend fishing trips??
I've just bought a decent wee cool pack that'll fit about 8 packets of bait and a couple of freezer blocks which fingers crossed should keep them fresh n frozen for a couple of nights away camping in a couple of weeks..

Anyone got any other tips?? study

Cheers

Frazz

Back to top Go down

Frozen Deadbaits Empty Re: Frozen Deadbaits

Post  Andy Webster Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Frazz

I do not try to keep deadbaits frozen as I don't go for longer than a day and in winter that isn't over long. Anything left at the end of the day is put back into the freezer unless its not worth it, in which cas it gets thrown in to the water.

Here is a link to a previous post with some ideas

Link

Andy Webster Very Happy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilley Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Same as above mate, during the winter I don't do more than a day, ill often do a day, come home and then go out again next day but never go long enough for bait to go off. Then during the spring and summer all my long sessions are for other species, eg Barbel, tench and carp etc. I guess u could put them in a cooler bag type thing and place some frozen bottles of water on top, that would keep them fresher for a while. Smile
Pilley
Pilley

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:39 am

what i have done in the past is rapp your freezer blocks in news paper then place them in plastic sandwhich bags they stop frozen for a very long time try to keep your freezer box out of the sun and another thing i have been doing latley is vacume packing my baits they stop fresh and no more freezer burn as well .....hope this helps muck...
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Frazz Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

Cheers for the advice, just stocked up on freezer blocks and paid the extra for a decent wee cool bag so should be happy days, knowing the weather we've been gettin in Scotland keeping them away from the sun shouldn't be a problem pale

Frazz

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

try what i do mate.... get 2 identical cool bags plus 5 or 6 carrier bags. place 1 cool bag inside the other with both zips to the top, place all carrier bags inside each other to form a multi layered bag, then sit the carrier bags within the inner cool bag. place your frozen bait in the middle of it all then fold the tops of the carrier bags over and of course zip up both cool bags.
this set up keeps my bait frozen all day winter or summer providing i keep the bags closed unless i'm getting another bait out Wink
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down