PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?

+2
Trevski
tolwfc
6 posters

Go down

Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?   Empty Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?

Post  tolwfc Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if any pike fisherman are planning on fishing anywhere next weekend, 15th or 16th November anywhere around the west midlands area.

I Have been a carp angler for a little under 2 years and am keen to broaden my horizons, I would like to try my hand at pike fishing but I don't want to catch them without knowing how to properly unhook them and maybe causing some damage. I have watched youtube videos but as you can expect im still not confident and would like some help on the bank by someone that knows what they are doing.

Im not an idiot, I wont be asking for someone else bait or tackle I will come fully prepared for a days fishing I'd just like some tips and instruction on how to unhook my first pike, im 26 so I wont be running up and down the bank or moaning if it happens that we blank that day.

tolwfc

Back to top Go down

Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?   Empty applause

Post  Trevski Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:17 am

Hiya bud, sorry cant help as I live a bit far from you,

but can I just applaud your attitude toward getting these essential skills.

it's refreshing to see on a forum and if more potential pike-men/women took the same approach I'm sure our sport would benefit enormously...

if you have any questions at all, please ask...we all started somewhere.
Trevski
Trevski

Back to top Go down

Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?   Empty Re: Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?

Post  Idlepiker Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:13 am

Got to agree with Trevski, what a great attitude towards starting this great pastime we all love.
I also think I'm too far away from you, if you tell us whereabouts  in the west midlands you may get a few more hits.
cant wait to see your first piccy on here.
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?   Empty Re: Any midland piker help out a interested beginner?

Post  stubbo Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:44 pm

[quote="Trevski"]Hiya bud, sorry cant help as I live a bit far from you,

but can I just applaud your attitude toward getting these essential skills.

it's refreshing to see on a forum and if more potential pike-men/women took the same approach I'm sure our sport would benefit enormously...

if you have any questions at all, please ask...we all started somewhere.[/quot
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:46 pm

tolwfc wrote:Hello,

Just wondering if any pike fisherman are planning on fishing anywhere next weekend, 15th or 16th November anywhere around the west midlands area.

I Have been a carp angler for a little under 2 years and am keen to broaden my horizons, I would like to try my hand at pike fishing but I don't want to catch them without knowing how to properly unhook them and maybe causing some damage. I have watched youtube videos but as you can expect im still not confident and would like some help on the bank by someone that knows what they are doing.

Im not an idiot, I wont be asking for someone else bait or tackle I will come fully prepared for a days fishing I'd just like some tips and instruction on how to unhook my first pike, im 26 so I wont be running up and down the bank or moaning if it happens that we blank that day.

if I am down your way pal I will pm you
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm

I live in Rugby and would love to join you for a days piking. However I am busy already that weekend down in the Oxfordshire area. I have sent you a PM.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  tolwfc Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks for the replies, i live close to walsall a little town called wednesbury, probably only know for the fact that there is an ikea here other than that people would avoid this place Very Happy

South yorkshire & chestire is a little big far yes but hopefully someone who is close will reply

tolwfc

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Tolwfc ? does that stand for Tom Only Loves Wednesbury Football Club or Tom Old Lad Works For Christians or maybe Tom Outside Left Wednesbury Football Club? Very Happy Very Happy
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash morton Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:45 am

That's a very good attitude and way to approach things, hope someone can show you the ropes
Ash morton
Ash morton

Back to top Go down

Post  tolwfc Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:48 am

matt859 wrote:Tolwfc ?  does that stand for Tom Only Loves Wednesbury Football Club or Tom Old Lad Works For Christians or maybe Tom Outside Left Wednesbury Football Club? Very Happy Very Happy

My second name is Tolley and unluckily I support the mighty Walsall Razz Rolling Eyes so back in school that's where my email address came from, thanks for all the replys, I have your number saved now Matt when I can get a weekend away from work ill ask you what your doing and hopefully meet up this side of xmas.

Again thanks for the replys all.

tolwfc

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:17 pm

no probs Tom just let me know.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down