PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery

4 posters

Go down

53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery  Empty 53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:15 pm

just seen it on the internet , anglers found the big pike dead when the fishery was reopened after the lockdown.
just goes to show there are some really big uncaught pike out there....apparently the owner thinks it had not been out before
and it could have taken on some water as extra weight depending how long it had been dead ...still a very big pike looking at the picture..Sad
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery  Empty Re: 53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery

Post  adie1200 Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Wow that's some pike Steve Shocked Shocked A fish of dreams!
It probably died of old age it's done really well if it's not been caught by anyone affraid
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery  Empty Re: 53lb pike found dead in yorkshire fishery

Post  psion Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:25 pm

I have seen that before it's a trout water but they don't let anyone fish for the pike.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:50 pm

I'm sure I read that the pike fishing on there was limited to the owners close friends so it does occasionally get fished
There was a bit of controversy on whether it was the stated weight when news of this fish came out,was a while back now.Its obviously a big lump though.
One that is no way the claimed weight is the so called 45lb plus lure caught fish that was in AT and on the net recently.I'd be surprised if it was near 35 never mind 45!

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:46 pm

psion wrote:I have seen that before it's a trout water but they don't let anyone fish for the pike.
they do but , only a few are allowed fortunately , read about this fishery in the past.....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:53 pm

mattjb wrote:I'm sure I read that the pike fishing on there was limited to the owners close friends so it does occasionally get fished
There was a bit of controversy on whether it was the stated weight when news of this fish came out,was a while back now.Its obviously a big lump though.
One that is no way the claimed weight is the so called 45lb plus lure caught fish that was in AT and on the net recently.I'd be surprised if it was near 35 never mind 45!
this clearly happens all the time false weights , especially with pike , there was a guy who reported a 30 plus fish on our local canal , the picture told a different story ......I would give it 12lb and that's being generous .....fxxxxxx muppets......they must think we are idiots .......
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down