PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing.

Go down

Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Empty Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing.

Post  FishNFool Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:11 am

Hi all,  
I'm new here, so I guess I should do a short introduction about who I am. My name is Rick Lawrence (AKA) the "Fish-N-Fool". I'm 68 years young, retired and live in N. Idaho on a small ranch on the banks of Hoodoo Creek near Priest River, ID. I'm an avid Bass, and Muskie fisherman. But I live for Pike fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I also fish for Sturgeon and trout some too. I'm an outdoors writer and I write mainly Pike and Bass fishing how to articles for quite a few different magazines, and websites.
 I'm an inventor also, and I developed my own line of fishing lures, The Sink-N-Fool which was my most popular bait (Similar to a Senko only 10 times better), an oversized spinnerbait called the Flash-N-Fool, Chatter-N-Fool, and a trailer called a Kick-N-Fool, as well as my Slow Fall Jig and the Mighty Mouse. I have caught pike on all of these lures I made. I used to sell baits online and in the stores under my company Fish-N-Fool Lures, but I have now retired.  I still make lures for me and a few friends, but no longer sell them in the stores or online.
 I also created the world's strongest line to lure fishing knot. The Fish-N-Fool Knot, which won the "Knot Wars" competition on TV back in 2009. It beat all the other knots like the Palomar, Trilene, San Diego, and all others in a head-to-head strength test. It is still the strongest knot, "Knot Wars" ever tested with braid or mono. There are about 50 videos on YouTube showing how to tie my Fish-N-Fool knot, but they all do it wrong! LOL To tie my knot quick and easy is all about how you hold the line. So if you are interested in learning this great knot, Look me up on Youtube
Skip ahead to 2:45 to learn how to tie the knot, the first part is about my Sink-N-Fool lures and me being a little bit full of myself! LOL
 Now days I just chase my next big fish. I just got back last month from a week-long Sturgeon fishing trip to Southern Idaho. It was a fairly good trip, but we didn't get any over 7 foot monsters like I got last year. My big fish this year was 5 ft. 11 in.

I had one of my best years for Pike in the last 5 years. I got close to 110 total on the year with my biggest one at 27.44 lb, 2 more over 20 lbs. with 5 more over 15lbs.
 I'm hoping to add to that still this year and get a new P.B. Pike of over 30 lbs. I make or modify about 75% of all the lures I fish by building them from scratch, painting them, or tweaking them in some way. If any of you are interested in reading some of my Pike fishing articles, I can post some of them here.
 Here are some of the fish I have caught in the last few years. I blur the background in some of the photos, so my spots don't get blown up.
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Wallpa10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Po_pik10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Monste10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Me_pik12
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Me_pik11
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Me_pik10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. 7_copy10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. 42_5_i10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. 100_1010
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Dent_m10
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. W15-3610
Newbe here, But not to the world of Pike fishing. Pike_611