PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Deadbait do you reach for first?

+13
Mick Cobb
stubbo
paddy pike
Steve French
Alex Makk
deadbait
benacre
Pikey_Mike
noodle
Lefty
MAD BAD ANGLER
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Webster
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Deadbait do you reach for first? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Deadbait do you reach for first?

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Brownies or Rambos?
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

What Deadbait do you reach for first? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Deadbait do you reach for first?

Post  newie2010 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Andy Macfarlane wrote:Brownies or Rambos?

LOL thats a fair point Laughing

the colourfull rainbows, never used browns...

had a fish wednesday on half a raindow as well.

i would say 90% of my pike come on trout
newie2010
newie2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Ah well mate. You haven't lived yet. Either find a supplier of small brownies (Nev used to do them in trays...dunno if he still does) or catch them yourself. I'm lucky that every wet ditch up here has a supply of stunted brownies in them so I'm generally always alright for baits.

Wee brownies and lace liberally with salmon oil (5mls) or aniseed (1-2mls). Couple of stabs in the flanks and wait for runs.

Best use a bait retrieval system, because wee brownies are generally brilliant baits and it's good getting more than 1 fish off each bait. Just use a length of old 15lb mono or similar. Tie the mono off round the tail root of the bait and trim the knot. Now lie the mono alongside the trace (with the hooks in the bait) and then tie the other end of the mono off on the trace swivel, making sure the mono is 2-3" shorter than the trace. This means you cast your bait very hard without fear of losing the bait or ripping the hooks out and when you do get a fish, the bait comes back attached to the trace.

Damn sight easier than that rubbish Gustafson came up with for launching baits and you have the added bonus of getting the bait back.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum