PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drifter float what depth to fish at ???

4 posters

Go down

drifter float what depth to fish at ??? Empty drifter float what depth to fish at ???

Post  craigpix2000 Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

ive been to tackle shop today and stocked up on the bits i needed ive been meaning to buy a drifter for ages so picked 1 up today for a big pit i fish the main question is what depth do u fish it at the said water is up and down from 6ft to 20ft if i set it at 5ft is it gunna benefit when its going over 20ft or do i just alter a foot at a time with every cast out to find the fish

i cant wait for this fish in ive alot of questions lol
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

drifter float what depth to fish at ??? Empty Re: drifter float what depth to fish at ???

Post  nickcarpy Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:10 pm

do your homework mate on the water you fish,ie,which pegs are you going to fish?deph,snags,weedbeds or wind direction.?no point fishing it if wind blowing into your face,if you see what i mean.go to your water with a open mind,study it,think right if i fish here which way will the wind blow my drifter?right if i fish from this peg it will drift it over to that end where no-one puts a baitjust up to that weedbed where the deph is 5 ft or fish from that peg an it will go over there following that line of gravelwhere the deph is 8 ft.see what i mean learn,read the water ,learn how to fish it.but if you not sure of deph just keep running it threw an each time alter deph ect.if it snags you know you to deep at that area ect.its a great method mate hope you get on well. Very Happy Very Happy
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

drifter float what depth to fish at ??? Empty Re: drifter float what depth to fish at ???

Post  craigpix2000 Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

cheers matey Very Happy
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice comments Nick.

It can be a good way of fishing a deadbait on the deck a long way out. Just let it drift/get blown into a slope or drop off.

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm

are you going to be using it with lives or deads?

noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 pm

dead baits untill i fill the live bait bucket i wont hold my breath tho with 200 acres so probably just deads
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:07 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:dead baits untill i fill the live bait bucket i wont hold my breath tho with 200 acres so probably just deads
get the lives out, and make the rig end high attract with things like glow beads,sequins and most important boobies Wink
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:16 pm

noodle wrote:
craigpix2000 wrote:dead baits untill i fill the live bait bucket i wont hold my breath tho with 200 acres so probably just deads
get the lives out, and make the rig end high attract with things like glow beads,sequins and most important boobies Wink

boobies uve lost me now are we still talking pike Laughing
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:02 pm

craigpix2000 wrote:
noodle wrote:

boobies uve lost me now are we still talking pike Laughing

yeah although its easier to source them from the ccg stuff however here they are
http://www.pro-fishing-tackle.co.uk/fishing-tackle-shop/sea-fishing-booby-bead-rattles-silver.html
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:09 am

cheers mate il get some on order Very Happy
thanx for the help boys apreciated
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down