PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fox lures.

4 posters

Go down

fox lures. Empty fox lures.

Post  nickcarpy Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:34 am

called in tackle shop today an picked up 3 fox lures.mini dolphin [brown tiger and roach patten]gremlin[fluro yellow black sripe]they were reduced to£3.99,i then offered a tenner for 3 an a deal was done.will give them ago over hols.anybody else done owt on them? Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

fox lures. Empty Re: fox lures.

Post  wymo Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:51 pm

hello nick i bought a few of those lures did u get them from whickersley? i got the same as you which i think will be better in the warmer months. i also got the micro demon which i've had about 5 jacks on so far they dont half attack them Very Happy .i also bought the micro runt and jointed runt and micro rooter in various patterns, ended up spending £70 on em Laughing .
havnt given them a good outing yet so i'll keep you posted mate.
they do work better with solid jerk bait traces you dont get as many folds plus theyre stronger than wire traces
hoping to get out for a couple of hours christmas day everyone thinks i'm sad but never mind eh Laughing
good luck let me know how you get on chief
merry xmas one and all santa
cheers wymo
wymo
wymo

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 pm

yes mate,there a good deal.only went for a salmo slider[which they sold out on]but still spent a bit Laughing will give them ago anyway.got them because going to av ago lure fishing for perch,will get ondex ;s out to.tight lines fellas Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:09 pm

its odd the amount of similar things that come up on different forums at the same time lol

one thing before you use please please check the metalware is secure ive had a few now that had never seen glue in their lives and for the sake of a simple twist with a pair of forceps to check em

if the screw eye moves just epoxy it back up if it doesnt then they are good to go

oh the finish is on the crap side so when you get home dry em and seal any cracks chips etc with something simple like clear nail varnish
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:15 pm

thanks for tips noodle,av you caught on any of them? Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  JOEL Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:59 pm

noodle wrote:its odd the amount of similar things that come up on different forums at the same time lol

one thing before you use please please check the metalware is secure ive had a few now that had never seen glue in their lives and for the sake of a simple twist with a pair of forceps to check em

if the screw eye moves just epoxy it back up if it doesnt then they are good to go

oh the finish is on the crap side so when you get home dry em and seal any cracks chips etc with something simple like clear nail varnish

totally agree with john,but fox have 2 lures that are brilliant.The jointed runt is fantastic & can be used in many ways,Also the micro jointed dolphin,I've fittted mine with weedless hooks & use with a baitcaster.Brilliant.
JOEL
JOEL

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:09 pm

they also sell the jointed runt to for £3.99 Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  JOEL Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm

nickcarpy wrote:they also sell the jointed runt to for £3.99 Smile

the micro runt or the full size one.
JOEL
JOEL

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:14 pm

micro mate,they av a big bin full of fox lures Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  JOEL Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:35 pm

nickcarpy wrote:micro mate,they av a big bin full of fox lures Smile

what shop they in.me mum lives in dunsville nr doncaster.anywhere near there.
JOEL
JOEL

Back to top Go down

Post  nickcarpy Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:03 pm

pm joel Smile
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 am

well youve named two of the best so far may i add the micro rooter to the list and in the larger sizes one of the best by far is the gremlin as pork chop style baits go they are very probably one of the better ones you can get imho. however good as they may be they have limitations which is they are so fast sinking they are not much use when your fishing shllower than 12 foot or so the dolphins work better then, and again the fox dolphins are ok but you would be better getting hold of something like the ace flipper (linky thing) instead as they are better made and much more reliable with the weighting than the fox ones
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down