PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait

3 posters

Go down

Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait Empty Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait

Post  Pikey_Mike Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 am

I've had a few jerk-baits laying around for about a year but only just got round to getting some jig-heads for them and as I've never used them before, I'm unsure how to set up a flying treble on one.

After sitting and thinking about it for a bit, I think I have sussed it, but I shall try to explain it to see if it's a sound way of doing it and see if I'm on the right tracks, feel free to tell me if I've got it wrong.

Basically, take a length of trace that when doubled up, will run the length of the lure + about an inch.
Thread a crimp onto the length of trace, followed by a treble, then take the "free end" if you will, and thread that through the hook eye and then the crimp and crimp it together, essentially leaving you a circle of trace with a treble crimped in place.

Then, pinch the circle together and thread it through the jerk-bait and get the hook on the jig head through the loop, then clip the loop of trace on the flying treble together with the eye of the jig-head.

Kinda tricky to explain, does that make sense and does that seem about right?

Cheers

Pikey_Mike

Back to top Go down

Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait Empty Re: Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait

Post  noodle Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:52 pm

For soft plastic jeks?

If so just rig a stinger up good pic in the link http://www.hooksettersupply.com/Owner_Hooks_Stinger_Harness_Rig_For_Swimbaits_5290_p/5290.htm
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait Empty Re: Setting up a flying treble on a jerk-bait

Post  matt859 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Basically, take a length of trace that when doubled up, will run the length of the lure + about an inch.
Thread a crimp onto the length of trace, followed by a treble, then take the "free end" if you will, and thread that through the hook eye and then the crimp and crimp it together, essentially leaving you a circle of trace with a treble crimped in place.

Then, pinch the circle together and thread it through the jerk-bait and get the hook on the jig head through the loop, then clip the loop of trace on the flying treble together with the eye of the jig-head.

Kinda tricky to explain, does that make sense and does that seem about right?

Cheers[/quote]

yep sounds good, have you caught owt on it yet?
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down