PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge,

+3
noodle
plantsbrook
Alex Makk
7 posters

Go down

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, Empty LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge,

Post  Alex Makk Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Prehaps making this a sticky please Adie?
The LAS are holding a lurefair come April, and it huge,

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, LASPoster-1

LUREFAIR + LAS AGM
Saturday 28th April 2012

The Lure Angling Society will be holding their Lurefair at Derby University. There will be many attractions and guests so come along have a good day and support the LAS
Also we will be holding our AGM is an opportunity for members to attend, discuss club matters, make proposals to the meeting, vote & influence the future direction of the club.

The main Hall, Derby University, Kedleston Road, Derby. DE22 1GB……only ½ mile from the main A38. Parking is free

Price
£5 for LAS Members
£7 for non members
Honoury Members enter for free

Timetable (Exact times to be confirmed)
-Open at 9am
-Pete Felstead
-John Milford
-Dietmar
-AGM

Close 1600 Hrs

GUEST SPEAKERS

Dietmar Isaiasch
THE MAIN SPEAKER AT THE 2012 LUREFAIR WILL BE DIETMAR, HIS TALK AND PRESENTATION IS ENTITLED ‘MODERN LURE FISHING’.

The name is well known in serious predator fishing circles, whilst most of his fishing is carried out in main land Europe, he has a fantastic background with pike to well over 40lb, and he has caught zander bigger than the British record, so a man to watch and listen to. Everyone will learn from him.
His fishing exploits are printed in twelve different European magazines, he designs lures and tackle for six manufacturers including FOX, but still manages to put in over 100 fishing days a year.

Pete Felstead
‘LURE ANGLING THE ULTRALITE WAY AND A LOOK AT MICROLITE LURE ANGLING’ ….with PETE FELSTEAD
Mention Ultalite luring and you think of Pete Felstead. An ultralite man for many years with a wealth of experience to pass on. Also see the usually thought of non predators that Pete has caught, it will open your eyes. Microlite luring is an up and coming method, Pete will explain the differences and how to go about this exciting new way with lures.

John Milford.
‘A CAST BACK IN TIME’
John is well known in piking and lure circles having been a former editor of ‘Pikelines’ and a past Chairman not only of the Pike Anglers Club but the Lure Anglers Society also. One of John’s great interests is the background to many of the classic old baits and the companies who developed them, giving us the ideas for many of today’s lures.
John also has a collection of very early lures, many of which are from America where the growth in the lure fishing sport really took off from. Here is a chance to not only hear about these lures but to see them as well. John has an enviable collection and will also be very pleased to see any old lures you have.

Stall Holders

LUREFAIR TACKLE STANDS.

If you want to take a stand, please email events@lureangler.co.uk for details.

LUREFAIR 2012....its HUGE
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, Empty Re: LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge,

Post  plantsbrook Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 am

looks interesting - think i might take a drive over. Is anyone a member of the lure anglers society ? (i'm not BTW) has anyone been before - any bargains to be had?
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm a member of the LAS, have been since John got me a 1/2yrs membership last year.

They have seasonal magazines like the PAC does, (worth the membership alone)

discounts with tackle shops (Monster tackle,HSM & Lure Anglers Shop)

fish-ins at select venues.

and plenty more,

click the link,
http://www.lureanglers.co.uk/

I'm hopefully going to make it, from what I'm gathering its the first lurefair in a while for us, so i cant say how it all is, all i know is that ''it's huge'', there is going to be tackle stalls and a good couple of speakers to talk lures.
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 pm

i am, im also the north west chapter organiser thing

and yes im going its only a 160 mile trip or so
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Well, I had planned to get to this one but by beginning of this week I had doubts that'll I'll manage to scrounge a lift from fellow LAS members. but Friday I had a friendly PM from fellow member Mike asking if I still need a lift. So I organised 'pickup' time and location and said the words ''see you tomorrow''.

well yesterday morning came and I'm like a kid, all excited, jumpy you name it, Mike picked me up from the local landmark (pub) at around 09:00am and we got to the car park at the university for 09:30 and Paid for mine and mike entrance fee for the day (as mike did take me there and bring me back)

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10301

well upon entering the main hall my eyed opened to see tables, stalls, lures, rods, reels & people all around.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10311

As far as I'm concerned the second hand stall had some bargains for all manner of folk, from lures to rods, I even managed to pick myself a couple nice lures from here, a fox trojan, a small ace jerk and a storm kicking stick.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10321

Chico was here too, I manage to grab a 'smiling' picture from him, I had a look at his knipex cutter he had on the stall and they look like a future purchase (when funds allow) for chopping them hook shanks clean and with little effort.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10331

Spotted another forum Member Pete (Kato), selling his jigflys, I had a good chat with him, an idea for then sparked my mind, instead of fishing with em, just hang em out the upstairs window and dangle em in front of the neighbour's cat, bound to have some fun there .......

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10341

Franglais fishing, now I've been looking at his baits online and i must say a decent chap to speak too, I was very tempted with getting some 4'' castiacs (similar to the fox replicants) but had to hold as I didn't want to spend all my cash within the hour.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10351

The Pike shop, has some lovely bits 'n' bobs, lures and even soft cuddly pike (like a child's teddy bear) I purchased some small/mini bulldawg lures from these chaps. they even had a box of storm & rapala lures at a fiver each & some nice spoons and spinnerbaits from toothy critter, but once again I didn't want to spend all the cash in an hour.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10361

As I was wandering around looking at all sorts of lures/items of purchase, I had a look on the sovereign superbaits stall. and in particular the I.T.T swimbaits which look awesome, especially the soft plastic variety.

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF1038

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10371

Just across from sovereign there was Evaldas's aka, Eva's stall with all top end lures, rods & reels. I had a quick wind of a couple of shimano reels and i was very impressed with them. but they were way over my cash I had on me, perhaps a nice forum member could treat me to a curado 51E?

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10391

Now here's a lovely couple, Artur & his partner had there stand next to Mullarkeys direct stall, they both had some really nice rods to show from,dragon, plenty of other things too such as reels. shads, jig heads, cranks, and some luggage. I purchase a very well made wallet that I now store my spinnerbaits in,

LUREFAIR 2012 : It's huge, DSCF10401

just next to Evaldas, was zoota lure's (Alex Prouse) stall, the stench of them soft plastics were to make a man's eyes water but they look very well made and an array of colours, shapes and sizes to choose from. I personally reckon they'll are great for some ressies around the country.

I sadly missed all the Talks from some great gents, as I was like a hover fly going from one stall to another and back again. I put many names to faces, most if not all were forum members, met the clubs committee who were also friendly faces.
It came to around to 16:00 and it was time to do the raffle draw before the AGM, after three or four draws to other lucky folk I manage to bank three tickets, first time I picked a gift card up, on the second round of my numbers I asked for another draw again to let someone else have a win, after a dozen or so draws I came up again and picked a spoon up. After the raffle draw the AGM came, although I don't involve myself deeply in club politics I was very interested in how it's all done, after around an hour and half we were told my the site security that we had to wrap up or we'll be locked in.

Mike dropped me off home safe and sound, my knees were hurting from all the walking/hovering around the stalls, my jaw aches from all the nattering I have done with fellow lure enthusiasts.

I'd like to thanks the Whole LAS for a long enjoyable day, the stalls were brilliant & I met some truly decent folk out there. Mike get's my deepest respect and thanks for coming and kindly giving me a lift. without so i wouldn't of met faces and made it there, I hope there is another lure fair for next year, It'll give me time to save funds. Laughing Laughing

Alex,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:32 pm

I'd go but i'd spend all my savings and end up with a divorce lol Laughing
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm

What a great review of your day Alex,I was very tempted to go but with my financial position as it is I couldn't have trusted myself to spend wisely,because it is an addiction isn't it?And unlike you tootall it wouldn't have ended in divorce because "err in doors" is lure mad as well,so I would be buying twice as many Very Happy .
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Wed May 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Dratt and double dratt. I wish I had seen this thread before. I was in Derby at the weekend and it would have been great to wander round even if I would have spent loads of dosh I can ill afford lol.

as a side note I discovered "Pyklets" in the main hall of the indoor market, very tasty they are too Very Happy
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 am

good day for you then alex?

nice to meet you finally, and im glad as yet ive not appeared on any photos of the event so far. id hate to think that bailiffs know what i look like affraid Laughing
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 pm

thanks guys, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yes John, but good is an understatement, I had a brilliant day, (can't you tell?) Wink

pleasure meeting you too for first time,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Sun May 06, 2012 11:58 am

Excellent review Alex.

Glad you had a good day

Andy

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk