PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part one

+19
matt859
MAD BAD ANGLER
admandino
HDangler
the bat
mal wynne
lorano
Tigi113
rozzo
piketastic
Pikeypete
psion
Pikeyjoe
nopikehere
silkmen
J Robinson
stubbo
lowdouble
adie1200
23 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part one

Post  steve.w Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:58 pm

stubbo wrote:
steve.w wrote:Hi guys,after a lay off of over three years I decided to get the bait rods out again,I've given all my time to lure angling the last three years or so.I needed to dust off the cobwebs and dead spiders from the rods and get up to date and spool the baitrunners with braid,always used 15lb mono in the past.
I had three hours after work on Tuesday and was well pleased with four jacks two of them looking close to ten pounds.So I found time again on Thursday afternoon a bit further upstream for another go,it didn't look good being so clear and started wishing I'd brought the lure rod.Sat for two hours watching the wildlife and stationary floats,and then the first run made me think I'd a twenty on,a very large head convinced me I'd a very good fish,but an undernourished 17lb 8oz was the result.
Immediately after casting out another run and a dogged fight resulted in a 21lb 12oz lump,a good fat fish this one,obviously she beats her mate to the prey most times😄.
So I've really got the bug now,and will have to put work off again next week for a dabble😊.
Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 Img_1012

Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 20171010
welcome to the site Dave and what a return you have made to dead baiting or live baiting.... good looking fish there pal well...in Very Happy

Thanks stubbo,I haven't been on here for a while,but always look in on the friendliest pike forum around.Hope I can keep posting some catches every now and then😊.
Oh and are you Trigger in disguise mate,or do you call everyone "Dave"😄.
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:39 pm

sorry steve I need new eyeballs lol! lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:09 am

Welcome back Steve and with two nice pike as well  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  keep them coming mate was
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:21 am

Great to see a few fish and nice ones at that coming out,   well done lads Wink    I managed a few Mullet and Sea Bream plus my first ever Bass (stubbo they do fight).  I blanked in my favorite swim but did see a few topless mermaids.
Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 22550810
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:50 am

That looks a good pond. Laughing Very Happy bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Great water clarity Jock lol. no pike though Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 pm

No pike at the local quarry today, but a hell of a lot of litter Crying or Very sad

Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 22467326_10156710055248136_7281068321461166665_o
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Shocking affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 pm

From one peg! Evil or Very Mad
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Some nice fish coming out well done all.  Litter is a big problem everywhere I have never understood it.  If you bring it take it home.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:55 pm

J Robinson wrote:From one peg! Evil or Very Mad
is the venue club owned or is a commercial, there's no excuse really should be named and shamed if its a club water with members indeed its shocking Mad Mad Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Just a public, free water. Coarse fishing is a rarity here in Scotland, and many Scots (despite being immensely patriotic) treat their country like a dump. I hate it.
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:19 pm

J Robinson wrote:Just a public, free water. Coarse fishing is a rarity here in Scotland, and many Scots (despite being immensely patriotic) treat their country like a dump. I hate it.
shame because Scotland is a beautiful place , been up there a few times shooting and fishing Embarassed Embarassed
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  J Robinson Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:58 pm

stubbo wrote:
J Robinson wrote:Just a public, free water. Coarse fishing is a rarity here in Scotland, and many Scots (despite being immensely patriotic) treat their country like a dump. I hate it.
shame because Scotland is a beautiful place , been up there a few times shooting and fishing Embarassed Embarassed

It's a strange cultural thing, especially in the central belt. You'll not see worse rural litter anywhere in the UK. It's to the point where there are enforcement cameras in places to catch people littering on the roads.

The wild environment in Scotland is stunning. The old towns, cities and villages can be very interesting, but most of the built environment in Scotland is awful. It's like it's planned from the ground up to be depressing. The sea of litter and dumping is just the icing on the cake. Been here 12 years now and am honestly at the point that I hate it. Just 2 more years, then moving to Germany and home of Europe's largest pike Twisted Evil
J Robinson
J Robinson

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 am

J Robinson wrote:
stubbo wrote:

It's a strange cultural thing, especially in the central belt. You'll not see worse rural litter anywhere in the UK. It's to the point where there are enforcement cameras in places to catch people littering on the roads.

The wild environment in Scotland is stunning. The old towns, cities and villages can be very interesting, but most of the built environment in Scotland is awful. It's like it's planned from the ground up to be depressing. The sea of litter and dumping is just the icing on the cake. Been here 12 years now and am honestly at the point that I hate it. Just 2 more years, then moving to Germany and home of Europe's largest pike Twisted Evil
sounds like a good move pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 am

I see in the Angling Times that a few thirties are coming out of Chew Valley. Is anyone fishing it this season. They are also opening Blagdon lake next to it
charging £1000 a boat.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 am

psion wrote:I see in the Angling Times that a few thirties are coming out of Chew Valley. Is anyone fishing it this season. They are also opening Blagdon lake next to it
charging £1000 a boat.
that's a ridicules to charge that amount , but there always somebody willing to pay Rolling Eyes
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Rumours Blagdon will produce a record Pike as fish of 42Lbs and 48Lbs have apparently come out whilst the rangers were test fishing the place, it's fly only though. The reason given for not claiming the British record is that is was weighed in a boat.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm

David Wynne wrote:Rumours Blagdon will produce a record Pike as fish of 42Lbs and 48Lbs have apparently come out whilst the rangers were test fishing the place, it's fly only though. The reason given for not claiming the British record is that is was weighed in a boat.
no wonder there's a lot of interest in the place , people would pay for that record Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Had a morning on a club water today, didn't get so much as a line bite. Only thing that livened it up was some "open water" swimmers braving the elements, I was tempted to ask them whether they could swim my baits out past casting distance.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  steve.w Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 pm

Well after my flying start to the season I came back down to earth with a blank this afternoon.The only interest I had was from two eel runs,both tearing off but nothing on the strike,the first a big chunk of the sardines head was missing,the second the head was just flattened,obviously a gummy eel😊.
Luckily the company I had was a bit more natural than your swimmers David,a kingfisher,two red kites and a barn owl,the owl brought a smile to my face as it sat across the drain from me looking me up and down in
typical owl fashion,head side to side and then up and down😄.
steve.w
steve.w

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 am

i finally, after 49 years of trying to catch one,  caught 6 in the day Shocked    Ive fished for them in ireland,  cornwall, devon and numerous other spots,  but finally had success in Portugal.  never has there been a more annoying, cute fish.  Ive still got that shark to tick off my list so watch this space next summer lol
Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 22643110

My wife even got in on the action with a lovely little silver sea bream.  the locals were eating them at this size Embarassed
Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 22641810
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 22 Empty MULLET AND BREAM

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:41 am

WELL IN PAL , HOW COME YOU NOT ON THAT BOAT IN THE BACK GROUND TROLLING THAT MULLET 50 YARDS BEHIND..... lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 am

If only lol. I thought straight away "how can I get these home lol" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Well done guys. Very Happy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down