PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part one

+19
matt859
MAD BAD ANGLER
admandino
HDangler
the bat
mal wynne
lorano
Tigi113
rozzo
piketastic
Pikeypete
psion
Pikeyjoe
nopikehere
silkmen
J Robinson
stubbo
lowdouble
adie1200
23 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part one

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 pm

piketastic wrote:blank for me yesterday.   there's a big un due, I can feel it !!!!! Cool
hope so pal ,been out a bit lately, but just jacks and the odd double, not had a decent fish over 18lb this season ......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:06 pm

At last I've broke my run of blanks lol! lol!
5 outings without even a run scratch got just the one today and only a jack of about 5lb but it was very welcome cheers Might start catching some more now lol! lol! lol!
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm

adie1200 wrote:At last I've broke my run of blanks lol! lol!
5 outings without even a run scratch  got just the one today and only a jack of about 5lb but it was very welcome cheers  Might start catching some more now lol! lol! lol!
in general the feeding spells should be longer as temps are rising so they should start moving about a bit more , might get out myself this week , the odd fish I have caught where covered in leeches which suggest they have been mostly static..... smile
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Out today for a dad and lad Pike session with my son. Stuart has had a run of blanks Pike fishing on our increasingly rare trips together, so he was keen to try the runs water after my sessions on there recently, just to put a bend in his rod for a change.

We got there on first light and had already decided to share a peg and fish with just three rods, taking it in turns with any runs (Stuart always gets first run, even at 19 years old) The wind was pushing hard into the left hand corner, so we opted for a peg that affords a little bit more shelter but still gives access to the deeper area of the Mere.

It turned out to be one of the quieter days on the water with 5 fish from 8 runs, Stuart getting 3 fish between 5-8Lbs and I managed 2 both around the 6Lbs mark. Again the fish were heavily leached up and all the fish were only lightly hooked on one treble.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0319
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0320
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0321
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0322

An enjoyable day with my son fishing  Very Happy Smile
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 pm

David Wynne wrote:Out today for a dad and lad Pike session with my son. Stuart has had a run of blanks Pike fishing on our increasingly rare trips together, so he was keen to try the runs water after my sessions on there recently, just to put a bend in his rod for a change.

We got there on first light and had already decided to share a peg and fish with just three rods, taking it in turns with any runs (Stuart always gets first run, even at 19 years old) The wind was pushing hard into the left hand corner, so we opted for a peg that affords a little bit more shelter but still gives access to the deeper area of the Mere.

It turned out to be one of the quieter days on the water with 5 fish from 8 runs, Stuart getting 3 fish between 5-8Lbs and I managed 2 both around the 6Lbs mark. Again the fish were heavily leached up and all the fish were only lightly hooked on one treble.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0319
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0320
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0321
Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0322

An enjoyable day with my son fishing  Very Happy Smile
that's what matters pal day out with family and catching fish and they don't have to be big fish all the time........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:51 am

I will be out Friday all I have to do now is pick the right venue. My sons gone a bit soft in is old age he said its to cold at the moment. We are planning
a trip to Scotland in March should be a bit warmer then.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Well done guys, its great to see fathers and sons out together. nice action too David. I saved the blank today with two little 3lb beauties. theres always tomorrow Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Empty very thick across the back

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 pm

[img]Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Heli_p11[/img][img]Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Heli_p12[/img] this fish was caught on a whole mackerel cast at range , thought I had caught a load of weed but then it came to life near the net , very lightly hooked so had to take it easy ........ hooks came out in the net affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:35 am

Nice one Steve, earned that one ! It’s about time one of us put a decent 20 on the board for us ! Any takers ?😊😊😊
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:41 am

Well done stubbo, fat girl lol. i managed to miss 3, lose what felt like a double and catch a six pounder. Craig, its up to you mate, I couldnt catch a cold recently Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:01 am

Nice one, Stubbo it's been a long time since we had a double on the site. I was out yesterday and I don't want to say it but a Jack save me from a
blank (again!).

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:35 pm

psion wrote:Nice one, Stubbo it's been a long time since we had a double on the site. I was out yesterday and I don't want to say it but a Jack save me from a
blank (again!).
was up your neck of the woods yesterday where you seen me pal Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Nice pike stubbo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it's getting bad with all these jacks and no big girls coming out pale pale
I also had a saved day with just one jack about 5lb yesterday they are all welcome but it would be nice to get one that really pulled back lol!
Tight lines everyone smile
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:01 pm

I made the long journey down to South Staffordshire to fish one of my clubs waters on Thursday. It's a relatively lightly fished 20+acre shallow water that was formed as a result of subsidence from the nearby mines. I've been hearing consistent reports about its potential and it has a history of producing big Bream, Tench and Carp along with some decent Pike.

I arrived at first light and knew as soon as I looked at the colour of the water it would be a difficult day, as it resembled a cup of tea after all the rain of the last few weeks, apparently is normally gin clear. I had a bit of a mooch round and settled on the 3rd peg round, as it looked pretty good and with the gusty wind pushing down this end, it gave me plenty of water to go at. Oily and bloody baits would be the order of the day so as to leave a nice scent and blood trail for any Pike to pick up on. The session itself was hard going, I tried all my normal tactics and had all but resigned myself to a blank when I noticed that a Grebe had started to work this end of the lake. Shortly after the right hand rod with a Lamprey head was away, and a nice fat looking Pike of 10Lbs 2oz was in the net and the dreaded blank had been avoided.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0324Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0325
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:37 pm

David Wynne wrote:I made the long journey down to South Staffordshire to fish one of my clubs waters on Thursday. It's a relatively lightly fished 20+acre shallow water that was formed as a result of subsidence from the nearby mines. I've been hearing consistent reports about its potential and it has a history of producing big Bream, Tench and Carp along with some decent Pike.

I arrived at first light and knew as soon as I looked at the colour of the water it would be a difficult day, as it resembled a cup of tea after all the rain of the last few weeks, apparently is normally gin clear. I had a bit of a mooch round and settled on the 3rd peg round, as it looked pretty good and with the gusty wind pushing down this end, it gave me plenty of water to go at. Oily and bloody baits would be the order of the day so as to leave a nice scent and blood trail for any Pike to pick up on. The session itself was hard going, I tried all my normal tactics and had all but resigned myself to a blank when I noticed that a Grebe had started to work this end of the lake. Shortly after the right hand rod with a Lamprey head was away, and a nice fat looking Pike of 10Lbs 2oz was in the net and the dreaded blank had been avoided.

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0324Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Img_0325
well done pal its really hard going pal , looking at your water and that ripple think I would have gone for the drifter approach , that if its deep enough and your not upsetting any other anglers that way your covering a lot of water and sometimes a moving bait can make the difference
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:02 am

Sorry I didn't see you Stubbo I think I was the only one on the water.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:52 am

psion wrote:Sorry I didn't see you Stubbo I think I was the only one on the water.
just sent you pm
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:46 pm

adie1200 wrote:Nice pike stubbo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  it's getting bad with all these jacks and no big girls coming out pale pale
I also had a saved day with just one jack about 5lb yesterday they are all welcome but it would be nice to get one that really pulled back lol!
Tight lines everyone smile
that's what I have been catching pal ....just jacks and the odd double just stick with it and pick the venue where you know there in there ......everything comes to him who waits ........ gone fishing
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 pm

I am very very close to posting pictures of past captures to prove to you guys I used to be able to catch Razz Razz Razz Razz
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Empty another good session they were havin it

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:00 pm

will show pics  shortly folks smile was
5 fish........ 10-12lb 14lb 18lb plus 2 jacks ..... best session for a while
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 am

Brilliant stubbo Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Nice fish glad someone's catching. Out Friday don't know where yet studying the forecast

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

I am off to Scotland for 3 days tomorrow wish me luck

Last edited by psion on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
Well lads,  missed one,  then 13lb,  then missed another,  then lost a possible high double/20 at the net,   then lost another good double at range.  I was just about to throw the gear in the lough when the drifter went.   21lb 4oz beauty. My first of 2018 and 4th for the season. happy Andy tonight Wink

Anybody Catching part one - Page 37 Dsc00913
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Well In Andy very nice pike mate Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin