PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part two

+6
mattjb
David Wynne
adie1200
lowdouble
psion
stubbo
10 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part two

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:34 am

psion wrote:Nice fish. I am now regretting my decision to have three weeks off as we are now in Tier four. There are two commercial waters
near me that I can fish, one I have fished three times and not had a bite the other I have not fished before. Wish me luck..... if I go!!
if its the fishery where you seen me a few years ago , had some cracking sessions on there fish to twenty and multiple catches too  just needs to be ice free ,to get on the right pegs as you said you didn't have a bite on one , so it might not be the fishery in question as this water is a prolific pike runs water on the right day....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:11 pm

Yes it is the water we met up on but for some reason its not be good for me and I have not been back for a few years.
I did hear a rumour that they restock with pike putting fifty in each lake.
A lot of theses commercial waters a shalow and I think they don't fish well when it's to cold. I will have to have a look at the forecast next week.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigi113 Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:14 pm

psion wrote:I was tidying up my fishing box going through my traces when I came across my kebab rig which I have to say I have
not used for sometime. My question is, has anyone on here had any success using them?  I think I have caught using them
and like the fact that they pop up. I don't think they are better than a normal dead bait but good way of using up old bits of bait.

I never had a fish on them, think I gave them a good try, The other thing I got about the same time was them things that look like cage feeder with sponge in them what you pump your liquid fish flavours into cannot say if they worked or not but you pays your money you never know your luck Laughing Laughing
Tigi113
Tigi113

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:42 pm

psion wrote:Yes it is the water we met up on but for some reason its not be good for me and I have not been back for a few years.
I did hear a rumour that they restock with pike putting fifty in each lake.
A lot of theses commercial waters a shalow and I think they don't fish well when it's to cold. I will have to have a look at the forecast next week.
a while back I was having good fish on the bigger lake to 26lb and up to 15 fish a day between me and my mate , when I signed out and reported my  catches they looked at me as I was lying  , I took pictures of all my catches that day and I was one of my best days piking as regards to weight , think it was over 100lb pike  between us ........like I said there was a 30lb  fish but not in the big lake , I actually spoke to the man who caught it and he produced the photo of a very old looking pike with a very slack gut...... a big fish all said and done, it must have been a beast in its day .......   a have sent you a private message with other waters in your area.....the last one on the list is very interesting ......sent you another pm as I miss spelt the name
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty fishing lockdown

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:24 pm

here we go again , apparently we cant go fishing ......total bollox if you ask me
but we can mix with thousands in the supermarkets .....brilliant truly brilliant...... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty get out fishing ....green light

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:49 pm

just been informed we can now go forth and fish as long as we stay within the guidelines , so no double bivving up boys.. on some of the pegs designed for one bivvy....this is what could cock it up for all of us anglers and no weed partys on the banks .......sorry to have a rant but its not going to help the angling in the whole , we could have this privilege taken away from us in an instant ..........I see this all the time ......but its the minority as usual ............... Shocked .
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:13 pm

stubbo wrote: just been informed we can now go forth and fish as long as we stay within the guidelines , so no double bivving up boys.. on some of the pegs designed for one bivvy....this is what could cock it up for all of us anglers and no weed partys on the banks .......sorry to have a rant but its not going to help the angling in the whole , we could have this privilege taken away from us in an instant ..........I see this all the time ......but its the minority  as usual ............... Shocked .

Fortunately in the clubs I'm in the cold weather tends to weed out the chaff. This time of year you only get the diehard (insane Pike anglers Very Happy ) out on the banks. The main thing to keep in mind if fishing public access waters, is to socially distance yourself from any other anglers at all time. There is some incredibly sneaky people out there, who'd report anglers at the drop of a hat.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Tigi113 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:17 pm

David Wynne wrote:
stubbo wrote: just been informed we can now go forth and fish as long as we stay within the guidelines , so no double bivving up boys.. on some of the pegs designed for one bivvy....this is what could cock it up for all of us anglers and no weed partys on the banks .......sorry to have a rant but its not going to help the angling in the whole , we could have this privilege taken away from us in an instant ..........I see this all the time ......but its the minority  as usual ............... Shocked .

Fortunately in the clubs I'm in the cold weather tends to weed out the chaff. This time of year you only get the diehard (insane Pike anglers Very Happy ) out on the banks. The main thing to keep in mind if fishing public access waters, is to socially distance yourself from any other anglers at all time. There is some incredibly sneaky people out there, who'd report anglers at the drop of a hat.
your right dave on that one pal .
one Warrington club water has a lot of RSPB  bird watchers on it on the weekends and believe me they are not only watching the wildlife
you probably know the carp waters in question , one of them actually commented to me , a carp bivvy across the lake had six guys inside sheltering from a snow flurry , a wonder what the angling trust would think about it , like I said before not a bailiff in sight .... as regards to public access  these bird watching guys are all over the place actually on fishing pegs with there very high tech cameras and binos , and drones have made a appearance too......but come summer you have no chance of fishing your favourite peg  due to pre booked carp guys day and night.........it may sound like have a problem with carp bivvy boys  ......but they don't know what they are missing there are so many other types of fish and fishing methods ...its a case of the young lads getting into fishing for the first time only think its carp or carp or carp ......caught plenty of carp myself but mainly by accident as there are really easy to catch and will take most baits .......everyone to there own I suppose
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty quiet on here this season

Post  stubbo Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:21 pm

I know its hard going lads with all the restrictions and the corvid threat always looming , but pick yourselves up and get out if you can it will do wonders for your mental health, don't get me wrong its hard going at the moment , but they will feed even if its really cold , just make the most of it , lots of waters are frozen , but pick a large still water or river you could be in with a chance
fish local so not to break any rules and stay safe .....[img]Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Change10[/img][img][img:18b1]https://i.servimg.com/u/f75/14/78/59/02/change11.jpg[/im[img][url=https://servimg.com/view/14785902/601]Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Change12[/img]g][/url][/img] you might have noticed I was using mono on the trace , this rig was intended for catching perch , but a very small pike took it first , but I would advise to use a wire if pike are present......
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty local river venue

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm

went to a local river venue  today , a place I should fish more but rarely do and its right on my doorstep too
there were plenty of anglers on there today but the results were poor due to the low temps and a lot of rainwater flowing through
had probably 3 hours on the lure , but no follows ....had a good look around and walked a few miles and found some nice looking swims
so I will go back and fish this place when conditions improve ......just nice to be out and about Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:44 pm

At least its nice to see a few fish lads, thankyou Very Happy i havent been out for a month due to both my children buying houses, and me being fairly good at DIY and decorating lol. I hope to get out to the one venue within 5km of my house ASAP, Good luck and Happy New Year Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:35 pm

lowdouble wrote:At least its nice to see a few fish lads,  thankyou Very Happy    i havent been out for a month due to both my children buying houses,  and me being fairly good at DIY and decorating lol.   I hope to get out to the one venue within 5km of my house ASAP,   Good luck and Happy New Year Very Happy
I know the feeling mate been working on my sons house since he got it , and still working on it now on and off , but family comes first in my book , you will have plenty of time to fish andy .....the weathers crap anyway and its hard going at the moment with all this rain...... Twisted Evil
stubbo
stubbo

lowdouble likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty cold 4 hours fishing

Post  stubbo Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:37 pm

been out today to a local venue , not fished here for about 2 years and i have done well in the past , but not today..... a big fat nothing
the venue froze over last night so could only fish the margins , which is not the norm on this venue......at least its didn't rain 8)and it got me out of the house for a few hours Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

David Wynne likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty out again today

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:01 pm

been out to a big venue close by , it resulted in 1 missed run , only done 4 hours today
at least i had a run today.......things are looking up lol! lol! lol!
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Look's like you are the only one on here that's venturing out at the moment. I was thinking the other day that I was not missing much
with are this bad weather. You have to be in it to win it hope you have better luck next time.

psion

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:45 am

Unlucky Stubbo, but as mentioned at least you're able to venture out occasionally which is these times is a real bonus. I'd take a blank sitting in the cold any day at the moment.

I'm hoping that some restrictions maybe lifted here in Wales on the 22nd February and that we're able to get a few weeks before the Pike season shuts again. There has been some positive news with the Astra Zeneca vaccine working against transmission rates and cases rapidly reducing, so in all honesty all the UK governments should be looking to ease restrictions asap. If I don't get that small window of opportunity, I'll be packing the Pike gear away and getting the Bream, Tench and Catfish gear ready for an early start.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:25 pm

David Wynne wrote:Unlucky Stubbo, but as mentioned at least you're able to venture out occasionally which is these times is a real bonus. I'd take a blank sitting in the cold any day at the moment.

I'm hoping that some restrictions maybe lifted here in Wales on the 22nd February and that we're able to get a few weeks before the Pike season shuts again. There has been some positive news with the Astra Zeneca vaccine working against transmission rates and cases rapidly reducing, so in all honesty all the UK governments should be looking to ease restrictions asap. If I don't get that small window of opportunity, I'll be packing the Pike gear away and getting the Bream, Tench and Catfish gear ready for an early start.
hope you are able to get out soon dave , its hard going at the moment with all this rain , the water levels are well up , but i just needed to wet a line cant stand sitting indoors even when the weathers inclement .....like you said ad rather blank than sit in........ think im on my 3rd blank too
targeting a big venue close by for one big girl and i know i have to put the hours in on here......Very Happy but i will stick at it
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty lovely day out today

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:44 pm

been out today on a lovely local venue , but not an easy water........ but there are a few big girls to be ha[img]Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Pennys10[/img]d ....thats if they have not been poached..... not a sniff
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:49 pm

psion wrote:Look's like you are the only one on here that's venturing out at the moment. I was thinking the other day that I was not missing much
with are this bad weather. You have to be in it to win it hope you have better luck next time.
your right pal
really hard going at the moment only had 1 run in 3 sessions .....but it should get better if the rain subsides a bit ..... Sad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:16 am

Nice. Makes me want to get my rods out.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:17 pm

psion wrote:Nice.  Makes me want to get my rods out.
the temps were 12c today pal get them out i say
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:32 am

I think don't it will be next but I am thinking about the week after. It will be three weeks since I had my vaccination so that should help.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:22 pm

Well lads I did manage a few session between glossing and fillering lol.    Once last week which was a real head cleanser and tired bones healing kind of day Very Happy     8 fish landed and 3 good upper doubles topped by a beautiful 19lb 7oz.    yesterday i managed 5 fish with just a single fish over 10lb at 13lb 4oz,   It just felt like i wasnt doing the right things so today i returned with a better plan and the right baits i hoped.    well within 5 minutes I had my second 20lb+ on mackerel,  10 minutes later and on the same mackerel head bait i had a 17lb 11oz,   followed again inside 10 minutes with a 10lb fish on the same head:shock: Shocked Shocked Shocked    Then followed a 4lb pike on a small roach and then NOTHING for 7 hours.   I wont moan too much lol  
Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Dsc01112
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

adie1200 and David Wynne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:41 pm

lowdouble wrote:Well lads I did manage a few session between glossing and fillering lol.    Once last week which was a real head cleanser and tired bones healing kind of day Very Happy     8 fish landed and 3 good upper doubles topped by a beautiful 19lb 7oz.    yesterday i managed 5 fish with just a single fish over 10lb at 13lb 4oz,   It just felt like i wasnt doing the right things so today i returned with a better plan and the right baits i hoped.    well within 5 minutes I had my second 20lb+ on mackerel,  10 minutes later and on the same mackerel head bait i had a 17lb 11oz,   followed again inside 10 minutes with a 10lb fish on the same head:shock: Shocked Shocked Shocked    Then followed a 4lb pike on a small roach and then NOTHING for 7 hours.   I wont moan too much lol  
Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Dsc01112
good going that andy
its been really hard going pal with all this rain and snow melt up...just cant get to a decent venue due to travel restrictions
good chubby fish andy...wellin mate
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Empty out again today local hard water

Post  stubbo Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 <a href=Anybody Catching part two - Page 5 Penny_10" />                     went back to the big hard venue today , but fished in a shallow bay this time
this could be a jack sniffing out a big female in the weedy shallows  ....at last a fish be it a small fish..... but who cares
so glad of a fish any size ...this is my forth visit to this venue resulting in this one fish

Last edited by stubbo on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
stubbo
stubbo

lowdouble and David Wynne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next