PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part two

+6
mattjb
David Wynne
adie1200
lowdouble
psion
stubbo
10 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part two

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:22 pm

psion wrote:When I had a boat I tried for years to catch a ferox with no luck. I would have liked to fish big Roach but freshwater baits are banned in most of the Lake District.
Which reminds me the EA changed the wording from coarse baits to freshwater baits a few years ago - I remember phoning the National Parks to ask for clarification, it took a few weeks for a spokesman from the EA to get back to me and he said they are "fish that do not go back to the sea after spawning". Mind you I haven't seen a EA bailiff in years!!
me too mate , seen even less on the lockdown , that's when all the scalleys were targeting the quiet waters and a few rivers too ..........you would think they would be out and about then ......prime time to catch people without a licences .........but maybe I have it wrong..... Rolling Eyes
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty the virus ......OMG

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:47 pm

OMG ....  not been watching the news for a few days ....now its on tier 4  ...what's going on with this pandemic  now they are saying there's a new virus which is 70 per cent more spreadable ..... and Boris has cancelled Christmas .....and there a lot of people having bad reactions to the new vaccine now ....they will probably close all the borders leading up to the Christmas period ...........think I need to lie down Crying or Very sad ...
it doesn't make sense ........Boris seems to be more concerned over the brexit crisis .............I've said it before if people stop moving about so does the virus ........that's why London is most affected they just wont listen.... the communities are still mixing together..... as if there is not a problem .....rant over........ I don't care what Boris bans over Christmas they will all still meet up over Christmas and kill thousands more older people  and people with ill health..........
sorry guys I think I am turning into a victor meldew............ What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:29 pm

stubbo wrote:OMG ....  not been watching the news for a few days ....now its on tier 4  ...what's going on with this pandemic  now they are saying there's a new virus which is 70 per cent more spreadable ..... and Boris has cancelled Christmas .....and there a lot of people having bad reactions to the new vaccine now ....they will probably close all the borders leading up to the Christmas period ...........think I need to lie down Crying or Very sad ...
it doesn't make sense ........Boris seems to be more concerned over the brexit crisis .............I've said it before if people stop moving about so does the virus ........that's why London is most affected they just wont listen.... the communities are still mixing together..... as if there is not a problem .....rant over........ I don't care what Boris bans over Christmas they will all still meet up over Christmas and kill thousands more older people  and people with ill health..........

I can't find anything on the net about a lot of people having bad reactions to the vaccine just a small percentage having allergic reactions .people who suffer from severe allergic reactions to other things are advised not to have the vaccine.
You are right about people not listening though,there are plenty who seem to live for xmas and won't let anything get in the way of their so called perfect day. I'm not a lover of Xmas myself and am quite happy have a quiet one with no rushing around visiting people and over and done in just one day!
Every time there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with this virus something comes along to blot it out,it's going to be f*****g things up for a fair while yet unfortunately

mattjb

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty not the biggest

Post  pestguard1 Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Not the biggest of pike (from 2 weeks ago ) , but I didn't blank ,she took a large smelt and took of like a bloody express train for about 50-60 yard before she stopped running
Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 13162110
pestguard1
pestguard1

http://www.pestguard1.co.uk

adie1200, lowdouble and David Wynne like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:06 am

Any pike is better than a blank

psion

adie1200 and pestguard1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mattjb Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:38 am

psion wrote:Any pike is better than a blank

Too true! Three in a row for me,a lot to do with poor conditions at the moment and not being able to get to the waters I'd rather fish. I'll keep soldiering on,one run can change everything!

mattjb

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:49 am

mattjb wrote:
psion wrote:Any pike is better than a blank

Too true! Three in a row for me,a lot to do with poor conditions at the moment and not being able to get to the waters I'd rather fish. I'll keep soldiering on,one run can change everything!
December has always been a slow month for me , not for the lack of trying I must add
lost a month piking due to work commitments and a old back problem started up again ....but I will get out shortly ...as we need some Christmas pike pics on here..... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:59 am

mattjb wrote:
stubbo wrote:OMG ....  not been watching the news for a few days ....now its on tier 4  ...what's going on with this pandemic  now they are saying there's a new virus which is 70 per cent more spreadable ..... and Boris has cancelled Christmas .....and there a lot of people having bad reactions to the new vaccine now ....they will probably close all the borders leading up to the Christmas period ...........think I need to lie down Crying or Very sad ...

I can't find anything on the net about a lot of people having bad reactions to the vaccine just a small percentage having allergic reactions .people who suffer from severe allergic reactions to other things are advised not to have the vaccine.
You are right about people not listening though,there are plenty who seem to live for xmas and won't let anything get in the way of their so called perfect day. I'm not a lover of Xmas myself and am quite happy have a quiet one with no rushing around visiting people and over and done in just one day!
Every time there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel with this virus something comes along to blot it out,it's going to be f*****g things up for a fair while yet unfortunately
I know it would never happen , but if every body self isolated for just 2 weeks surely it would stop it in its track , this should have happened months ago ,as this is how the virus spreads with the movement of people....my mate told me the police raided a house somewhere near him , that had 250 people having a party .....this is why it will never go away sadly
stubbo
stubbo

pestguard1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:37 pm

December has always been a hard month for me as well. I have had two weeks off mainly because I could not get my mojo going
also my granddaughter has had Covid so that put a spanner in our Christmas plans.
I am hoping to wet a line Tuesday for a last time this year.
Hope everyone has had as good a Christmas as possible.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:54 pm

psion wrote:December has always been a hard month for me as well. I have had two weeks off mainly because I could not get my mojo going
also my granddaughter has had Covid so that put a spanner in our Christmas plans.
Hope everyone has had as good a Christmas  as possible.
some horrible weather forecast..... snow too
so you might be the first snow pike picture.....good luck
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:18 pm

stubbo wrote:
psion wrote:December has always been a hard month for me as well. I have had two weeks off mainly because I could not get my mojo going

I hope so Steve I love photo's of snow pike  was
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:26 am

adie1200 wrote:
stubbo wrote:

I hope so Steve I love photo's of snow pike  was
snow here this morning , might nip down to the cut before it melts... What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty flood water and snow melt

Post  stubbo Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:03 pm

been out today for a run about to some local venues , most are a muddy colour and high up the banks with water run off the surrounding fields and saturation , typical December conditions.... not good for pike fishing in my book .
It should improve if it stops raining and snowing and the waters should start to clear a bit , I don't want it too clear mind on certain venues which sometimes happens when the temperatures go to low , which then can make it really hard work to catch typically after waters freeze over for weeks ........good luck to all who get out fishing , its better than sitting in watching  crap Christmas telly......hopefully giving it a bash tomorrow ....What a Face  but don't no where yet....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty frozen lakes

Post  pestguard1 Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:20 pm

we have frozen lakes up hear , going to be -4 for the next few days ,so will just have to wait
pestguard1
pestguard1

http://www.pestguard1.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:50 pm

pestguard1 wrote:we have frozen lakes up hear , going to be -4 for the next few days ,so will just have to wait
went out to the local canal which was partly frozen , but sadly not the areas I wanted to fish were fishable , we are warm compered to where you are then Cool
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:44 am

My trip was called off with family commitments. That's three weeks without going fishing not good.
It will be Tuesday next week now that's if we don't go into full lockdown.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:07 pm

I was tidying up my fishing box going through my traces when I came across my kebab rig which I have to say I have
not used for sometime. My question is, has anyone on here had any success using them? I think I have caught using them
and like the fact that they pop up. I don't think they are better than a normal dead bait but good way of using up old bits of bait.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:22 pm

psion wrote:I was tidying up my fishing box going through my traces when I came across my kebab rig which I have to say I have
not used for sometime. My question is, has anyone on here had any success using them?  I think I have caught using them
and like the fact that they pop up. I don't think they are better than a normal dead bait but good way of using up old bits of bait.

I've never had a run on mine when I tried them, despite being on a fairly prolific water. To be honest, I think they are designed to catch the angler rather than the Pike.
David Wynne
David Wynne

adie1200 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:12 pm

psion wrote:My trip was called off with family  commitments. That's three weeks without going fishing not good.
It will be Tuesday next week now that's if we don't go into full lockdown.
we go into tier 4 as of midnight , but the good news is we can still go fishing to local venues only........ no traveling to far off venues........ good luck everyone.. What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:17 pm

psion wrote:I was tidying up my fishing box going through my traces when I came across my kebab rig which I have to say I have
not used for sometime. My question is, has anyone on here had any success using them?  I think I have caught using them

This is something I have been meaning to try for a long time !  I think about it while I am sorting my gear out ready to go and then change my mind when I get there and go back to dead baits a usual lol 
Mick Brown has had quite a bit of success on the Kabab rig I have seen him catch some nice pike on his videos and I asked him if he was really doing well on them last time I saw him and he confirm it so I know they do work  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So thinking about them again I am going to do it on my next outing to see how I can make them work Or not lol
What about you lot ? do you fancy trying it out ? just one rod cast out and leave it until it gets a take or we pack up  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am

adie1200 wrote:

This is something I have been meaning to try for a long time !  I think about it while I am sorting my gear out ready to go and then change my mind when I get there and go back to dead baits a usual lol 
Mick Brown has had quite a bit of success on the Kabab rig I have seen him catch some nice pike on his videos and I asked him if he was really doing well on them last time I saw him and he confirm it so I know they do work  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So thinking about them again I am going to do it on my next outing to see how I can make them work Or not lol funny that I tried a kebab for the first time last night and a really enjoyed it , it was the chicken and garlic one from Iceland .........I recommend it
What about you lot ? do you fancy trying it out ? just one rod cast out and leave it until it gets a take or we pack up  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 Empty no action at all

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:11 am

went out yesterday to a local deep venue ,water was very cold and the temps -2 two float rods out and a popped up ledger rod
fished from 8.am till 12.00 not a sniff.
So changed venue and went to the canal same there 3 hours not a sniff ....like I have said its not my month December , but beats sitting in any day Laughing .....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:50 pm

stubbo wrote:went out yesterday to a local deep venue ,water was very cold and the temps -2 two float rods out and a popped up ledger rod
So changed venue and went to the canal  same there 3 hours not a sniff ....like I have said its not my month December , but beats sitting in any day Laughing .....

Everywhere's ground to a halt at present mate, I'm on a run of blanks now and it looks like most places are going to have a lid on them for a while, with this cold spell forecast to last at least another week. I did manage a couple of fish out of a new venue I've started targeting before the Welsh lockdown, the best being this 12Lbs 7oz fish.

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 0fc14e10
David Wynne
David Wynne

adie1200 and lowdouble like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:02 pm

David Wynne wrote:
stubbo wrote:went out yesterday to a local deep venue ,water was very cold and the temps -2 two float rods out and a popped up ledger rod
So changed venue and went to the canal  same there 3 hours not a sniff ....like I have said its not my month December , but beats sitting in any day Laughing .....

Everywhere's ground to a halt at present mate, I'm on a run of blanks now and it looks like most places are going to have a lid on them for a while, with this cold spell forecast to last at least another week. I did manage a couple of fish out of a new venue I've started targeting before the Welsh lockdown, the best being this 12Lbs 7oz fish.

Anybody Catching part two - Page 4 0fc14e10
nice fish dave the back ground looks familiar ,is it you know where we have both fished.....nice conditioned pike
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 am

Nice fish. I am now regretting my decision to have three weeks off as we are now in Tier four. There are two commercial waters
near me that I can fish, one I have fished three times and not had a bite the other I have not fished before. Wish me luck..... if I go!!

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next