PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quiet on here this winter season

5 posters

Go down

quiet on here this winter season  Empty quiet on here this winter season

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:15 am

never seen the forum so quiet as of this year , I know people are keeping safe because of the crisis and probably not getting out fishing due to weather conditions , , hope everyone is ok but the ice has gone here and the temps are up to 9c so things are looking up ........just hope we don't get the beast from the east that's what I have heard coming our way .....that's going to scupper my plans for a big girl on a very big water in mind.....Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

quiet on here this winter season  Empty Re: quiet on here this winter season

Post  adie1200 Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:08 pm

Its been a funny old year hasn't it  Shocked Shocked Shocked and i for one hope its over very soon and we never have to witness another one like it  pale pale pale
I haven't been out for weeks now and was hoping to get out last week on Thursday but guess what lol we were snowed in and most of our local waters were frozen over  affraid
Anyway I am hoping to get out sometime in the next few days so fingers crossed I can find somewhere local that's ice free with some pike in it  scratch   We shall see  lol!

Good luck to anyone else that manages to get out  Very Happy
And lets hope things start to pickup for everyone fishing and in life and in general  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigi113 Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

The fields are flooded now, the banks are water logged and the river is unfishable, even if I had somewhere to fish I would stick with stay at home saying for next three days...Storm Christoph threatens heavy rain and gale force winds....good luck if you can get out and catch afew..
Tigi113
Tigi113

Back to top Go down

quiet on here this winter season  Empty keep safe

Post  stubbo Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:49 pm

the main focus really is to stay safe in these final months leading up to the vaccination countdown, then there should be some relief from all the madness that's going on , at the moment you just cant plan anything , never mind getting to a decent pike water .
me thinks by next winter things should be a lot more normal as regards to traveling about , but it will never be the same as before....... Shocked
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:19 am

You are right, Stubbo, we all need to stay safe so we can enjoy more fishing later in the year. I have decided not go fishing
till a least next month or maybe March. I am over 70 so hoping to get my jab in the next few weeks.
You never know, I may get a trip up to Scotland before the end of the season. I could go up in April if the weather
not to warm. If not, I will have a go at catfish fishing again.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 am

I've got the eminent leader Mark Drakeford ruining my chances of going fishing, as I have to walk to my nearest venue and can't cross the border into England. Problem is, although the vaccine in England is getting rolled out at an impressive rate (don't get me onto Wales efforts Evil or Very Mad ) and increasing signs we are at the peak and arguably over the worse. I really don't see any willingness on the governments to show us an exit stategy and give the public something to aim for.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 pm

David Wynne wrote:I've got the eminent leader Mark Drakeford ruining my chances of going fishing, as I have to walk to my nearest venue and can't cross the border into England. Problem is, although the vaccine in England is getting rolled out at an impressive rate (don't get me onto Wales efforts Evil or Very Mad ) and increasing signs we are at the peak and arguably over the worse. I really don't see any willingness on the governments to show us an exit stategy and give the public something to aim for.
lets face it Dave , people are doing the opposite of what the guidelines are , still having party's not wearing face coverings in shops , and a lot of disrespecting behaviour going on as regards to distancing , some people just don't give a xxxx......what chance have we got to slow the spread long-term:: and as regards to people staying in .....there are people every where at the week ends walking about for miles
last week I went to a local river venue with a public path close by ......it was like Blackpool promenade, thousands of people milling about and not a mask in site........they where that close to me , I had a mask on myself whilst fishing....... Neutral
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:19 am

I honestly think the public are genuinely lockdown fatigued and when there is no end target, people will then just think sod it, I've had enough now and ignore the rules. I think Boris and his advisors are acutely aware of this now, hence no further tightening of restrictions last week. The only way out of the mess is the vaccine and to be fair to Boris, he's trying to get it done, but even he needs to ramp it up much quicker. Mark Drakeford in Wales is a joke and living here is pretty grim at the moment and the amount of people who are genuinely angry with Drakefords handling of the vaccine roll out is growing by the day.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:41 am

Most of the time when I go fishing I never see another soul but just before the full lockdown I visited three lakes and all the best swims
where taken so I came home.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 pm

David Wynne wrote:I honestly think the public are genuinely lockdown fatigued and when there is no end target, people will then just think sod it, I've had enough now and ignore the rules. I think Boris and his advisors are acutely aware of this now, hence no further tightening of restrictions last week. The only way out of the mess is the vaccine and to be fair to Boris, he's trying to get it done, but even he needs to ramp it up much quicker. Mark Drakeford in Wales is a joke and living here is pretty grim at the moment and the amount of people who are genuinely angry with Drakefords handling of the vaccine roll out is growing by the day.
You're right there Dave ,we are all fed up to the back teeth with it,  its a nightmare where we are at the moment , police are actually seizing cars and slapping covid stickers on the vehicles
think they have been bubbled up and been stopped before, seen one yesterday 4 lads in a car they arrested them and put a sticker on there window  then there car was took away.....how bad is that.....hope there is light at the end of the tunnel mate .....but keep hearing about mutant variant type covid virus witch stops you making antibody's.....clever virus this one it keeps on adapting to survive.....when will it all end Dave Rolling Eyes ...........
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:22 pm

I had my vaccinations today and I am hoping the wife will get hers next weeks. I will feel happy to go fishing again then.
I think it will be March but I think it will still be somewhere local.

psion

lowdouble likes this post

Back to top Go down

quiet on here this winter season  Empty the jab of freedom

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:49 am

psion wrote:I had my vaccinations today and I am hoping the wife will get hers next weeks. I will feel happy to go fishing again then.
I think it will be March but I think it will still be somewhere local.
glad you have had your jab pal ....do they tell you which one you have had.... or do you have a choice of what's out there. Silly question really but you never know .......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:06 am

Good stuff Psion.

My dad (83) father in law (82) and step mum (89) all live close to me in Wales, and despite the posturing in the media by the Welsh government, none have even heard when they'll receive the 1st jab. From where I'm sitting in North Wales the roll out of the vaccine is not reaching the desired age groups.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 pm

That's not good David I don't know why that's happening. I had the Pfizer vaccine I don't think you get a choice.
We also became a great grandparents again today, 2021 is looking better all ready.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm

David Wynne wrote:Good stuff Psion.

My dad (83) father in law (82) and step mum (89) all live close to me in Wales, and despite the posturing in the media by the Welsh government, none have even heard when they'll receive the 1st jab. From where I'm sitting in North Wales the roll out of the vaccine is not reaching the desired age groups.
Dave its a total farce pal  that dripford is a joke mate ..... wants voting out me thinks
think they have given out nearly 6 million jabs up to now ,but none in wales disgraceful Dave....
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:54 pm

psion wrote:That's not good David I don't know why that's happening. I had the Pfizer vaccine I don't think you get a choice.
We also became a great grandparents again today,  2021 is looking better all ready.
congratulations pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 pm

David Wynne wrote:I honestly think the public are genuinely lockdown fatigued and when there is no end target, people will then just think sod it, I've had enough now and ignore the rules. I think Boris and his advisors are acutely aware of this now, hence no further tightening of restrictions last week. The only way out of the mess is the vaccine and to be fair to Boris, he's trying to get it done, but even he needs to ramp it up much quicker. Mark Drakeford in Wales is a joke and living here is pretty grim at the moment and the amount of people who are genuinely angry with Drakefords handling of the vaccine roll out is growing by the day.
restrictions have got even worse , they have started handing out 800 pounds fines here where i am , one guy got 10,000 fine close to where i live.....organised a party of sorts.... What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down