PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found Lost Lure

+4
noz
tiggerhawktrainer
tootall
Chumley Warner
8 posters

Go down

Found Lost Lure Empty Found Lost Lure

Post  Chumley Warner Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:33 pm

I found a Slider I lost months ago this morning floating in the margins of my local river. The odd thing was it was about a mile upstream from where I lost it. I know its mine as I put an F or S on the side of all of my salmos as I hate getting the wrong ones on.

I know its a bit daft but Im well chuffed. If lures could talk eh lol!
Chumley Warner
Chumley Warner

Back to top Go down

Found Lost Lure Empty Re: Found Lost Lure

Post  tootall Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:31 pm

lol...i like that story...

most of my lost ones end up dangling off the tips of tree branches waiting for fortunate boat anglers to collect them...
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  tiggerhawktrainer Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Chumley Warner wrote:I found a Slider I lost months ago this morning floating in the margins of my local river. The odd thing was it was about a mile upstream from where I lost it. I know its mine as I put an F or S on the side of all of my salmos as I hate getting the wrong ones on.

I know its a bit daft but Im well chuffed. If lures could talk eh lol!
lol nice one m8 all my lures end up in trees i spent loads on lures and still never cort a pike lol
tiggerhawktrainer
tiggerhawktrainer

Back to top Go down

Found Lost Lure Empty lure retrieval

Post  noz Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm

I carry a pair of plastic secateurs and a folding pruning saw, it is amazing what you can recover with these!!
Noz.

noz

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:04 am

lol noz the banks of the don will be bear if you go down.good idea though

do you do topory to the tree before you leave like sissorhands ? lol!
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Found Lost Lure Empty Lost lures

Post  noz Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:39 pm

I only ever cut the minimum and then only as a last resort. As I make my own lures and spinners, I regard them as disposable. The lure that was found upstream : I reckon somebody found it, then used it near where it was found and then also lost it. I wonder how much gear is recycled this way?
Regards, Noz.

noz

Back to top Go down

Found Lost Lure Empty lost lures

Post  siwood99 Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 am

For all of you that have lost lures the ends of the branches, you should get a cannoe like me, great for getting your expensive lures back and also a bit of fishing in hard to get to area's ( but be carfull they arn't the stabalist of crafts) i have nearly gone in a few times What a Face
siwood99
siwood99

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 am

siwood99 wrote:For all of you that have lost lures the ends of the branches, you should get a cannoe like me, great for getting your expensive lures back and also a bit of fishing in hard to get to area's ( but be carfull they arn't the stabalist of crafts) i have nearly gone in a few times What a Face

or just up the braid leader strength, its lighter to carry for a start Laughing
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  esoxjeff Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm

siwood99 wrote:For all of you that have lost lures the ends of the branches, you should get a cannoe like me, great for getting your expensive lures back and also a bit of fishing in hard to get to area's ( but be carfull they arn't the stabalist of crafts) i have nearly gone in a few times What a Face

i no what you mean siwood99, gets the old heart pumping affraid
esoxjeff
esoxjeff

Back to top Go down

Post  siwood99 Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am

esoxjeff wrote:

If you look at the picture on my profile, the pike in the picture was caught on the cannoe. The pike dragged me round for twenty minuets (proper scary) no brakes on a cannoe 24lb though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
siwood99
siwood99

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:56 pm

siwood99 wrote:
esoxjeff wrote:

If you look at the picture on my profile, the pike in the picture was caught on the cannoe. The pike dragged me round for twenty minuets (proper scary) no brakes on a cannoe 24lb though Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

rig an anchor/mudweight on a pulley system
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down