PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

+5
adie1200
noodle
Bazz
Andy Webster
Steve French
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Empty New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi

I am a South African immegrant who used to do mostly sea fishing before relocating to the UK.
I am currently living in Hindley, Wigan and am not doing half as much fishing as I was used to or would like to do. This is mainly due to the fact that I don't have any fishing mates and don't really know the spots or the ropes.
I have decided that I would really like to get into the Pike fishing scene and have my own transport and plenty of fishing gear.
Let me know if you live in the same area and are interested in hooking up for some pike fishing...........

Tight Lines
Duane

Back to top Go down

New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Empty Re: New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

Post  Steve French Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Welcome to the forum Duane, thats some fish you have there! Shocked i live over in Lincolnshire, about 2 hours away from sunny Wigan, your more than welcome to call over if its not too far.

Steve French

Back to top Go down

New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Empty Re: New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!!

Post  Andy Webster Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Duane and welcome to the forum

The South Lancashire region of the Pike Anglers Club is based in Wigan.

The next meeting is this Wednesday night at The Caledonian, Bolton Road, Ashton in Makerfield, WN4 8PF.

The Organiser, Jon Neafcy, runs a very active region with lots of trips, guest speakers and pike teach-ins. Make them your first port of call, you will be made very welcome, and let us know how you get on.

Andy Webster (Peb)

Andy Webster

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Duane.

Hows that for help, two members posting info and an invite for you already. Good bunch on here Wink

There are several members on here quite close to you in Wigan, born at Ormskirk myself with relatives in Southport.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Jeez chaps, didn't expect such a warm welcome and must thank you guys for the constructive responses. Very Happy
I will definately attend tomorrow evening if I can get away from work early enough. What time does the meeting start?
I have been over here for 15 months, have hardly done any fishing in that time, and cannot wait to get involved in the pike action which this country has to offer. To say that I am going through fishing withdrawals would be a huge understatement!

Many Thanks
Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Looks a good Blog but they have missed posting a time...? Shocked

Ours & others I have attended eg. Lincoln are: arrive 7-7.30pm for an 8pm start. Maybe Noodle off here can help, he's in your 'neck of the woods'. Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 pm

The gathering will start for around 7pm. Speakers usually star at 8-ish. Don't worry about getting there late, Jon will be propping up the bar till 11 or so.

Peb

Andy Webster

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:38 pm

must be nice having north west angling centre as your local tackle shop lol

there is a region 31 meeting tomorrow its about zander membership to the region costs a tenner and to get into the meetings is a few quid (even if your not a member)

anyway im a fellow wiganer (in st helens) so may see you around lol
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Duane flower

You wont go wrong on here mate its a great forum with a good bunch of lads & lasses Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Welcome aboard Duane. I was born in Johannesburg myself. I couldn't tell you much about it mind you. My family returned to Scotland when I was just a wee bairn.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Sad ABSOLUTELY GUTTED - had problems on a job, just got in from work, and have not managed to get to the sugested meeting like I was intending to!!!
Oh well, I will definately be taking my tackle and trying to find a patch of water that has pike in it this weekend - have decided that I just need to get out there and start trying with the aid of the pike fishing information that I have managed to gather on this site and the net so far..............if there is one thing that I have learnt over the years, it is that a fisherman who works hard at targetting fish will eventually be rewarded with finding them........

PM me if anyone in the Wigan area has any suggestions or would like to join...................be warned that I have plenty to learn about pike fishing and will probably drive you mad with questions....... Exclamation Question

Tight Lines
Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:22 pm

duane wrote:Sad ABSOLUTELY GUTTED - had problems on a job, just got in from work, and have not managed to get to the sugested meeting like I was intending to!!!
Oh well, I will definately be taking my tackle and trying to find a patch of water that has pike in it this weekend - have decided that I just need to get out there and start trying with the aid of the pike fishing information that I have managed to gather on this site and the net so far..............if there is one thing that I have learnt over the years, it is that a fisherman who works hard at targetting fish will eventually be rewarded with finding them........

PM me if anyone in the Wigan area has any suggestions or would like to join...................be warned that I have plenty to learn about pike fishing and will probably drive you mad with questions....... Exclamation Question

Tight Lines
Duane

you have pm
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Duane, if Noodle's PM is an invite to go pike fishing, take him up on it mate. You won't go wrong with Noodle, even if he is a complete bore at times... Smile

He does know his pike.

....Andy....
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have a good session....with Noodle or alone Very Happy Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks guys..............just getting to know everyone and everyone getting to know me I think - am sure the invites will follow as a matter of course....................can't just trust any old newbie yeah? Laughing
Jokes aside, Noodle has already been of assistance and I am sure we will get to meet in person as things progress....

Thanks once again for the warm welcome - i have really been made to feel welcome.

Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 am

put him onto some waters not too far away and the offer of a day on a welsh glacial (lol) if there is space in a car

duane get those photos up here some good looking fish
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:08 pm

noodle wrote:put him onto some waters not too far away and the offer of a day on a welsh glacial (lol) if there is space in a car

duane get those photos up here some good looking fish

Some gamefish (Garrick) I used to get quite often on lure in one of the local estuaries in my hometown in South Africa.
You will notice the yellow tag in the fish - I used to tag for the Oceanographic Institute.........
I used to also fish competitively for a long time and even did a bit of guiding for tourists etc the last year or two before coming over here.
Got quite a few pics of fishing / fish caught in South Africa if you guys are interested.............
[img]New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Garrick_1[/img][img]New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Garrick_2[/img][img]New to the game........Angling mates wanted desperately!!! Garrick_3[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 pm

lucky sod Very Happy lets see the rest then....
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:55 pm

greg wrote:lucky sod Very Happy lets see the rest then....

I will go through all my pics over the weekend and post some more for those who are interested............ only thing is that this is a pike forum and I haven't caught one yet so don't have any pike pics..... Sad .......hopefully that will change after my planned fishing trip this weekend....... Very Happy
(hope there aren't any rules against posting pics of other fish???)

Duane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Very Happy well you picked the right man to speek to "noodle" he knows his stuff.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 pm

greg wrote:Very Happy well you picked the right man to speek to "noodle" he knows his stuff.

I have been told this a few times already.............must be some merit in the rumour? lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Great fish! We are interested yes, bring 'em on... Very Happy

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Webster Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Pic added to the gallery

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk/gallery/pike053.html

Andy Webster

Andy Webster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Andy Webster wrote:Pic added to the gallery

http://www.pikeangler.co.uk/gallery/pike053.html

Andy Webster

Nice one, thanks for that Andy............. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 am

dont beleive everything you here this is probably my worst pike season ever

most of the lure fishing stuff you know will be transferable, i dont know if the jerkbait style of fishing hit South Africa though so that may be new
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next