PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

treasure island piking

5 posters

Go down

treasure island piking Empty treasure island piking

Post  matt859 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 pm

OK here goes for a suggestion: I sometimes fish at Frisby and there is a large island that will easily accomodate three or four big hairy bottomed pike anglers for a weekend. The owner will ferry anglers out to it in his boat. The island offers access to rarely fished areas and could be a real hotspot. I am planning on fishing there 24/25 March just before the season ends for the venue. Does anyone fancy it?
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

treasure island piking Empty Re: treasure island piking

Post  tomthepiker Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

i might be game for it Very Happy
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

where is this place fella?
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Its just outside Melton Mowbray Leicestershire. Have a look at http://www.celticlakesresortfrisby.co.uk/contact.html#

If you look on google maps its the big comb shaped island opposite the club house.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 pm

matt859 wrote:Its just outside Melton Mowbray Leicestershire. Have a look at http://www.celticlakesresortfrisby.co.uk/contact.html#

If you look on google maps its the big comb shaped island opposite the club house.
Are you a regular there?
I"ve heard they have recently moved the majority of the pike from the boys lake to the main lake including a recently caught big girl?
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Ive been there a few times now but unless I go every two weeks or so for at least a whole year then sadly I cannot be classed as a regular. On the occasions I have been there and spoken to other anglers I have heard nothing about pike being moved and im sure Chay (manager) would not be a very happy bunny if he heard of or saw anglers moving fish. There are pike in both sides, the boys pit has recently had a 24lb come out to a lure angler, that fish went back into the boys pit.
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm

matt859 wrote:Ive been there a few times now but unless I go every two weeks or so for at least a whole year then sadly I cannot be classed as a regular. On the occasions I have been there and spoken to other anglers I have heard nothing about pike being moved and im sure Chay (manager) would not be a very happy bunny if he heard of or saw anglers moving fish. There are pike in both sides, the boys pit has recently had a 24lb come out to a lure angler, that fish went back into the boys pit.
Just checked,the boys lake is being converted to pleasur/match lake(no predators),and most of the pike including the recently caught biggie have been transfered to the main lake.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for that Peter, boy do I feel embarrassed now. Embarassed Embarassed Chay certainly didnt tell me about any of that when we last spoke, and as you know there is not a lot of action on the Frisby forum. But hey lets get some good out of this at least it means there are even more pike in the main lake to catch. Very Happy
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  hurricane Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:18 pm

matt859 wrote:Thanks for that Peter, boy do I feel embarrassed now. Embarassed Embarassed Chay certainly didnt tell me about any of that when we last spoke, and as you know there is not a lot of action on the Frisby forum. But hey lets get some good out of this at least it means there are even more pike in the main lake to catch. Very Happy
Absoloutly and at least 1 thats bigger than the 24 you mentioned.
hurricane
hurricane

Back to top Go down

treasure island piking Empty Treasure Island

Post  piketastic Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 am

Matt, Ive been fishing the venue. Yes Hurricane your right a lovely girl amongst others have just found their way across to the sailing lake . But Ive just done 60 hours , no runs. Although my mates have had a few Jacks. I will be there again soon. Hopefully " good things will come to those that wait".
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down