PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone a little quiet

+11
matt859
admandino
Bazz
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
nopikehere
stubbo
MAD BAD ANGLER
fatcaff
psion
adie1200
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gone a little quiet  - Page 2 Empty One of the best Pike fishing spots in Ontario

Post  Zac Amoroso Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:04 pm

If you guys want big pike, check out Kesagami Wilderness Lodge. I've been guiding there for a couple years now and have yet to see any other spot in Ontario where you can get as many 40"+ Pike as you can there. Not to mention 100+ Walleye days are common there as well. If you want to check it out, I've linked there Website to the post. Kesagami Wilderness Lodge There are many pictures on the site of Pike, Walleye, the lodge itself, and wildlife seen up there. In the picture is me and one of the guests with a 43.5" Pike he caught.

Gone a little quiet  - Page 2 11705213

Zac Amoroso

Back to top Go down

Gone a little quiet  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gone a little quiet

Post  rozzo Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:46 pm

stubbo wrote:
lowdouble wrote:Oh I will be back for her Adie lol.  I have a score to settle now Razz      Honestly Stubbo,  how do you explain to someone who doesn't fish,  the feeling where you lose a big girl?????   Heart wrenching isnt it Crying or Very sad
no that feeling only too well ......worse when its the only bite of the day......muck   at least you seen the fish Very Happy
i still remember vividly my biggest ever miss. she was flippin massive,, not a day goes by that i can't remember the whole sorry episode. i was fishing a drain and had pegged myself on a concrete boat launching ramp where the water was only two feet deep and the width narrowed to 6ft. i cast a half mack as far as i could up the centre of the drain in each direction into 4ft of weedy water. i was skint at the time and my reels were mitchell 300's,, really slow retrieve. i had a drop back on the eastward rod,,, i gave it ten seconds then boom! wound down and hooked the fish,,, my rod bent like never before and i knew it was a great fish. then she turned and swam full pace toward me,,, i wound as fast as i could to keep contact but she was too quick for my crappy reels. she appeared at my feet with loads of slack line,, i swear she looked up at me and said fck you,, not today,, you're not having me today. as she passed me within 3 feet she shook her head and dropped my half mack at my feet. i was so gutted,, she was the biggest pike i have ever seen in thirty five years. i was distraught and packed in and went home. she was my dream fish Cool
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:53 am

Oh Rozzo. that is an absolutely sickening story. i wonder sometimes would we be better off losing a fish without seeing it. Maybe then we could convince ourselves it was only a jack lol. I am guessing you never saw her again.
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 pm

rozzo wrote:
stubbo wrote:
lowdouble wrote:Oh I will be back for her Adie lol.  I have a score to settle now Razz      Honestly Stubbo,  how do you explain to someone who doesn't fish,  the feeling where you lose a big girl?????   Heart wrenching isnt it Crying or Very sad
no that feeling only too well ......worse when its the only bite of the day......muck   at least you seen the fish Very Happy
i still remember vividly my biggest ever miss.  she was flippin massive,, not a day goes by that i can't remember the whole sorry episode.  i was fishing a drain and had pegged myself on a concrete boat launching ramp where the water was only two feet deep and the width narrowed to 6ft.  i cast a half mack as far as i could up the centre of the drain in each direction into 4ft of weedy water.   i was skint at the time and my reels were mitchell 300's,, really slow retrieve.  i had a drop back on the eastward  rod,,, i gave it ten seconds then boom! wound down and hooked the fish,,, my rod bent like never before and i knew it was a great fish. then she turned and swam full pace toward me,,, i wound as fast as i could to keep contact but she was too quick for my crappy reels. she appeared at my feet with loads of slack line,, i swear she looked up at me and said fck you,, not today,, you're not having me today. as she passed me within 3 feet she shook her head and dropped my half mack at my feet.  i was so gutted,, she was the biggest pike i have ever seen in thirty five years. i was distraught and packed in and went home.  she was my dream fish Cool
over the years pal I have lost some monsters at the net but you have to enjoy the fishing next time out , pal I don't lose that many , but when I do it is always the big ones, it will always happen pal sods law... affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:36 pm

I have a theory on this
Especially on lures you have to drill fairly hard!
They have hard jaws, and you need that hook to stay put!
But when we realise it's a large one, we go into, its huge I mustn't lose this one mode
And we ease of, making it easier for the fish to ruin our day
I have landed all my better fish because I really get into my rod and especially on large ones
the ones I lose are usually the jacks that I go overly easy on cause I don't want to bully them with my beast of a jerkbait rod
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:49 pm

dave van dessel wrote:I have a theory on this
Especially on lures you have to drill fairly hard!
They have hard jaws, and you need that hook to stay put!
But when we realise it's a large one, we go into, its huge I mustn't lose this one mode
And we ease of, making it easier for the fish to ruin our day
I have landed all my better fish because I really get into my rod and especially on large ones
the ones I lose are usually the jacks that I go overly easy on cause I don't want to bully them with my beast of a jerkbait rod
your probably spot on there pal,, I say this because that 30 I caught was heading into a huge snag and I knew I had to bully or lose it   and boy did I bully that fish  ......thought the rod was going to snapp at one point   beat it though.......when I say bully the fish you can only do so much on a 2 and a half pound test curve 10 ft boat rod
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:12 pm

My baby is 196 cm 130 gram cast weight (roughly 3,5 pound)
It's all backbone
It's great for big strong fish and it makes my lures come to life with utter control
But smaller fish don't really give sport
But my thinking is I'm casting all day and only drilling a portion of it
That's if I get lucky
And due to the increased precision of directing the lure it ultimately increases my chances for a take
To begin with. and believe me when you nail a big girl next to a submerged branch
You are grateful for every inch of that backbone!
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 pm

dave van dessel wrote:My baby is 196 cm 130 gram cast weight (roughly 3,5 pound)
It's all backbone
It's great for big strong fish and it makes my lures come to life with utter control
But smaller fish don't really give sport
But my thinking is I'm casting all day and only drilling a portion of it
That's if I get lucky
And due to the increased precision of directing the lure it ultimately increases my chances for a take
To begin with. and believe me when you nail a big girl next to a submerged branch
You are grateful for every inch of that backbone!
I might add that I was fishing in 22 ft of water .... float fishing half of mackerel about 25 yards away...... affraid
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2