PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals?

+5
noodle
MAD BAD ANGLER
Andy Macfarlane
Bazz
nickcarpy
9 posters

Go down

trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals? Empty trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals?

Post  nickcarpy Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm

which do you prefere to fish mostly out of them?me,i prefere rivers,then lakes
nickcarpy
nickcarpy

Back to top Go down

trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals? Empty Re: trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals?

Post  Bazz Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Lakes/ponds/pits then Canals then Rivers. I have only fished on Trout lakes for Trout, many years ago. These include Crummoch & Buttermere in the Lake District.

Bazz

Back to top Go down

trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals? Empty Re: trout waters,lakes ,rivers or canals?

Post  Andy Macfarlane Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Never really fished rivers for pike but I can see the attraction for sure. I like the idea of ever changing conditions and having to locate the pike. Not the same but similar to wild lochs.
Canals don't really appeal to me at all. Most are painfully boring to look at and there's very little giving you any indication of where the fish might be. It's OK when you have locks, turning points, docks, marinas etc. giving you some sort of features to look at and fish round etc. but once you're out on the long, rural stretches, it can be very repetitive. I feel the same way about drains. There's very little about them that appeals to me.

....Andy....
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  MAD BAD ANGLER Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

i love small natural lakes. reed lined, with lilly beds or over hanging bushes. next up would be a canal. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:30 pm

big sky waters for me

hate being hemmed in on cramped little pools

dont mind river fishing and im getting into small rivers in a big way (you can jump accross laden with gear on one im really getting onto) and so far ive seen a decent pike or two in it
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tootall Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 pm

I like the drains for productiveness, small tree and reed lined pits for the quiet and rivers for a roaming approach. If i had to choose one tho to fish for the rest of my life it would be the rivers. Very Happy
tootall
tootall

Back to top Go down

Post  adamscott Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 pm

I love river fishing, both big and small. Rivers are alive, always moving and changing.
Next would be big wild waters, always challenging.

Hate canals with a passion, full of nobheads and dogs***t around here.
adamscott
adamscott

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:03 pm

adamscott wrote:I love river fishing, both big and small. Rivers are alive, always moving and changing.
Next would be big wild waters, always challenging.

Hate canals with a passion, full of nobheads and dogs***t around here.

know what you mean

used to work on one of the big canals in the northwest and having to wear full waterproofs on the hottest of days due to dog crap wasnt plesent
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:21 pm

i absolutely adore lakes, the larger the better.
rivers and drains aren't too far behind but i've not really done as well on them in the past (river p.b. 15lb 1oz, drain p.b. 26lb 4oz)
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:19 pm

big pits or reservoirs for me- the more features the better lakes and ponds second then rivers then canals- the only time i fish canals is when i have had tip offs that a few large pike are in specific areas- the match fishermen give me the details Cool

dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down