PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expensive lures

+6
tootall
noodle
Alex Makk
esoxjeff
patch
stevecrm
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Expensive lures - Page 2 Empty Re: Expensive lures

Post  noodle Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

greg wrote:cheers rob. it's a daft looking lure i think a few of the lads will take the mick when thay see it. Laughing

see its worth having it just for that, ie a conversation piece humour value etc Razz

i do like mine though its cheered me up no end at times
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:15 pm

greg wrote:cheers rob. it's a daft looking lure i think a few of the lads will take the mick when thay see it. Laughing

lmao mate BELIEVE ME they will have the smirks wiped from their faces when a pike smashes into it.... i've never seen pike take a surface lure as agressively as they do with the c.c. Very Happy Shocked Cool Very Happy Wink
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 pm

noodle wrote:

see its worth having it just for that, ie a conversation piece humour value etc Razz

i do like mine though its cheered me up no end at times

Very Happy . had a look at your imakatsu husky hassuzys. you've lost the plot bud Shocked
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm

robh107 wrote:

lmao mate BELIEVE ME they will have the smirks wiped from their faces when a pike smashes into it.... i've never seen pike take a surface lure as agressively as they do with the c.c. Very Happy Shocked Cool Very Happy Wink

the wings on them look like thay are easy broke of. as for catching pike i'll take your word on that. roll on the warmer weather.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm

you not like them then, the hassuzy? must admit im thinking of the confunazzy insted though cant make my miind up

wait till you see the evergreen ones im contemplating

with these i wont be buying four of each maybe one or two but thats it

cmon they are too nice not too have

oh bought some pike flies as well
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360207299600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and a couple of others off the same chap
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 pm

here goes my secret

http://www.ichibantackle.com/Saleitem.asp

just scroll through the lures section and see just what those japanese can do with lures
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:58 pm

greg wrote:
robh107 wrote:

the wings on them look like thay are easy broke of. as for catching pike i'll take your word on that. roll on the warmer weather.

i cant speak for the build quality of newer models but mine is 10 years old and still intact with both wings on
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 am

robh107 wrote:
greg wrote:
robh107 wrote:

i cant speak for the build quality of newer models but mine is 10 years old and still intact with both wings on

mines an older one and has stood up to being bounced of bridge stanchions

and a fair bit of saltwater work
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm

noodle wrote:you not like them then, the hassuzy? must admit im thinking of the confunazzy insted though cant make my miind up

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360207299600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

no, i like the lures. just the price of them puts me of. lost one of marks lures, if you had seen my face.
pick 5 of your best catching lures, but not the most expensive. i'll see about geting some and take it from there. Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm

robh107 wrote:
greg wrote:
robh107 wrote:

i'd never herd of them before you spoke about them rob. i got mine of ebay so the build quality wont be the same as yours.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:33 pm

greg wrote:
noodle wrote:you not like them then, the hassuzy? must admit im thinking of the confunazzy insted though cant make my miind up

no, i like the lures. just the price of them puts me of. lost one of marks lures, if you had seen my face.
pick 5 of your best catching lures, but not the most expensive. i'll see about geting some and take it from there. Very Happy

recently it would be in no particular order

smuttly db 4 inch
ace sweet shad 150, or the 66
bomber magnum long a
fox gremlin
kussamo peofessor 00
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:49 pm

thanks noodle, i'll order one from chico first. i still think marks lures are first class and on parr with chico but i'll try them.
have you tryed your manta yet..
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 pm

noodle wrote:
greg wrote:

recently it would be in no particular order

smuttly db 4 inch
ace sweet shad 150, or the 66
bomber magnum long a
fox gremlin
kussamo peofessor 00

fox gremlin scratch i chucked one of them in the bin the other week lol!
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 pm

the gremlin is probably the 1st or second lure out when the water is deep for me the other being the ace hell tail
depends on what i want out of the lure

but the gremlin is certainly one of the lures that resuaded me lure fishing for pike was worthwhile on a few bi waters mostly trout tbh it has saved me a blank and if i want to fish something other than a soft plastic beyond 25 feet i cnat think of many lures to do that with, plenty of trolling lures but to cast and control at that depth

ok if your fishing drains or shallow stuff then the gremlin wont suit you in the slightest AND the fact its by fox does mark it down to some degree, however if it wasnt for fox (mainly) and ACE lures ie ones i could buy in shops near me id still be throwing smelly old dead fish

if you have binned it and you can get it back id buy it for a few quid...

down to my last couple of them now Sad
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm

greg wrote:thanks noodle, i'll order one from chico first. i still think marks lures are first class and on parr with chico but i'll try them.

was going to today but the lake had a fair bit of ice on it so i carried on to the seaside and played on the beach with my little lad

anyway just managed to get a cheap imakatsu confunazzy Laughing
and im winning a husky as well with two hours to go
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  deadbait Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm

noodle wrote:the gremlin is probably the 1st or second lure out when the water is deep for me the other being the ace hell tail
depends on what i want out of the lure

but the gremlin is certainly one of the lures that resuaded me lure fishing for pike was worthwhile on a few bi waters mostly trout tbh it has saved me a blank and if i want to fish something other than a soft plastic beyond 25 feet i cnat think of many lures to do that with, plenty of trolling lures but to cast and control at that depth

ok if your fishing drains or shallow stuff then the gremlin wont suit you in the slightest AND the fact its by fox does mark it down to some degree, however if it wasnt for fox (mainly) and ACE lures ie ones i could buy in shops near me id still be throwing smelly old dead fish

if you have binned it and you can get it back id buy it for a few quid...

down to my last couple of them now Sad
Very Happy

i will have a look in the celler i had a few i think they used to give them away with p&p subscriptions and none of my mates liked them so ended up with a few
deadbait
deadbait

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 pm

noodle wrote:
greg wrote:thanks noodle, i'll order one from chico first. i still think marks lures are first class and on parr with chico but i'll try them.

was going to today but the lake had a fair bit of ice on it so i carried on to the seaside and played on the beach with my little lad

was it 2400yen. nice lure the cofunazzy. surprized you can remember all the names.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:36 pm

greg wrote:
noodle wrote:

was it 2400yen. nice lure the cofunazzy. surprized you can remember all the names.

no idea my ebay does it pounds the colour was nogo if that helps
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm

i was lookin at "Oriental Angler store" thay have a few. thay give you a wee review.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 pm

greg wrote:i was lookin at "Oriental Angler store" thay have a few. thay give you a wee review.

they are cheap but the postage mounts up bringing them back to similar prices elsewhere

one lure that is dirt cheap at the minute and i have a lot of time for the ace sorcey on ebay from fishing pool 5 of em for 15-18 quid i think, its a big lure that shifts a lot of water. ive not caught a great deal of fish with it but its a great wake up lure if you get me
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Ebay is all good n stuff but I love to go into shops and get a proper look at what I am going to buy Smile

I have a feeling I may soon get addicted to buying lures from fishing shops soon Cool
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm

stevecrm wrote:Ebay is all good n stuff but I love to go into shops and get a proper look at what I am going to buy Smile

I have a feeling I may soon get addicted to buying lures from fishing shops soon Cool

ah well some tips are in order dont just buy lures ccos you like the look of em think about what you want em for depthwise action etc

lures can cost a fortune when your starting as (from experience) you tend to just pick lures up and but them without thinking too much (guilty of this big time)

but on the plus side most shops have the savage gear stuff in which is good and relativly cheap, hand on heart if i was starting out now or looking to add a fair few lures to a collection then they would probably be the 1st port of call for me

may i make a few suggestions to cover a few different things (and links to buy them(

bomber magnum long a a great search lure (crankbait) for shallower water casts well on jerkbait gear usefull in the sea if you want to chase bass etc so for me it is one of the very few absolute must haves
http://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/magnum-long-silver-flashchartreuse-p-954.html?osCsid=6i6a9dm20c113p1s9tl805g6s3 if you shop around this in the uk will usually set you back ten quid or so so agm are very cheap on this
if your purely casting the lure (as opposed to trolling or walk trolling on a canal) then the straight version is good if your trolling then the jointed one is good it works for casting just not for me (not a fan of jointed cranks for casting)

glidebaits savage gear deviator freestyler etc all work i like (at the cheaper end) ace sweet shads in the 150 (its the weight the 150, or 66) and 66 size

pull baits aka dive rise, or rise dive depending on if they float dive on the pull rise on teh pause sinkers are the opposite
ace hell tail (all sink great for deeper water)
fox rooter, burt, squirrely burt (floating versions) great for working round trees over weed or any other structure you come across

erratic lures really are pull baits some are gliders though liek the T6 from chico
ace sorcy read above for the ebay bit on them big baits go al over the place if you work em hard
smuttly T6 lovely bait but pricey from chicos wait till you get more into it and these will float your boat
chop baits, and flippers, the flippers some of the best are the 'thin' ones from ace and chop baits for me in deep water teh fox gremlin works a treat i tend not to use them in shallow water though ive no idea why

some links
http://www.dlst.co.uk/articles.html read through the articles all no nonsense stuff some of the lures are hard to get now though but plenty of info to go at
http://www.fishingpool.co.uk/product_home.php the home of ace lures some shops stock a few

missed a few types out there things like spoons swimbaits and topwaters

spoons kussamo professor 00 size
swimbaits well the savage gear 4 play again but look at spro akita
topwaters are not my forte to be honest so ask someone who uses tehm a lot but ones i do like
lac seul turrbo revolving thing on the end loads of others out there though
ace medic walk the dog style again lots of others to choose from
im getting into the things like the daiwa dead or alive but have yet to use it, it looks nice though, but i will add its been pointed out to me buy one of the few people who i really listen too when they say something about lures (same person recomended the turrbo)

try harris angling as they have a good selection
also andy lush

but with both of those shops look around as they can be on the pricey side

for the savage gear stuff google will be better than me
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am

i can pop pics up of any you like teh sound of well ones i own anyway

that counts the burts out though dont like the things
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:12 am

lol, I will have to read that later when my eyes are less blurry but thanks for the info Noodle Cool

I will buy quite a few lures and I will buy some just because they look cool, but this does not mean I will use them all. I will think carefully about the ones that I actually use and how they will be used. the Savage one that we have been talking about tonight has been a great lesson for me, the way it swims through the water and the different depths I can achieve (sp) by winding faster or slower etc.

I have a lot to learn and it will be fun learning it, all I need now is more hours to go out and play Very Happy
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:23 am

greg wrote:no, i like the lures. just the price of them puts me of. lost one of marks lures, if you had seen my face.

ondex spinner (size 4 or 5)
manns 1 minus
manns super stretch 1 minus
bomber magnum long A
heddon crazy crawler

the above 5 are all geared towards just sub-surface but they really have worked well for me... sometimes over deep water Very Happy
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next