PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book

+4
Alex Makk
stubbo
craigpix2000
mollski
8 posters

Go down

Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book Empty Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book

Post  mollski Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 pm

hi just wanted to no if anybody has this book,if so what do you think to it has ive heard mixed reports please? or if you can tell me which book is the best to buy please/or do you have a pike book you could sell me thanks.
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book Empty Re: Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book

Post  craigpix2000 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

ive found it a really helpfull book abit of a catouloge for fox gear but good pictures step by step on diffrent rigs i still flick frew mine now every now and again just to get some new ideas

also if your into mixed predator fishing (fox mick browns guide to pike and predators) another good book
http://www.fishingmegastore.com/fox-mick-browns-guide-to-pike-and-predators~8166.html
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book Empty Re: Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book

Post  mollski Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 pm

nice one craigpix2000 i will get that thanks for the advice,have you got that book has well?
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

mollski wrote:hi just wanted to no if anybody has this book,if so what do you think to it has ive heard mixed reports please? or if you can tell me which book is the best to buy please/or do you have a pike book you could sell me thanks.
shows good pike fishing rigs ,good no nonsence illustrations good book for beginners even though there pluging fox tackle Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  craigpix2000 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 pm

yes mate ive got both the books and a couple of others and the fox dvds

also for reading theese 2 are good books not so much for rigs but just a good read
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catch-Bigger-Pike-Paul-Gustafson/dp/1904057845
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pike-Fishing-Practice-Mick-Brown/dp/1852237317/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294438867&sr=1-3

ive read both books a couple of times i prefer the mick brown 1 out of the 2 but thats just my opinion
craigpix2000
craigpix2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Have got the Mick Brown book, Really good, detailed to the smallest detail, but as stated its all based on using the fox gear, unless your an extreme tackle tart, everything dont need to be a certain brand/make, just use what's at the local,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

MrMakk wrote:Have got the Mick Brown book, Really good, detailed to the smallest detail, but as stated its all based on using the fox gear, unless your an extreme tackle tart, everything dont need to be a certain brand/make, just use what's at the local,
it is quite good the fox pike gear ..mr makk Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 pm

stubbo wrote:
MrMakk wrote:Have got the Mick Brown book, Really good, detailed to the smallest detail, but as stated its all based on using the fox gear, unless your an extreme tackle tart, everything dont need to be a certain brand/make, just use what's at the local,

indeed, proud owner of a bit 'n' bob
but as said no need to go extreme tackle tart,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 pm

MrMakk wrote:
stubbo wrote:

indeed, proud owner of a bit 'n' bob
but as said no need to go extreme tackle tart,
got the fox micros alarm 20 quid had them years mate still going strong a fox lightwieght pod which i use on hard banks and quite few fox lures didnt really cost that much mate Very Happy What a Face
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Two fox alarms, Micron M2 and MX2

Two pike swingers,

and a few terminal bits,
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:03 am

Yea it's a good book, as is their guide to carp fishing. Both are really for novices though but they do help clarify some rigs.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  mollski Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:59 pm

SOUND went for the Fox Mick Brown's Guide to Pike and Predators thanks for the help Smile
mollski
mollski

Back to top Go down

Fox: Guide To Modern Pike Fishing Book Empty Fox piking book

Post  lochman Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:05 pm

I have both books mentioned in the postings, I find the Fox one is a bit of window shopping for fox gear, but if you ignore that and use it as a guide to piking and gear it is very informative.
Use Fox's knowhow to make your own gear and support your local tackle shop. As MB says all tackle varies so make your own to suit your needs Smile
lochman
lochman

Back to top Go down

Post  tackle tart Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 am

we know its a buyers guide for fox gear but beside that though it does cover the basics very well and the step buy step guides are put together very well and i think its well worth getting
tackle tart
tackle tart

Back to top Go down

Post  raf1870 Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 am

Going to pick up a copy of this book tonight.

For a newcomer like myself it will hopefully come in handy explaining all the basics although I have already picked up a fair bit of knowledge from this and other sites on the web but always nice to have the tactile feel of a book to read.

Like you say, just ignore the self promotion by Fox and absorb what is on the pages as there are cheaper tackle options out there.

But best way for any newcomer is once you have your tackle sorted etc, is get out on the banks and learn from all the mistakes you make as that way you can see what works for you and then begin to fine tune your technique so that when you finally get that run (I am still waiting) you know it will all be worth it Very Happy

raf1870

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum