PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new lures. had ago at making some

+2
adie1200
greg
6 posters

Go down

new lures. had ago at making some Empty new lures. had ago at making some

Post  greg Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 am

been having ago at makinnew lures. had ago at making some Jerks11g some lures.

new lures. had ago at making some Jointe11

new lures. had ago at making some Yo-zur11
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

new lures. had ago at making some Empty Re: new lures. had ago at making some

Post  greg Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

some more new lures. had ago at making some 8_diva11
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 am

They look really good Greg Wink
If you had not said you had made them yourself i would have thought they were shop bought Very Happy

Well done mate Cool
Be sure to let us know how you get on with them Greg Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 am

thanks adie. i have done well with most of them. i have smaller balsa ones aswell, thay do well with trout and jacks.

the yo-zuri (type) ones are very good for pike. bought a few of the blanks, painted some up and passed them out to pals. very good reports. Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  plantsbrook Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm

very good effort, superb finish!
plantsbrook
plantsbrook

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:00 pm

in the first photo are the red head and perch at the bottom pull baits?
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 pm

hi noodle. yes thay are. cobbs clones you could call them.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

get them on the las site, any for sale?

noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 am

noodle wrote:get them on the las site, any for sale?

i tryed puting them up on las, gave up as i dont have anything to resize them.

your havin a laff any for sale, wot do you fancy. Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Macfarlane Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 am

greg wrote:
the yo-zuri (type) ones are very good for pike. bought a few of the blanks, painted some up and passed them out to pals. very good reports. Very Happy

Hehe!! I was about to chip in some raised eyebrows there but your honesty beat me to it, so good for you mate.

Painted blanks aside (which are good too by the way!), I'm pretty impressed with your lures there Greg.

I'd also seriously doubt that Noodle is having a laff. If I said, "He'll buy anything", that wouldn't be doing your lures justice. He'll almost buy anything but he's no lure-mug. He knows his lures alright and then some. The fact that he buys another 27 lures every month, that'll probably never get wet, is neither here nor there. It just so happens that he buys another 27 or so (LOL!) lures, to quash his insatiable habit. He'll also buy 2 of every pattern, to cover every possible light condition, depth or time of year for every questionable piddle of H2O from Mercury to Neptune, just in case he loses one of them...and he probably doesn't do that too often, which accounts for him having a bigger lure collection than Cabelas.

He's been divorced 7 times now and he's onto his 3rd house and that's just his wooden ones. The rest are kept in environmentally-controlled haulage containers, which are stacked in colour and alphabetical order, on a tanker, just 2 miles off the coast. He often pops over on his firetiger helicopter just so he can have a look at them. Most nights he pops off to bed, cracks a couple off and then falls asleep, dreaming about his next lure-based fantasy.

I swear this is absolutely true.
Andy Macfarlane
Andy Macfarlane

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 am

cheers for that andy, i think scratch . you do get a bit adicted to it. come to think of it, someone put a link up for mark berrisfords lures here, then noodle put on a display of his lures.
bought some of marks and the rests history.
then along came mark houtons lures, bought a few. then had a bash at it.

i know you like your lures aswell andy. but the yo-zuri type lures i have put up are something else. well made through wired for strenth. i'd dare you to tell a bought one to mine.
red or the brown trout. the best on them so far 16lb cought by a mate. i've had a few doubles
on them, also salmon.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Those are all brilliant, excellent work. I've never made my own and can only guess at the work that went in to them. One day I might make some but if I can get anywhere near the standard of these i'd be chuffed. They're fish catchers for sure!
marshman
marshman

http://riverpiker.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 pm

hey thanks for that marshman. i started doing balsa lip baits first, got some usefull tips of mark houghton.
then went onto lure building 101. then done some jerkbaits. it wasnt as easy as i thought tho.

seen your vids last night, you do well catchin them Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  marshman Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

I've had a look at various lure making sites and people and there's plenty of info to get started and plenty of good lure makers to make you think you'll never reach their standards! lol
marshman
marshman

http://riverpiker.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 am

Where to begin. Any ideas on price? Buti dont buy many big lures now as i thought i had more than enough of ones i like there are a few there that id use lol but the wo that call to me are the black jointed crank and the pink tiger drob belied crank.

Finishes like yours will fetch a few quid if(and dont take this bit wrong) they have the action to match and seing as you know your lures i have faith Very Happy.
Are you looking to sell them or are they just for personal use?

The finish really is what matters i can build lures that perform great but my artistic skills are truly awfull Razz
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:22 am

noodle wrote:Where to begin. Any ideas on price? Buti dont buy many big lures now as i thought i had more than enough of ones i like there are a few there that id use lol but the wo that call to me are the black jointed crank and the pink tiger drob belied crank.

Finishes like yours will fetch a few quid if(and dont take this bit wrong) they have the action to match and seing as you know your lures i have faith Very Happy.
Are you looking to sell them or are they just for personal use?

The finish really is what matters i can build lures that perform great but my artistic skills are truly awfull Razz

i think i have another pink tiger. the black jointed one's mine, only done it cause you rant about them lol . made two other went to my pal.
but i'll make you one. i do them with the large bill or a smaller one that runs around 2 feet or so on a reel. the larger bill hits bottom around 14 feet trawling not sure on a reel but it can be used on top , slow wind. faster for depth.
thought you wanted the cobbs just made some blanks.
i'll check the pink tiger later if tis up to your standards you can have that one. and i'll make the jointed one for you. i wont take alot for them . just be honnest with the catch report Very Happy
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

the cobbs copys, sorry nice to look at but if they do what cobbs do then you will sell them all day long just not to me Laughing ive no idea why but every cobbs ive owned has left me uninspired yes they work spot on they look nice and they catch fish but for some reason i tend to feel a bit depressed when i have one on Embarassed

im a weird sort i know lures need to be fun its one of the reasons i gave up on big depthraiders and the like as i enjoy trolling with the rod in hand and they do punish your arms
noodle
noodle

Back to top Go down

Post  greg Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:19 am

noodle wrote:the cobbs copys, sorry nice to look at but if they do what cobbs do then you will sell them all day long just not to me Laughing ive no idea why but every cobbs ive owned has left me uninspired yes they work spot on they look nice and they catch fish but for some reason i tend to feel a bit depressed when i have one on Embarassed

im a weird sort i know lures need to be fun its one of the reasons i gave up on big depthraiders and the like as i enjoy trolling with the rod in hand and they do punish your arms

i thought you were bank fishing.. all my fishings from boat, i,m with you now.
greg
greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down