PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+55
Knobber
plantsbrook
lorano
petestanley
memacca
matt859
pikehunter20
Frenchy
the bat
mal wynne
feederboy
symonh2000
kevo
hyde mark
silkmen
catchafishy123
Al
Lefty
piketastic
fatcaff
lowdouble
Roly
steve.w
macawboy
muskieman
Tigi113
ianbrooke
vince101
-CrAiG-
tomthepiker
Andy Macfarlane
paul_sheff
Steve French
Dave-Newman
psion
Idlepiker
treble
tc
welsh piker
The Otter
nightwatchman
onetoner
hurricane
blacky99
big_d2008
jimlad
Alex Makk
plumb68
MAD BAD ANGLER
nickcarpy
adie1200
kell
rozzo
wymo
stubbo
59 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 34 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  stubbo Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:30 am

kell wrote:good angling
congrates pal on your first big girl pal Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  memacca Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Some nice pike lads, give yourselves a pat on the back...... I'm off for a week now so hopefully get a few sessions in...
memacca
memacca

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:11 pm

memacca wrote:Some nice pike lads, give yourselves a pat on the back...... I'm off for a week now so hopefully get a few sessions in...
hope you catch kev
when are you of to Scotland mate
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 34 Empty at last

Post  kell Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 am

Spent years trying to break my duck on a twenty. Ive fished places that had them and ive seen them landed but now at last i managed one and it was a top session provided to me on a private stretch of water by john copeman.
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408898175
This is my twenty at 20.10
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408898169
this was my 18
and there were more at 16 12 and 7
hope now the going will be a little easier when not push as hard for just one fish.
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 am

Sounds like a great session Kel, and congratulations on your first 20.
Well done to everyone else that has caught over the last few days, some good reports and great photos lads. cheers cheers cheers
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 am

Well done on your first 20 mate :-)
And well done for a cracking days piking ;-) some belters there :-) that 20 looks bigger matey
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  tomthepiker Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:40 am

Congrats kell sounded like a quality day
tomthepiker
tomthepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:41 am

Well done Kell. Sounds like you had a good day.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:26 pm

kell wrote:Spent years trying to break my duck on a twenty. Ive fished places that had them and ive seen them landed but now at last i managed one and it was a top session provided to me on a private stretch of water by john copeman.
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408898175
This is my twenty at 20.10
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408898169
this was my 18
and there were more at 16 12 and 7
hope now the going will be a little easier when not push as hard for just one fish.
they will be queing up like buses now kell you will always remember your first twenty may you catch plenty more ...well in
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks all and now just need one on the bank for adie and i will be well happy
Glad to see quite a few getting amongst them.
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:34 pm

well done mate very pleased for you kell hopefully the first of many cheers 
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:34 pm

I've had a 20  Very Happy  Very Happy  but not for a long time lol  Shocked

Last edited by adie1200 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Piketastic send me this to put on

Anybody Catching - Page 34 Fota2310

He will let you know more about it later  Wink 

adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Unlucky for some.....another 13 pounder. But I'm not complaining ! A trent fish on sardine...... Adie it looks gud for satdy pal,��,ii am on Trent tomorrow and Thurs tho so will ring you on Friday. Thanks

Last edited by piketastic on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:45 pm

adie1200 wrote:Piketastic send me this to put on

Anybody Catching - Page 34 Fota2310

He will let you know more about it later  Wink 

nice1 craig wish I was there pal, big time  Sad 
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  memacca Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Lovely fish Kell, I agree with adie, that 20 looks bigger mate. Also well done on your Trent capture piketastic.....

P.S.....Jake I'm up Scotland on 16th April for six days now instead of five... cheers  With all the mild weather I think the pike may have spawned by then so hopefully  get a few gooduns on the bank mate.....
memacca
memacca

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 pm

memacca wrote:Lovely fish Kell, I agree with adie, that 20 looks bigger mate.  Also well done on your Trent capture piketastic.....

P.S.....Jake I'm up Scotland on 16th April for six days now instead of five... cheers   With all the mild weather I think the pike may have spawned by then so hopefully  get a few gooduns on the bank mate.....
hope so for yourself kev
I think that will be it for me now until after the spawn ill prob do a bit of lure fishing on the odd occation over summer
in 2 minds wether to try once more next week when I can get time of work.not sure yet
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  memacca Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Go for It Jake, you never know mate.....
memacca
memacca

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Captured my 1st of the year 8lb on the nose with 2 dropped runs all on smelt. Not a monster but welcome all the same. Had to take someone elses trace out it, worst thing about it was it wasn't badly hooked they just cut the wire.
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 am

fatcaff wrote:Captured my 1st of the year 8lb on the nose with 2 dropped runs all on smelt. Not a monster but welcome all the same. Had to take someone elses trace out it, worst thing about it was it wasn't badly hooked they just cut the wire.
numptys mate
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  memacca Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Had to take someone elses trace out it, worst thing about it was it wasn't badly hooked they just cut the wire.

Probably "Frightened" of it, the clowns clown

Out on the river this morning, blanked. Trying a different river tomorrow so fingers crossed.......
memacca
memacca

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 34 Empty kell cant stop catching twentys

Post  stubbo Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 pm

congrates on your second twenty kell ....told you the first is the hardest well in kell Very Happy 
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 am

Thanks Stubbo heres the catch report that was wrote for it the pics are not fantastic as the sun was blinding and no where to get out of it.
well done fatcaff you never know you may be going back and catching it when its a twenty. I know adie likes removeing old gear HOW do i know he enjoys it because he puts his mask and gloves on and i have to pass him the gear. Susspenders are a little over the top though lol  Very Happy  affraid 

After last weeks triumph in my quest for a twenty John (orvist3er) kindly asked me if I would like to have one last go on the river before the end of the season. There was only one answer to that question.Y E S.
Still on a high we discussed how we could try to play our Joker. John was not that confident that we would catch as in all the years he has fished this stretch he has struggled to catch the quality Pike it is home to in the back end of the season. John thinks that they move to spawning grounds, which he has not yet found and in late February and early March he considers even one pike a result here. Last week saw my new P.B through an eel as it was being netted and before Christmas John had a 23lber that spat a big eel out he was landing. The Head Job Swimbait that caught last week entered our thoughts for a last river session. John suggest that I make one with a slimmer tail for maximum movement but in a nice slate blue colour like a natural running eel. Eels are either bronze or silver and with the river still carrying an extra couple of feet of water John didnt fancy using a brown lure in brown water.
With the plan in place I did as I was told and and "tweaked" the Head Job slightly before pouring a silver/blue combo. I called John and let him know we had The Lure for the job in hand.
We got to the river at first light, the flood water seemed to be showing more green in the shallows but there were still more duck species than a twitchers wet dream. The river had dropped about a foot but the banks were still sludgey. As I had the lions share of the fish last week and it was Johns spot I insisted he have first go, with the Natural Eel Head Job of course. More for a recording of the action of the swimbait than any action shots John agreed to wear my Go Pro Head Cam. Well what a good call that was as making a nice cast across the slack line of the bend and WALLOP- John was in. Actions speak larger than words but lets just say that Johns Loomis Swimbait rod was the perfect tool for the job. With a quite uneventful fight due to the fish going through a stray branch the big girl was soon expertly netted and safely on the bank. A fin perfect heavy river girl of 21lb 14oz. The fall away hook harness working a treat. Not only can he find them the boy can catch them too. The fish was nice and heavy and clearly not a spawned out lightweight.
Well it was my turn now and as the fish had not travelled elsewhere I was in with a shout. Casting down stream to work the swimbait back up against the near undercut bank I really fancied my chances now. I didnt have to wait long to get a take. Another solid lump of a fish from the best bend on the river. A couple of deep boring runs and John soon had it in the big pear net. I knew straight away it was a new P.B- a real whacker. 22lb 15oz- wish in I could say 23 but its only kidding ones self. A 22lb 15oz er would do me for a small river,lure caught fish. Get in.
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408959736
Obviously these fish were not ready for spawning just yet and had actually read the EA license that states that coarse fish spawn when the river season ends. Better have another cast then. Not quite as fast and furious as the previous week but I soon was in again. A little bit better fight but still no surface thrashing head shakes or tail walks that get your knees a knocking. The big Fox net swallowed another big momma up. 19lb 6oz-damn those dieting doubles. John actually recognised this fish as a previous capture straight away as the markings on her tail root looked like a pair of spectacles- so he said anyway. It was a 19lb 6oz lure caught river Pike I was happy to see.
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408959737
We had a coffee out of my flask, not risking his again I tell you and soaked in the day. The sun was now quite high and it was turning into a proper spring day. I told John to get fishing but he insist I have another go to see if there was anything left in the swim. Oh yes, another rod bender. Safely in the net I peered in and gave it 12lb, John told me I was on drugs and it would go 18lb easy with the size of its head. Well we were both 3lb out as the scales told us 15lb 1oz. She did have a broad head and a good length but was not fat- not skinny either- just empty. Either spawned early or just not had a good meal of eels or bream for breakfast.
Anybody Catching - Page 34 408959738
Things slowed down and we had to be somewhere this afternoon so we decided to call an end to our 2013/2014 river season-ending on a high. Two twenties, one each and another P.B for me. As John gathred the sling and net etc together I couldnt resist one last cast a little further along the bank from a line of reeds that John tells me never really produces. Well it did today with another mid double. This one we weighed at 14lb 11 oz but slipped back incognito with no photo. Hopefully she will be a good bit heavier come next October, when I hope I will be a guest once again.
The river season draws to an end but what more could I of wished for. Role on stillwater Perch.
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am

Well done Kell  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool 

What a way to end the season I bet your jaw is aching with the size of your smile  lol! 
You sod I thought I told you to keep it to yourself about the unhooking gear  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 am

What a way to end the season I bet your jaw is aching with the size of your smile  lol! 
You sod I thought I told you to keep it to yourself about the unhooking gear  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

(quote)

They might still think you mean tools.  affraid
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next