PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

popped up baits

+7
mwillis551
coops440
lowdouble
petestanley
matt859
MAD BAD ANGLER
stubbo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

popped up baits - Page 2 Empty Re: popped up baits

Post  stubbo Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 pm

coops440 wrote:i have a set of lumbys bait blasters, recently re- built them, re-polish, new rings,etc. these are a proper beast of a blank. when i first started using these i was a bit scared to give it the beans but my mate andy got on it and nearly killed a duck at around 180 yards with just a lead on!!
i have eventually learnt to compress these but boy do they take some getting used to. compare these to a 31/2 ballista which is an unground blank like daves and they are a lot thicker in diameter, but these do play fish out well too.they cast a 5 oz lead a treat, obviously I'm not fishing at 130 yards with this weight but they have improved my distance and my casting really is pants compared to my old mate who seems to be a natural i think.
i have just bought a set of secondhand 13ft 4lb test ballistas that are right for a re build and re-polish so i might be using these towards the end of the season. affraid
sounds like there the right tools for the job pal....... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:10 am

coops440 wrote:i have a set of lumbys bait blasters, recently re- built them, re-polish, new rings,etc. these are a proper beast of a blank. when i first started using these i was a bit scared to give it the beans but my mate andy got on it and nearly killed a duck at around 180 yards with just a lead on!!
i have eventually learnt to compress these but boy do they take some getting used to. compare these to a 31/2 ballista which is an unground blank like daves and they are a lot thicker in diameter, but these do play fish out well too.they cast a 5 oz lead a treat, obviously I'm not fishing at 130 yards with this weight but they have improved my distance and my casting really is pants compared to my old mate who seems to be a natural i think.
i have just bought a set of secondhand 13ft 4lb test ballistas that are right for a re build and re-polish so i might be using these towards the end of the season. affraid
Those 13 ft 4lbers are amazing bits of kit
A
Mate has four and my god do they throw a bait

It always makes me chuckle when people say oh p1's you mean 2.75 Ballistas
Try both side by side very different tools
I also went big on my boat rods I got rid of the p3's in favour of ballista catfish rods
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  coops440 Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:07 pm

how do you get on with those on the boat? are they not a bit over gunned? affraid

coops440

Back to top Go down

Post  noodle Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Not in the slightest there is a great deal of difference between the p3 and the catfish rod
Mainly a stiffer but section which is offset by a slightly softer tip
So there is always a bit in reserve just in case
noodle
noodle

http://pacregion31.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  coops440 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 pm

yeah i can see what your saying, a bit of force needed if they get near the mud weights!!

coops440

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 pm

coops440 wrote:yeah i can see what your saying, a bit of force needed if they get near the mud weights!!
I like something a bit softer 3lb test 10ft for the boat Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  coops440 Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:10 pm

my current boat rods are converted specie;s. probably around 31/4 test now at 10 ft 4" long. a set of four one offs that def no one else has! that's the beauty of building your own blanks, you get exactly what you want.

coops440

Back to top Go down

Post  fenlandesox Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 am

I use both in one session if in not catching. If you use pop ups with ledger rigs on a long link you can twitch the baits without tangling which may get takes

fenlandesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2