PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barton, Lincs Fish-in

+13
Bazz
The Otter
Andy Webster
dave78
nightwatchman
grahambrooke
Lefty
tootall
Steve French
adie1200
kell
BradfordLad
robh107
17 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barton, Lincs Fish-in - Page 5 Empty Re: Barton, Lincs Fish-in

Post  robh107 Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Andy Webster wrote:Can you lure fish all the lakes when you've bought a day ticket? I fancy keeping mobile next Sunday.

Andy

thats the beauty of these ponds..... ANYTHING GOES as far as i am aware, including livebaiting if you can catch the roach Wink
one word of warning though..... the ponds are VERY snaggy in parts, i should know they've claimed enough of my own lures over the years Evil or Very Mad
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 am

ok so upto now this is how the attending list looks:
myself (possibly plus 1)
kell
tootall
steve french +1
nightwatchman
andy webster
the otter
bazz
mr makk

looking good guys (10 people plus one maybe coming with me)
any last minute changes need to be made by this coming thursday evening as i will be ringing up to book the pegs on friday!!
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm looking forward to it rob..........
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

http://alexmakk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  stevecrm Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:49 pm

I wish i could be there, but maybe next time. I hope you all have a great time and catch plenty Cool

as for catching livebait, i would have no chance Laughing
stevecrm
stevecrm

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

robh107 wrote:ok so upto now this is how the attending list looks:
myself (possibly plus 1)
kell
tootall
steve french +1
nightwatchman
andy webster
the otter
bazz
mr makk

looking good guys (10 people plus one maybe coming with me)

Looks like we going to need 2 ponds Rob. Wink
Which might work out well as that means there will be a couple of spare pegs, which might come in handy as I tend to get itchy feet after a while.
lol!

The down side for you is you is if we are going to draw pegs out of a hat you will need to make more tickets. lol!
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 pm

lol thats fine mate.... i'm going to split the pegs 5 on no.2 pond and the same on no.3 pond.
now i just need to sort out a meeting place for us all.... unless you are all confident enough finding it from what you have already seen on maps in previous posts on this thread
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Its going to be a hellova journey for Alex & I... Shocked

Been looking at Brandesburton on the internet & get YO25 8RL for its main Street. In the Yorkshire Wolds & I was thinking it was Lincolnshire Razz Razz Razz Laughing Rolling Eyes
Told Alex its about the same as Cellars was Razz Razz Razz Rolling Eyes but its a good way further Twisted Evil It will be a 100+ miler for us Smile Alex................set the alarm early, we may need to leave at 5-30am Shocked Shocked We will doubtless go over the Humber Bridge, last time & was in Hull I came to see "The Deep" & its around 100mls, sat nave brought me past RAF Scampton towards Grimsby & over the bridge.

I'm still coming but its a hell of a trip, Norfolk Broads are closer to here. Wink Wink

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 pm

Bazz wrote:Its going to be a hellova journey for Alex & I... Shocked

Been looking at Brandesburton on the internet & get YO25 8RL for its main Street. In the Yorkshire Wolds & I was thinking it was Lincolnshire Razz Razz Razz Laughing Rolling Eyes
Told Alex its about the same as Cellars was Razz Razz Razz Rolling Eyes but its a good way further Twisted Evil It will be a 100+ miler for us Smile Alex................set the alarm early, we may need to leave at 5-30am Shocked Shocked We will doubtless go over the Humber Bridge, last time & was in Hull I came to see "The Deep" & its around 100mls, sat nave brought me past RAF Scampton towards Grimsby & over the bridge.

I'm still coming but its a hell of a trip, Norfolk Broads are closer to here. Wink Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Just google the post code............................bloody hell, Its all the way up there...I have not crossed the humber since 2000 on a family holiday to scarbrough. the place for the postcode is like a few clicks from the coast. Should i bring my dads driving music (ACDC, Status Quo, The Who) lol! only kidding, i think the views should be enough to keep me quiet, like at cellaurs i was speechless and the scenery was beautiful, sunny lets hope all of us bank some fish.

I'll give u a bell on Saturday Bazz

oh and rob have you got the postcode for the venue it may come to use for bazz and his sat-nav
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

There's a Pub in Brandesburton. (is it Dacre Arms? I forgot already!) We could meet near there? I think the car park is round the back but there's quite a bit of room in the street?
But saying that if some are travelling a really long way and get delayed it might be a long wait in the village?
Another alternative is to swap mobile phone numbers and we give you directions from the village?
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am

the nearest accurate postcode i can get is for the east end of mill lane, brandesburton (leads directly west to the ponds): YO25 8QS
tbh once you're on that road its not easy to get lost, you could all just find my car pulled on the side of the road (not difficult to spot lol.... its a J reg mark 2 golf in red).
i'll park in the main spot between no.2 and no.3 pond.
i'll pm you all my mobile no. on the evening before just incase you get lost.
meeting time will be 8am.
are we all ok with that or would anyone prefer an alternative i.e. meet in brandesburton

P.S. nightwatchman its a funny thing you mentioned dacre arms.... my boss owns it lol
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Makk Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 am

cheers rob...
Alex Makk
Alex Makk

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 am

Lol !

In that case would he mind if we all piled into his car park?

Just had a thought.......
We going to struggle to all park near your car at the ponds Rob!
Is it worth some knowing which pond they will be fishing before hand so if any 'cop' for no.2 pond they can park at the other end on that patch of grass?

Maybe we could draw pegs at the pub?
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  kell Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:23 am

sorry but not going to be able to make this one.
got to work weekends now with work thats come in Sad no time of now for what looks like 2 months so i may just be hanging up the pike gear till back end of year.
may be able to get out tommorrow for 1 last shot. good luck on sunday and i hope they are on for you all
tight lines
kell
kell

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 am

nightwatchman wrote:Lol !

In that case would he mind if we all piled into his car park?

Just had a thought.......
We going to struggle to all park near your car at the ponds Rob!
Is it worth some knowing which pond they will be fishing before hand so if any 'cop' for no.2 pond they can park at the other end on that patch of grass?

Maybe we could draw pegs at the pub?

i'll admit its a relatively small place to park but i think we may be ok..... you can probably get 6 cars on it if we organise it right, even if we cant theres no yellow lines on the other side of the road Wink
i've also had a thought on this peg drawing thing..... would it be better if we drew for which pond we went on instead i.e. you draw the pond then decide which peg you fish on the pond?? i was thinking that might be better because then you're free to rove around if you wish (not that i'd stop you anyway lol)

sorry to hear you're not able to make it kell.... i guess we'll have to meet another time bud Very Happy
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:46 pm

robh107 wrote:
i've also had a thought on this peg drawing thing..... would it be better if we drew for which pond we went on instead i.e. you draw the pond then decide which peg you fish on the pond?? i was thinking that might be better because then you're free to rove around if you wish (not that i'd stop you anyway lol)

Nice idea mate.
But remember you've got more pegs on pond no.3 than pond no.2 so if there's 10 of us (guesstimate) rather than splitting it 50/50 maybe go for say 6 or 7 on pond no.3 and the rest on pond no.2? cyclops

By the way I really fancy pond no.3 as I haven't fished that one yet, so if anyone wants to swap their peg draw. lol!
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 pm

hmmmm i think you're right if memory serves me correctly...... i'll figure it out once i get closer to the weekend so i know how many people i have to account for Very Happy
p.s no.3 pond is good mate Very Happy
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Rob why don't you just put a google maps link on here and let everyone see where the ponds are so they can find thier own way there !

I can't make it to this fish-in i'm sorry to say But if i was i would want to be there a lot earlier than 8am i would be there at sunrise so knowing how to get there would be a good help !!

Just a thought Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm

I've made a map for those of you who don't know the area, Wink

Clicky

The red circle on the map is the postcode Rob has given you (YO25 8QS) and you will see the road marked in yellow takes you past loads of different ponds.
I've marked the ponds Rob is going to book for our fish-in which are ponds no.2 and no.3.
Pond no.1 is included in the price of the day ticket if you feel the need to leave your fishing buddy's! lol!
The ponds on the map below Farmers Ponds are association ponds (HDAA) and various other private or day ticket venues.

There are several parking places but the main ones are marked on the map as (P)
If we are still meeting at the Dacre Arms pub that is marked as x on th map.
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:54 pm

adie1200 wrote:Rob why don't you just put a google maps link on here and let everyone see where the ponds are so they can find thier own way there !

I can't make it to this fish-in i'm sorry to say But if i was i would want to be there a lot earlier than 8am i would be there at sunrise so knowing how to get there would be a good help !!

Just a thought Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Adie

What's everyones thoughts on this?

I don't mind going straight there if everyone is confident in finding the place?
We might have to dump the idea of drawing pegs though and make it 'first come first served' which to be honest wouldn't be too bad as I don't think its a 'peggy' venue. I think the Pike are pretty well spread out.
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve French Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:56 pm

We will be there a little later than 8.00, but it really does not matter to me how we fish, if you want to do first come first served, no problem Very Happy Looking forward to seeing you there, Kell its a pity you cant make it pal Sad you must start getting your priorities right Very Happy

Steve French

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 pm

thanks for putting that map on nightwatchman.... i'll be totally honest and say i'm not totally savvy with how you do that which is why i didnt do it myself scratch study
if everyone is ok finding the place then unless people DO want to do a peg/pond draw then we'll do it on a first come first served basis.... as nightwatchman has already stated the pike are pretty much well spread out on these ponds so its not a big problem.
BUT i'll be there at first light in that case Wink Wink Wink Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
however we can arrange a meeting point/time in brandesburton if some of you are still not sure about finding the ponds
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:32 pm

robh107 wrote:thanks for putting that map on nightwatchman.... i'll be totally honest and say i'm not totally savvy with how you do that which is why i didnt do it myself scratch study

No probs mate.
Anythings possible with Photoshop and some web space. king
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  nightwatchman Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:39 pm

If anyone wants my mobile number for the fish-in just PM me. Cool
nightwatchman
nightwatchman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bazz Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for the map nightwatchman Cool

That & Rob's postcode will get us there.. Twisted Evil

Bazz

Back to top Go down

Post  robh107 Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:05 am

Bazz wrote:Thanks for the map nightwatchman Cool

That & Rob's postcode will get us there.. Twisted Evil

nice one bazz Very Happy is everyone else ok with finding the ponds?
robh107
robh107

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next