PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 7 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  mal wynne Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:44 pm

nice one dave , always nice to get on a new water

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Was only 2 year waiting list
Only 30 anglers allowed and 29 only fish carp
I'm happy
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:18 pm

lowdouble wrote:you certainly wouldnt want to be a Roach living in a Pikes world would you Craig lol.  Predator perfection Very Happy     I hope you havent lost your Pike mojo stubbo Sad           Thanks lads.
no way pal just giving my other hobby a chance , pigeon shooting just love it , but most of all like working the dog...... Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:17 am

I should be sat by a river in Scotland. But am not am lying in my sick bed and feeling very sad.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:18 pm

Had a few hours on a small local river  today and had a few runs missed two  Shocked  but managed to bank one at about 8lb Think I might count to 10 next time I get a run lol might hook into a few more Very Happy but then again might end up with a deep hooked pike mmm its a hard life  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!
Anybody Catching - Page 7 Untitl11

I had a pike follow my lure right up to my rod tip and give a half hearted strike at the lure 4 times lol but it wouldn't take it I guess it wasn't really ready for a meal   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Nice to be out and getting a bend in the rod even if its only a small pike they all count  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:39 pm

Well done everyone thats been catching!! My blanking run has grown to 13 after today.

Anyone interested in buying a load of pike tackle?? lol! lol! lol!
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Your certainly having a good run Adie. its all about the run/take anyway and your getting lots of excitement. Well done Very Happy

And fatcaff you have the patience of a saint lol. They will all come at once with a real red letter day, Hang in there Smile
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fatcaff Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:34 pm

Dunno bout patience more like madness Very Happy
fatcaff
fatcaff

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Well done to all that have caught - Adie I missed 10 runs over the 3 days last weekend , I was distraught , I changed the hooks , the wire, the leads . I lost a couple of them for no apparent reason a few feet from the net. ( 2 just let go ) one was an upper double too ! The runs differed , some of them peeled line off and I struck into them felt the fish and then lost them others screamed off and I struck into thin air . I rang a few people up and they all seemed to be saying the same thing. The pike are getting ready to spawn, funny time of year , being finicky with the baits etc.
I read a thread on another forum yesterday on the same subject and a few of the piking hierarchy were saying the same things as above .
So key is , I hope , to persevere with what we know !
Fatcaff I did 13 in a row 2 years ago , the 8 pounder on the 14th trip was a very welcome and memorable fish that put the belief back in me 😀. Jake ( silkmen) did around the same number this season too. You will come good !

Ps ... Psion hope you get well soon mate , we want to see more of them big uns that you are into...... You haven't been eating Stubbos pigeon pie have you ? 😀😀😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 pm

lowdouble wrote:Your certainly having a good run Adie.  its all about the run/take anyway and your getting lots of excitement.  Well done Very Happy

Cheers bud but not exactly going mad one last week and one so far this week Very Happy Very Happy  they seem to be going out of their way to avoid me lol! lol! lol!
It would be nice to get a double or two Very Happy Very Happy

piketastic wrote:Well done to all that have caught - Adie I missed 10 runs over the 3 days last weekend , I was distraught , I changed the hooks , the wire, the leads . I lost a couple of them for no apparent reason a few feet from the net. (  2 just let go ) one was an upper double too ! The runs differed , some of them peeled line off and I struck into them  felt the fish and then lost them others screamed off and I struck into thin air .  I rang a few people up and they all seemed to be saying the same thing. The pike are getting ready to spawn, funny time of year , being finicky with the baits etc.
I read a thread on another forum yesterday on the same subject and a few of the piking hierarchy were saying the same things as above .

Yes there's definitely something going on Shocked  I have noticed they are getting a little fatter so maybe they are getting ready to spawn  Shocked Shocked  maybe a chance of a good one or two then Laughing Laughing Laughing
as you say just persevere and hope they start taking the bait properly asap Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fatcaff wrote:Well done everyone thats been catching!! My blanking run has grown to 13 after today.

Anyone interested in buying a load of pike tackle?? lol! lol! lol!
Blimey I thought I was doing badly Shocked Shocked  
Stick at it mate they will come soon i'm sure Wink
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 am

piketastic wrote:Well done to all that have caught - Adie I missed 10 runs over the 3 days last weekend , I was distraught , I changed the hooks , the wire, the leads . I lost a couple of them for no apparent reason a few feet from the net. (  2 just let go ) one was an upper double too ! The runs differed , some of them peeled line off and I struck into them  felt the fish and then lost them others screamed off and I struck into thin air .  I rang a few people up and they all seemed to be saying the same thing. The pike are getting ready to spawn, funny time of year , being finicky with the baits etc.
Fatcaff I did 13 in a row 2 years ago , the 8 pounder on the 14th trip was a very welcome and memorable fish that  put the belief back in me 😀.   Jake ( silkmen) did around the same number this season too.  You will come good !

Ps ... Psion hope you get well soon mate , we want to see more of them big uns that you are into...... You haven't been eating Stubbos pigeon pie have you ? 😀😀😀
hi pal
this is worth a try , small sections of lamprey about 50 mm long , head section size 6 or 4s pinch about 4 swan shot to your trace , just enough weight to tighten down too , try this close range , works for me when they are twitchy...
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Steve , I put a small egg sinker with a rubber at the top of my trace and no other weight . I still missed 1 . I won't be out for a while with looks of things . I'm typing this from hospital, just had a scan , hopefully only appendicitis .
I was only fishing 1-2 rod lengths out , I think I'm gonna put it down to a bad day , try and learn a thing or 2 about that experience and be ready for them next time 😀
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:10 pm

piketastic wrote:Steve , I put a small egg sinker with a rubber at the top of my trace and no other weight . I still missed 1 . I won't be out for a while with looks of things . I'm typing this from hospital, just had a scan , hopefully only appendicitis .
I was only fishing 1-2 rod lengths out , I think I'm gonna put it down to a bad day , try and learn a thing or 2 about that experience and be ready for them next time 😀

Hope its nothing bad Craig and you are up and about and back in good health again soon mate Shocked
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Get well soon Craig and dont worry about missing a few,  sometimes they just nip baits without any intention of swallowing them.  Or do as I do and say everyone was a tiny jack lol Very Happy

Just to brighten your evening is one i had this afternoon.  A recapture from last year and gained a whole 1lb.  whats the chances of repeats in 1000 acre waters?  but it certainly is.  dropped a mid double off at the net too.  happy days  20lb 3oz.  i thought she was a bit bigger but even weighing her twice didnt add anything Laughing   the drifter strikes again! Must smile next time, i was just struggling to press the camera release with my wet foot lol
Anybody Catching - Page 7 Repeat10
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:54 pm

piketastic wrote:Steve , I put a small egg sinker with a rubber at the top of my trace and no other weight . I still missed 1 . I won't be out for a while with looks of things . I'm typing this from hospital, just had a scan , hopefully only appendicitis .
you might have pike..i...tus pal treatment for that is ...pike session once a day for seven days it will work a treat.... Laughing get well soon muck
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks for the kind thoughts lads much appreciated ! Andy , that fish is perfect , I caught one more or less same weight a bit ago, nothing like that condition . Have some of these pike never been caught before , it's pristine ?
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:19 pm

I doubt it very much, repeats are very very rare, But i did have this fish 12 months ago lol. Its from a several thousand acre water and you can fish it 5 days a week and never ever see another angler. Just perfect in my book. In 17 years pike fishing over here i have caught a fish with someone elses trace in its mouth ONCE.
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Hope your feeling better soon Craig.
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 am

I made a promise that i would take a neighbors young lad out and catch him a Double.  well with all the shite weather its been near impossible to get him out.  Half term and a break in the storms and off we went yesterday.  I think he might enjoy catching Pike lol,  just look at that smile.  He had a 3lb,  then a 7lb  then this beauty.  Happy days Very Happy

Anybody Catching - Page 7 Dsc00610

He seemed to enjoy them all Very Happy

Anybody Catching - Page 7 12722110

Anybody Catching - Page 7 12735610
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 7 Empty Better than a blank

Post  leondodd Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Well, I'm just back my fifth session in five days, out both days this coming weekend to make it seven in seven, two blanks, twelve runs and six fish out, seems like a poor runs to fish ratio, any ideas???
Not managed anything big yet, one low double and the rest under six, all good fun though and its nice to catch a few, regardless of size. Hoping for a decent one at the weekend, cheers guys, keep the catch photo's coming there always nice to see, Leon

leondodd

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:02 am

lowdouble wrote:I made a promise that i would take a neighbors young lad out and catch him a Double.  well with all the shite weather its been near impossible to get him out.  Half term and a break in the storms and off we went yesterday.  I think he might enjoy catching Pike lol,  just look at that smile.  He had a 3lb,  then a 7lb  then this beauty.  Happy days Very Happy

Anybody Catching - Page 7 Dsc00610

He seemed to enjoy them all Very Happy

Anybody Catching - Page 7 12722110

Anybody Catching - Page 7 12735610

The smiles on his face says it all Andy, First of many more I'm sure.
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:07 pm

First of all well done to the lad a new angler is born
My day was cold miserable and very wet
My lures got ignored all day
My spouse on the other hand completely did me in when a nice pike completely devoured her Ricky roach
Am I glad it only has 1 treble
Anybody Catching - Page 7 20160210
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:15 am

~Well done to your partner Dave, very pretty pike indeed. Your a lucky man to have a woman share your hobby Smile
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  dave van dessel Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 am

The only reason she gives me grief when I go without her is because she's pist she can't come
dave van dessel
dave van dessel

Back to top Go down

Post  matt859 Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:05 pm

well done to your partner Dave, very pretty partner indeed. You are a lucky man to have Pike share your life together. Very Happy Very Happy
matt859
matt859

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next