PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching

+28
Flyfishin
J Robinson
DELBOY
-CrAiG-
Pikeypete
Tigi113
matt859
leondodd
stephen7
D@veG
dave van dessel
coops440
nopikehere
fatcaff
MAD BAD ANGLER
Eric Edwards
the bat
piketastic
mal wynne
Dave-Newman
psion
lowdouble
admandino
rozzo
adie1200
Idlepiker
stubbo
silkmen
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching - Page 21 Empty Re: Anybody Catching

Post  lowdouble Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 pm

I got a real beating today,  me and the son fish a few days together when ever he is home and bragging rights are hard earned.  10 fish to 0 was the result today lol.  never had as sound a thrashing Shocked
Anybody Catching - Page 21 Fb_cop10
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:24 pm

silkmen wrote:was out yesterday had 4 and lost 1 2 on roach 2 on sardines loving this season already was a lot colder down hear yesterday
Anybody Catching - Page 21 Jake_110
Anybody Catching - Page 21 Jake810
Anybody Catching - Page 21 Jake710
clonkers Jake,, well done mate
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  leondodd Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 pm

A blank for me this morning, not a sniff between me and two mates, 6 rods. Unbelievable after it has fished so well at the start. Oh well, you can't catch every time, back out in the morning,
Good luck everyone, Leon

leondodd

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:28 pm

blankety blank number three for me. craig (piketastic) had two beauties,, a double and an 8lb'er the double was a tagged fish but we don't know by whom? bit of a mystery but is was tagged in it's left gill with the number 095 on a bright orange tag. craig rang neville fickling and he wasn't aware of any tagging other than the broadland pike which are tagged in the dorsal. craig will probs be along with a pic of the fish soon. it was very healthy but never seen one tagged that way before,,, kinda wish we had removed the tag now?
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:37 am

Enjoyed yesterday on a stretch of river we haven't fished for a few years. As for the tag ju, it didn't seem to be harming the fish at all and the fish was in extremely good condition.
3 runs for us yesterday for 2 fish.
Well done Jake again some lovely marked fish mate
Can't wait for the next alarm to sound off or that float to slide under!

Anybody Catching - Page 21 2016-110

Last edited by piketastic on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  Idlepiker Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:34 am

Some great photos there lads well done.
I was out Friday had a 7lb jack, a 10lb and a 12lb. And again not a sniff after 10:30. Must be a morning water lol.
Idlepiker
Idlepiker

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 am

Idlepiker wrote:Some great photos there lads well done.
I was out Friday had a 7lb jack, a 10lb and a 12lb. And again not a sniff after 10:30. Must be a morning water lol.
thats a great session,, you need to find somewhere local now where the pike feed in the afternoon Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Some gorgeous fish coming out lads well done all. Amazing how the markings and colours can change depending on the water and habitats of the pike. I never get bored of looking at the pictures.
Jake is that my set up behind you in one of the pictures 😀?
Sheer class that 20 Andy, great picture.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  leondodd Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Out for another go this morning, managed a couple of jacks, one about 7 the other about a pound and a half, lovely fish though and nice to catch after yesterday.
On another note, what do you guys use to store your traces? I'm using a rig bin at the minute but I'm not a fan, you can't tell how long the trace is.(although most of mine are about 20 inches), and more importantly it's difficult to see how far apart the hooks are and I'm not keen on wrapping them around something, my uncle has a fox evolution rig case which holds the trace straight, I would like something similar but fox don't make this anymore. Any suggestions?
Cheers all, tight lines

leondodd

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 pm

i use a 1980's plastic cadbury's roses jar and a matching length of 50mm foam grey pipe lagging. i make all my own traces so i know all the lengths and hook distances. rig bin? LUXURY!!!!!! Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:33 pm

the bat wrote:Pike are still well spread out on local ,sailing club and lady of the lake areas producing.best bet would be to catch lives.not much been coming out to deads or lures.
all the fish are laying low , they heard I was coming Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:41 pm

leondodd wrote:Out for another go this morning, managed a couple of jacks, one about 7 the other about a pound and a half, lovely fish though and nice to catch after yesterday.
On another note, what do you guys use to store your traces? I'm using a rig bin at the minute but I'm not a fan, you can't tell how long the trace is.(although most of mine are about 20 inches), and more importantly it's difficult to see how far apart the hooks are and I'm not keen on wrapping them around something, my uncle has a fox evolution rig case which holds the trace straight, I would like something similar but fox don't make this anymore. Any suggestions?
Cheers all, tight lines
found that the rig cases are a tad too short unless you double up your traces , but that can kink your traces
I use a rod tube and end caps..... cut to length and pipe lagging to coil traces around never had a problem with this arrangement I have around twenty made up traces with me , with different hook spaces to vary bait size.. Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:58 pm

piketastic wrote:Some gorgeous fish coming out lads well done all. Amazing how the markings and colours can change depending on the water and habitats of the pike. I never get bored of looking at the pictures.
Jake is that my set up behind you in one of the pictures 😀?
Sheer class that 20 Andy, great picture.
i think its a very simalar setup now craig i got sick of snapping bank sticks on the rez so got a pod my alarms are fox tho not them posh delks pal Razz
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Fox will do the job Jacob and with the look of your photos they are definitely sounding quite regularly at the minute pal !
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Added your photo of the pike with the tag on Craig 😉
piketastic wrote:Enjoyed yesterday on a stretch of river we haven't fished for a few years. As for the tag ju, it didn't seem to be harming the fish at all and the fish was in extremely good condition.
3 runs for us yesterday for 2 fish.
Well done Jake again some lovely marked fish mate
Can't wait for the next alarm to sound off or that float to slide under!

Anybody Catching - Page 21 2016-110
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks Adie, I can't find owt out about the tag. But fish is in good nick int it ?
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 pm

It is mate 😊 its not that old a fish so it must have been tagged in last couple of years or so 😕
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  the bat Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Went yesterday on the localish res.blanked,my mate had an 8lber and fella had 2 fish,decent high doubles I wild say when both his rods went at once

the bat

Back to top Go down

Post  leondodd Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Been out again this morning, 1 small jack, about 2lb, nice to see so many small ones about, be nice to get a decent one or two though. Back out tomorrow morning to try and do just that, as long as I get back from London in time to go, fingers crossed.
Tight lines all and keep the pics coming, they're nice to see

leondodd

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:05 am

well done to those who are catching , might get out myself this weekend.... if no other commitments come forth Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  leondodd Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Well I made it back so had a morning session, managed 1 about 8lb.
There seems to be a lot more small fish this year than last, maybe because I didn't start til November last year maybe the bigger fish will move in soon, (obviously with the one major exception)!!!

leondodd

Back to top Go down

Post  silkmen Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:23 pm

got a pike match this sunday on the rez so fingers crossed i do aswell as i have been doing..i usually bottle it on match day dont i piketastic lol
silkmen
silkmen

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Had an interesting trip to Soctland. On day one I only caught 8 pike biggest just over 10lb but I must have had thirty or more runs. At times they where taken it within minutes of casting out. I had to leave my rods out so I could eat my dinner. Sometimes there was nothing there and other times they would be on for a minute other times they would jump out of the water throwing the hooks. Now I have had days when I have lost fish like this but this was on another scale.
On the next day on a different stretch of river that I have not fish before I had 4 runs without a fish losing 2 at the net.

Like I said a very interesting trip.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  piketastic Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:21 pm

You will hold your own Jacob , especially at home aswell.🏆 😀. A few of us have had it like that psion , pure frustration. I'm sure you were catching them before that session and I'm sure you will catch them again no problem. Every brain cell works over time though doesn't it ? Trying to work out what you can do different , but when it boils down to it, the tried and tested techniques always come good in the end. Stick to what we know works ! More often than not we know it will work again.
piketastic
piketastic

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 pm

psion wrote:Had an interesting trip to Soctland. On day one I only caught 8 pike biggest just over 10lb but I must have had thirty or more runs. At times they where taken it within minutes of casting out. I had to leave my rods out so I could eat my dinner. Sometimes there was nothing there and other times they would be on for a minute other times they would jump out of the water throwing the hooks. Now I have had days when I have lost fish like this but this was on another scale.
On the next day on a different stretch of river that I have not fish before I had 4 runs without a fish losing 2 at the net.

Like I said a very interesting trip.
me and my brother had a session like that a few years back early on in the season... found out they were eels trying to take the baits .... we caught a big eel on a small peace of lamprey section later on in the day are you sure they were all pike takes pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next