PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadbaiting questions.

+8
stubbo
cobbler
Bazz
lowdouble
rozzo
MAD BAD ANGLER
psion
Flyfishin
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Deadbaiting questions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Deadbaiting questions.

Post  Flyfishin Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Cheers for the reply,

The Hook was in before the tail into the bone like this picture in this link below \/

Best way to hook deadbait LINK

It was the other hook that kept falling off. I've been fishing for pike for while not deadbaiting though.

Thanks FF.

Last edited by adie1200 on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made the link work :D :D)

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Flyfishin wrote:
Cheers for the reply,

The Hook was in before the tail into the bone like this picture here
The 2nd picture
Best way to hook deadbait LINK

It was the other hook that kept falling off. I've been fishing for pike for while not deadbaiting though.

Thanks FF.
the 3rd pic is the better option for deadbaiting pal  the one with the sardine this will cast the best

I use deadbait casting clips...... cast as far as you want and never lose a bait
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:14 pm

stubbo wrote:
Flyfishin wrote:
Cheers for the reply,

The Hook was in before the tail into the bone like this picture here ( http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/fishing-tips/knots-rigs/best-ways-to-hook-deadbaits-8091 The 2nd picture )

Thanks FF.
the 3rd pic is the better option for deadbaiting pal  the one with the sardine this will cast the best

I use deadbait casting clips...... cast as far as you want and never lose a bait

Cheers

I've herd about deadbaiting clips, never seen them or used em what do they do if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

Flyfishin wrote:
stubbo wrote:
Flyfishin wrote:
Cheers for the reply,

The Hook was in before the tail into the bone like this picture here ( http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/fishing-tips/knots-rigs/best-ways-to-hook-deadbaits-8091 The 2nd picture )

Thanks FF.

Cheers

I've herd about deadbaiting clips, never seen them or used em what do they do if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers ff.
if you look on you tube and type in matt hayes and max cottis pike fishing video , it is explained in full on there vid , better than me trying to explain pal.... its an old vid but very informative
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Cheers for the reply,

Just a question Should I stick to the size 6s or should I go for size 4s what do you ye think?

Thanks ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 pm

I never fish less then a size 4. But its what you feel is best. Bait size is another factor.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I normally only use half baits like mackerel and that I normally don't use full baits unless there small...

Thanks ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:15 am

Flyfishin wrote:Cheers for the reply,

Just a question Should I stick to the size 6s or should I go for size 4s what do you ye think?  Thanks ff
depends on what size fish your after and bait size
I have a theory about using bigger hooks size 4s   think theres less chance of a fish swallowing a bigger hook  in the process of swallowing it would get caught up in the mouth before getting to the gut area...
I strike straight away ...no waiting,,,, Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:57 pm

stubbo wrote:
Flyfishin wrote:Cheers for the reply,

Just a question Should I stick to the size 6s or should I go for size 4s what do you ye think?  Thanks ff
depends on what size fish your after and bait size
I have a theory about using bigger hooks size 4s   think theres less chance of a fish swallowing a bigger hook  in the process of swallowing it would get caught up in the mouth before getting to the gut area...
I strike straight away ...no waiting,,,, Very Happy

Cheers for the reply,

I'm fishing tomorrow hopefully going out with two rods thanks psion!! Don't have an extra alarm yet and I'm wondering what float setup would ye suggest? Something simple but effective would be great!

Also just wondering about striking into the fish at distance, do you really have to strike hard into the fish? What I did is reel down slow and then I strike not hard or anything, just asking as I've lost my last 5 fish within 10 ish seconds after striking, I feel the fish and then bam I lose the fish really frustrating to be honest!

Cheers ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:07 am

hit em hard at distance mate,,, then hit em again Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks FF you are welcome.I hope you catch a big one. I will be out Monday.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:52 pm

psion wrote:Thanks FF you are welcome.I hope you catch a big one. I will be out Monday.

Tried the rod today and worked well psion many thanks,

But a bit of an update ( i went to a lake That's supposed to hold some nice pike first time getting something!! ) finally got a decent fish not sure on weight as I broke my other scales, she was a beauty around 110cm not sure on weight but it was some take the banksticks nearly collapsed I've never seen such a take, she either hit the line I think as I got a solid alarm sound then nothing I then reeled in the line a foot or so and as soon as I put it back on the alarm bam!!! A good fight to, she was released. Just a question though

What scales would ye suggest I was looking at the savage gear digital scales on sale to 16£

Any suggestions ?

Cheers FF.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:54 pm

Tried the rod today and worked well psion many thanks, unfortunately I didn't get a fish on it yet!

But a bit of an update ( i went to a lake That's supposed to hold some nice pike first time getting something!! )  finally got a decent fish not sure on weight as I broke my other scales, she was a beauty around 110cm not sure on weight but it was some take the banksticks nearly collapsed I've never seen such a take, she either hit the line  I think as I got a solid alarm sound then nothing I then reeled in the line a foot or so and as soon as I put it back on the alarm bam!!! A good fight to, she was released. Just a question though

What scales would ye suggest I was looking at the savage gear digital scales on sale to 16£

Any suggestions ?

Cheers FF.

Last edited by Flyfishin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:11 pm

Flyfishin wrote:Thanks for the reply,

I normally only use half baits like mackerel and that I normally don't use full baits unless there small...

Thanks ff.
why , big baits.. big hooks = big fish Evil or Very Mad
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:29 am

Flyfishin wrote:Tried the rod today and worked well psion many thanks, unfortunately I didn't get a fish on it yet!

But a bit of an update ( i went to a lake That's supposed to hold some nice pike first time getting something!! )  finally got a decent fish not sure on weight as I broke my other scales, she was a beauty around 110cm not sure on weight but it was some take the banksticks nearly collapsed I've never seen such a take, she either hit the line  I think as I got a solid alarm sound then nothing I then reeled in the line a foot or so and as soon as I put it back on the alarm bam!!! A good fight to, she was released. Just a question though

Any suggestions ?

Cheers FF.
do some googling then forget digital scales. good set of analogues every time Twisted Evil
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 am

rozzo wrote:
Flyfishin wrote:Tried the rod today and worked well psion many thanks, unfortunately I didn't get a fish on it yet!

Any suggestions ?

Cheers FF.
do some googling then forget digital scales.  good set of analogues every time Twisted Evil

Cheers,

Have you had bad experiences with digital weigh scales? I was looking at Reuben mk2 scales

Cheers ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  rozzo Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:02 am

anologue dial scales always work,,, digital scales pack in when damp,, when batteries are low,, when computer says no,,, anologue dial scales always work,, do the maths Rolling Eyes
rozzo
rozzo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I have Fox digital scales I would not buy them again. The batteries are always going.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:59 pm

psion wrote:I have Fox digital scales I would not buy them again. The batteries are always going.
and don't buy the korum digitals waste of time and money.....always letting me down Very Happy
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:50 pm

stubbo wrote:
psion wrote:I have Fox digital scales I would not buy them again. The batteries are always going.
and don't buy the korum digitals waste of time and money.....always letting me down Very Happy

Cheers for the replies,

What scales would ye suggest preferably cheaper but good quality

Thanks ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:05 pm

The fox scales are a battery eater Psion, I just take one of the batteries and turn it round when not in use and ive had the same ones in for 2 seasons and they do get a bit of work lol. Ive also reubens and avons but i like the digitals for zeroing scales, wet net or not theres no wavering. a 20 is a 20 not somewhere between a bouncing spring 8oz either way☺. If you hold the rubens by the dial instead of the little hook you can add a pound easy, many 19s claimed 20s this way Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Ive had 110cm fish weigh from 19lb 8oz upto 22lb 12oz depending on the time of year, great fish Flyfishin what ever she weighed. Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:50 am

lowdouble wrote:The fox scales are a battery eater Psion,  I just take one of the batteries and turn it round when not in use and ive had the same ones in for 2 seasons and they do get a bit of work lol.  Ive also reubens and avons but i like the digitals for zeroing scales,  wet net or not theres no wavering.  a 20 is a 20 not somewhere between a bouncing spring 8oz either way☺.   If you hold the rubens by the dial instead of the little hook you can add a pound easy,  many 19s claimed 20s this way Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad     Ive had 110cm fish weigh from 19lb 8oz upto 22lb 12oz depending on the time of year,  great fish Flyfishin what ever she weighed. Very Happy

Cheers

I sadly didn't have my scales with me so I didn't know... I was a bit p***ed Evil or Very Mad ahah, going back their this week and there's even more bigger fish there, she was a thick fish I just said 16lb for the sakes of it...

Thanks ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:42 am

Flyfishin wrote:
lowdouble wrote:The fox scales are a battery eater Psion,  I just take one of the batteries and turn it round when not in use and ive had the same ones in for 2 seasons and they do get a bit of work lol.  Ive also reubens and avons but i like the digitals for zeroing scales,  wet net or not theres no wavering.  a 20 is a 20 not somewhere between a bouncing spring 8oz either way☺.   If you hold the rubens by the dial instead of the little hook you can add a pound easy,  many 19s claimed 20s this way Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad     Ive had 110cm fish weigh from 19lb 8oz upto 22lb 12oz depending on the time of year,  great fish Flyfishin what ever she weighed. Very Happy

Cheers

I sadly didn't have my scales with me so I didn't know... I was a bit p***ed Evil or Very Mad ahah, going back their this week and there's even more bigger fish there, she was a thick fish I just said 16lb for the sakes of it...

Thanks ff.
don't forget your pics

we love to see fish on here
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyfishin Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 am

stubbo wrote:
Flyfishin wrote:

Cheers

Thanks ff.
don't forget your pics

we love to see fish on here

Didn't have anyone with me so no pictures unfortunately will be fishing there next week so hopefully I'll get something Decent!!

Thanks ff.

Flyfishin

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:29 pm

I fish mainly on my own
just take a pic of the fish on the matt , place a rod or reel next to it to give it some scale
can turn out good pics
or if like some prefer not to post pics

no probs

stubbo

stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next