PikeAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Catching part two

+16
Tigi113
Fish-N-Fool
Steve French
andycoe76
pikemon
MAD BAD ANGLER
Pikeypete
mal wynne
fatcaff
matt859
rozzo
piketastic
the bat
J Robinson
lowdouble
David Wynne
20 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 Empty Re: Anybody Catching part two

Post  stubbo Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 pm

adie1200 wrote:Terrible isn't it back pain Twisted Evil  I have kidney problems and on medication for them but do get Kidney infections now and then and that's not nice mate it puts me in bed for a day or two Shocked Shocked But touch wood I've not had one for a while Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just been told I have fatty liver as well they said as it is it wont last me my lifetime affraid affraid got to have more tests over the next 4 months to see how it is going meanwhile I have to try to lose weight and get fitter lol Oh well Back to pike fishing might get some exercise that way lol! lol! lol!
me too pal stone in four weeks , but I have cut down on the rubbish food and drink and done a few good long walks , nothing comes for free...pal
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 am

well lads Very Happy trout season has started so its a change of pace for me and hopefully some nice weather too. first though to end my Pike main season, its 7 days straight on the water as a mate is having next week with me. surely we will see a 20 between us, but you never know Embarassed good luck lads and expect a few reports, good or bad lol Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

http://www.gwencol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

We were out yesterday I had two Jack's it was my mates turn to blank.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Horrendous wet weather with gusts upto 60mph made fishing far from pleasant Crying or Very sad but still we managed to land 5 and miss / lose 3 more, 7lb, 8lb, 8lb 10lb and a nice fat 16lb 6oz. Thats day one over lol
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  adie1200 Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Much better than sat watching TV lol! lol! lol!

Good luck for the rest of the week Thumb up
adie1200
adie1200
Admin

http://pikecarpandcoarse.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 pm

lowdouble wrote:Horrendous wet weather with gusts upto 60mph made fishing far from pleasant Crying or Very sad    but still we managed to land 5 and miss / lose 3 more,  7lb,  8lb,  8lb  10lb  and a nice fat 16lb 6oz.   Thats day one over lol
Monday is giving high winds too here, still you have caught fish ...well in
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Yesterday was even worse weather Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 8hr of 30mph driven rain and sleet, ended up fishing where I didnt want to be, end result ONE run and a 10lb 7oz saved the day Embarassed

Taday and normal service resumed, 12mph SW, overcast and a dry day. 21 runs, 12 fish landed and 8 of those were Doubles, best 2 fish were 16lb 6oz and 17lb 9oz. Roll on tomorrow lol.
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbo Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 pm

lowdouble wrote:Yesterday was even worse weather Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad   8hr of 30mph driven rain and sleet,  ended up fishing where I didnt want to be,  end result ONE run and a 10lb 7oz saved the day Embarassed

Taday and normal service resumed,  12mph SW, overcast and a dry day.  21 runs,  12 fish landed and 8 of those were Doubles,   best 2 fish were 16lb 6oz and 17lb 9oz.  Roll on tomorrow lol.
you were lucky to get out ...well done good result , we had it worse over here 50mph plus .......
stubbo
stubbo

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm

It's hard when the weather is against you. My mate and I were out yesterday but, unfortunately, we blanked. Off to Scotland next week for four days, hoping for good weather and to catch something but I won't hold my breath!!

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:52 pm

We had the storm the day before you Stubbo, 65mph and lashing rain all day too. good luck Psion and tight lines.

Well only 5 runs yesterday but landed 4 fish to 14lb 12oz, today 6 runs produced 4 fish to the boat but luckily one was a 5lb 9oz Brownie, first of the season Wink
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:19 am

Last day yesterday as I am laid up with a water infection. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad       9 runs and lots dropped,  3 fish landed,  15lb 1oz,   17lb 4oz and the best of the week 18lb 9oz.  happy days Very Happy

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 1_211

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 1_710

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 1_1210

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 1_610
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:33 am

I have put off my trip to Scotland for a few days because of adverse weather. I am going to go somewhere local on Monday.
The Season is fast coming to end - I know some of us have put the pike rods away already, my last outing will be the 31st of March.
I am already thinking of the next season - I have been asked to join a Pike monitoring scheme which may give me access to some new waters.
I have been looking round my shed for tackle to sell that I no longer use, mainly boat fishing stuff, but finding hard to let go. I have sold a lot of lures
but still have lots left. I think the electric engine will be the next thing to go, along with boat rods and trolling floats Crying or Very sad

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:36 am

Looking at your picture, very envious of the very nice fish you've caught ....... and the fact you're in a boat!!

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Thanks Psion we did ok, no 20s but 15 good doubles was nice. Ive got to get rid of my 520, I havent used her in near 3years but just cant bring myself to let her go Embarassed
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 20190316
Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 20190317
We, or should I say I, had a good day yesterday. I had a 17lb (top picture) and 15lb and 3 jacks. My mate blanked.
I was looking to buy a 520 at one point  - they are a very nice boat. I am only looking at selling stuff to make room in my shed but
I do find ebay a pain. At the moment am looking at my fly fishing tackle which has not seen light of day for years, apart from trying for a pike
when am in Ireland which I have not managed  to do yet..

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Lovely fish mate, well done Very Happy
I went all out on the fly fishing too lol, 2 sessions and m arm and back were fecked Embarassed Now gathering dust like yours lol

Great boat but a bitch to launch and retrive single handed, my best mate moved back to Kent and its been parked up since Sad Sad
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:02 am

I was out Sunday fishing a small tarn it's a nice place to fish I don't think there is anything big in there but I always catch something
but not today I blanked.
Off to Scotland tomorrow.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wynne Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:49 pm

I've pulled the plug on my Pike season, I have been away on holidays for the last few weeks so didn't get any last minute fishing in, so in my eyes I would class my season as mediocre at best, but as always thoroughly enjoyable.

I will be having a couple of nights as a confidence booster on fairly easy Carp waters over the next few weeks, before switching my attention to the Bream, Tench and Catfish once the weather warms up sufficiently.

Tight lines everyone whatever species you fish for this summer.
David Wynne
David Wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 am

Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 20190319
This was the biggest at 12 lb, in total we caught 20 plus pike on our last trip to Scotland. I think a lot of people are already packed up for the season, David, as it's very quiet on here.
I will finish on the 31st March. I won't be fishing again till June- then its Barbel and Chub but I did have a thought about going Catfish fishing Smile

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:34 pm

good luck David on your species hunt Very Happy    And well done Psion on a good end to the season Wink    Ive had a day on Pike lures and a day for Trout this week,  I had a 12lb pike and missed a few yesterday,  and an 8oz,   1lb  and 7lb 3oz Trout today,  all on trolled lures and deads.  This one came from 48ft down on a downrigger fished Roach.  Trout season has started officially Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Anybody Catching part two - Page 20 Img_2030
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  mal wynne Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:07 pm

lovely trout Andy , I,ve been out after trout today had 5 all around the pound mark , all on small cranks on my ultra lite rod, might go for pike next weekend but from now on it,s lures up in the hills on mountain lakes

mal wynne

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:35 am

They are great fighting fish on the right tackle Mal Wink They dont have to be huge to give a great battle. well done on catching 5, great sport Very Happy
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:24 am

Once again nice fish. What do you fish for in the summer?

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  lowdouble Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:15 pm

I ran a mostly coarse guiding B&B here for 16 years Psion,  i was a mad keen Bream Chub and Tench angler in England and loved it here too,  for a while lol,  seeing and prebaiting and catching literally thousands and thousands of the damned things has put me right off lol,  theres not too many species over here so its Trout and Perch in the summer and Pike all winter for me.  If there were Barbel or Grayling Catfish or Zander I would target those for sure too. Wink Wink Wink

Just to prove a point lol,  my house records for a single angler for one day are.
Bream  299lb 12oz
Tench 225lb
Roach in river using stick float  218lb
Pike in one day 247lb

Thats a lot of fish Wink   i had plenty of BLANKS too Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
lowdouble
lowdouble

Back to top Go down

Post  psion Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:29 am

I was out yesterday nice weather no fish. Sunday will be my last trip this season. I love Ireland I have be bagging up on Roach and Bream and of course pike
for over thirty years it's sad to think that I wouldn't be there this year.

psion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next